Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Pentagon UFO Report

Thanks for sharing that. I just read it, and one thing I found interesting is that they bring up as a challenge the stigma associated with reporting UAPs and disparaging reactions from colleagues. They do say that the situation is improving.

And also, they say that the reports are likely physical objects, and may represent a danger to operational safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As above, so below

They express the concern that some could be weapons of other countries, but essentially say there is no reason to think any are. And a few of the reports seem to show unusual flight characteristics, but say it could be due to observer error or spoofing for example.

All in all pretty much what I think most of us expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    Thanks for sharing that. I just read it, and one thing I found interesting is that they bring up as a challenge the stigma associated with reporting UAPs and disparaging reactions from colleagues. They do say that the situation is improving.
    That could be an issue indeed. It is important that eg military pilots report unusual activity they've seen. Not because they HaVe SeEn ALIENS!!!!1! but because they have seen unusual activity, which might be military relevant, an operational hazard, or an instrument issue.
    With sufficient thrust, water towers fly just fine.

David Fravor, of the Nimitz "encounter", was greeted by colleagues wearing tinfoil hats after he'd made his report.

Grant Hutchison
    Science Denier and Government Sponsored Propagandist. Here to help.
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    David Fravor, of the Nimitz "encounter", was greeted by colleagues wearing tinfoil hats after he'd made his report.
    Yeah, when people tell me about those types of experiences, I try really hard to be politely challenging while making sure to avoid the impression that I’m mocking them, because I really don’t want to create a situation where someone would be afraid to talk to me out of fear I’d ridicule them.
    As above, so below

Yeah, when people tell me about those types of experiences, I try really hard to be politely challenging while making sure to avoid the impression that I’m mocking them, because I really don’t want to create a situation where someone would be afraid to talk to me out of fear I’d ridicule them.
    Unfortunately I'm not as political, I don't mince words or thoughts when discussing such events. I'm sure that there was something not identifiable but not something that was from an alien world. The tracks of stupidity run deep in some and I care not discussing such events beyond a moment or two. Discussion of the Roswell crash site as being from another world is one such discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Here is a link to the report itself:

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/docum...P-20210625.pdf
    Thanks, as you state, pretty much what we all expected.

I saw this UFO fly over Grafton Wisconsin in 1990 or 1991, absolutely silent. https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/i..._h678_fmax.jpg
    The moment an instant lasted forever, we were destined for the leading edge of eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
    I saw this UFO fly over Grafton Wisconsin in 1990 or 1991, absolutely silent. https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/i..._h678_fmax.jpg
    That’s from an Australian newspaper, but you saw it in Wisconsin? Did you take this photograph? Or are you claiming you saw something similar? If something similar, what were the differences? More details please.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I tracked down the article that image came from. Here it is:

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...r-new-lambton/

The image you linked to was claimed to have been a photo taken from Belgium.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I tracked down the article that image came from. Here it is:

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...r-new-lambton/

The image you linked to was claimed to have been a photo taken from Belgium.
    It's a classic image from the Belgian "black triangle" UFO wave of 1989-90.

Grant Hutchison
    Science Denier and Government Sponsored Propagandist. Here to help.
    Blog

That’s from an Australian newspaper, but you saw it in Wisconsin? Did you take this photograph? Or are you claiming you saw something similar? If something similar, what were the differences? More details please.
    The picture is from Belgium, but I saw the same thing in Grafton Wisconsin, except it was evening, about 7 or 8 pm and it flew low, when it was still plenty light, seemed less than half a mile, over my house, silently. I don't think it was massive. Hard to judge size. I think it was probably a military plane. The amount of lights could have been different.
    The moment an instant lasted forever, we were destined for the leading edge of eternity.

The picture is from Belgium, but I saw the same thing in Grafton Wisconsin, except it was evening
    Once I heard a UFO, but could not see it. The shape sort of could be made out by the stars it was obscuring. (dead of night) Not a lighter than air craft, but it was not moving. But it definitely was making a very slight noise. And it was definitely directly over my person, which was strange enough.

To be continued ...

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    It's a classic image from the Belgian "black triangle" UFO wave of 1989-90.

Grant Hutchison
    +/- 20 years and no landing, no contact or hard evidence of an alien craft. Really a Unidentified FO, but containing an alien intelligence???

The Belgian Triangle photo was a fake.
    The photographer now says that he took a picture of a model made from polystyrene: "We never realised that the photograph would leave the factory where we were working. The snapshot started to lead a life of its own and we decided to keep our own counsel."
    https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2011/07...ery-1-1075881/

In 2011, a man named Patrick Maréchal invited Belgian reporters to his home to show them what he and some friends had done at work when the media hype had been at its peak. They had taken a sheet of styrofoam, cut it into a triangle, painted it black, embedded a flashlight in each corner, then hung it from a string. Maréchal still had many photos that they had taken trying to get that one that fooled the world.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgia...oax_photograph

Indeed, I have not been able to find a single photo of a 'black triangle' that has a good provenance. I think that means that all black triangles sightings are misidentifications or hoaxes, but I'm not yet completely certain.

Quote Originally Posted by eburacum45 View Post
    I thought so, but I had forgotten the details. The fact that it shows a shape aside from the lights makes it inherently suspicious.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I think it was probably a military plane.
    https://news.usni.org/2014/04/23/ana...itary-aircraft