Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSG and Orion

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    Those Atlas bots could go under the "Trivial or non-trivial technology that amazes you" thread. It's a good thing they picked "Atlas" and not some other name like "Leonardo".
    Yeah. ...Hey!
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Well, that was done poorly on the part of the folks doing the DVDs. The miniseries was presented over two nights, two hours per night. Id expect it to be included at the beginning of the DVD presentation, or at least with some indications on the first season boxes that it comes first.
    The miniseries was packaged as "Battlestar Galactica: The Miniseries". I can't remember whether I knew of its existence, or if it was even present on the shelves when I bought the Season 1 discs. It was something of an impulse buy, which is extremely rare for me: "Oh, there's that thing my friend loves so much."

Grant Hutchison

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I liked the idea of BSG finding Earth 150,000 year's ago. But thought it unrealistic that 30,000+ humans would so easily be persuaded to throw away what little technology they had and runoff into the jungle and live like cavemen. I believe Apollo would be disappointed to see us now. We're not much better than those ancient Colonials.
    Well, yeah, that was definitely a big case of the Stupids. To force a bunch of characters who've fought so hard to survive to make such a blatantly nonsurvival decision just to force a connection to Earth...

They should have just made it a crash. Running battle with the Cylons, one last ship staggers into the Solar System, splashdown in the ocean, leaving a handful of main characters brave heroes to swim ashore with just their wits and bare hands....
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright