Thread: Posting history

Posting history

What happened to all the posting history for members?
    The moment an instant lasted forever, we were destined for the leading edge of eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
    What happened to all the posting history for members?
    Are you asking about this?

https://forum.cosmoquest.org/search....archid=1101576

Or something else?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

By the way, I got that by tapping on your forum name, then clicking on “View Forum Posts.” I think it has always been limited to the last 500 posts.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

You'll have to be a little more specific. What exactly are you looking for?
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Quote Originally Posted by PetersCreek View Post
    You'll have to be a little more specific. What exactly are you looking for?
    Under my activity, I see only 3 threads posted.
    The moment an instant lasted forever, we were destined for the leading edge of eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
    Under my activity, I see only 3 threads posted.
    How exactly are you doing a search? When I check for the threads you started, I find 343.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

If I just look at your profile page I only see four entries, but if I click on "Find latest posts" over to the left, I get zillions. I think the profile display only shows the last 30 days of posts.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

Quote Originally Posted by ToSeek View Post
    If I just look at your profile page I only see four entries, but if I click on "Find latest posts" over to the left, I get zillions. I think the profile display only shows the last 30 days of posts.
    Thank you!

Something is dodgy.

I found someone who appears never to have posted at all - "Find latest posts" turns up nothing. And yet the post count is over 8,000.

The same person allegedly has over two million views of his/her profile page, so I think that statistic has become dodgy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Stone View Post
    Something is dodgy.

I found someone who appears never to have posted at all - "Find latest posts" turns up nothing. And yet the post count is over 8,000.

The same person allegedly has over two million views of his/her profile page, so I think that statistic has become dodgy as well.
    Not to be morbid but that could be one of our deceased members, or one who simply decided to disengage with CQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Stone View Post
    Something is dodgy.

So it's been more than 30 days since they posted.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    So it's been more than 30 days since they posted.
    So far as I can tell, "Find latest posts" returns all posts, just in reverse chronological order. If anyone finds any odd exceptions to this, please feel free to PM me or report it to the moderators so we can look at it (presuming you don't want to point out individual members publicly).
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.