View Poll Results: Have you had your Covid-19 vaccine?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fully vaccinated.

22 78.57%
  • First shot, need the second.

5 17.86%
  • Not yet, but will be.

0 0%
  • Not available in my area yet.

0 0%
  • Waiting, concerned about safety.

0 0%
  • Not going to, concerned about safety.

1 3.57%
  • No, it's some sort of conspiracy

0 0%
  • Beer cures everything.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you had your Covid-19 vaccine?

Have you had your Covid-19 vaccine?

Well, have you?
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

So long ago Iím already thinking about a booster.

Mid January.

Pfizered on May 3 and May 24.

Fully vaccinated, but still being very careful.
    The greatest journey of all time, for all to see
    Every mission makes our dreams reality
    And our destiny begins with you and me
    Through all space and time, the achievement of mankind
    As we sail the sea of discovery, on heroesí wings we fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Pfizered on May 3 and May 24.
    The verbal form doesn't roll off the tongue quite so easily for the one I got.
    You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, and I won't have it!

I expect to get my second shot in about two weeks. I'm "in the system" and they'll text me when it's my turn again. Still mostly keeping to ourselves here, up to my eyeballs in "COVID projects" around the house.

Why?

We have a friend who refuses to be vaccinated. I tell him copulations. Youl will be the last one locally to die of covid-19. [/I]

I think you might have meant "congratulations"...
    As above, so below

I will get my second shot in about 6 weeks. Like almost all over 60's here I am only able to get the AstraZeneca vaccine and there is a 'prescribed' waiting period of 12 weeks between the two shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    I think you might have meant "congratulations"...
    That makes sense. I wasn’t quite sure what it was supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by John Mendenhall View Post
    We have a friend who refuses to be vaccinated. I tell him copulations. Youl will be the last one locally to die of covid-19. [/I]
    No upside to saying this. Either he will die of COVID, or (most likely), he won’t. If he doesn’t, he’ll rub your words in your face. If he does, you won’t be able to do I-told-you-so.

Probability in the high 90%s that your friend is going to be telling you, see, I told you, it’s no big deal.

Fully vaccinated. Still cautious because I live with two adults with asthma, one of them elderly and immune-compromised, and two kids. One kid has had two shots but is waiting on two weeks, one has had one shot waiting on the second.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Fully vaccinated, but the kids can't be yet.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Do people have to pay for these in some countries?

At least where I am, it is free (well, government-funded, obviously someone pays for it), but I'm not sure if that is the case everywhere.

The choices presented in the poll had me a bit undecided. I'm fully vaccinated but I also know beer cures everything. I chose to select the former.

Quote Originally Posted by schlaugh View Post
    So long ago I’m already thinking about a booster.

Mid January.
    Ours are to be Feb-Mar

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
    Do people have to pay for these in some countries?

At least where I am, it is free (well, government-funded, obviously someone pays for it), but I'm not sure if that is the case everywhere.
    Publicly funded here (Canada).

Quote Originally Posted by geonuc View Post
    The choices presented in the poll had me a bit undecided. I'm fully vaccinated but I also know beer cures everything. I chose to select the former.
    Thankful Covid vaccine and beer are not incompatible.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Thankful Covid vaccine and beer are not incompatible.
    In some states they are linked by giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    I just missed that with my second shot. I'm really torn on that. Waiting vs free beer. I generally don't drink beer, but I really liked the idea of going to a bar in the first time in forever.
    Solfe

I got 10% off grocery coupons for getting injected at a supermarket. I think it specifically exempted alcoholic beverages.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I got 10% off grocery coupons for getting injected at a supermarket. I think it specifically exempted alcoholic beverages.
    That is not a bad deal.
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by geonuc View Post
    I had the same thought, and ultimately made the same choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    Which country?

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    I just missed that with my second shot. I'm really torn on that. Waiting vs free beer. I generally don't drink beer, but I really liked the idea of going to a bar in the first time in forever.
    Bars here have been closed for over a year, although many "bars" have now obtained restaurant licenses. It's hard for me to tell the difference as a customer. Well, except for the fact that, if they're open, they must be a restaurant now.

The poll responses are not representative of the situation in any country I am familiar with, so I think we might have some self-selection bias.

Either in which people join the board, or which choose to respond. Or both.

The poll responses are not representative of the situation in any country I am familiar with, so I think we might have some self-selection bias.

Either in which people join the board, or which choose to respond. Or both.
    Both, I'd guess. I posted the same poll on my other forum with similar results, although there's one "waiting, concerned about safety" vote there. That forum has multiple Covid deniers and anti-vaxxers who make themselves known in other threads. But they haven't shown up in the poll.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by 21st century schizoid man View Post

which country?
    usa.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Both, I'd guess. I posted the same poll on my other forum with similar results, although there's one "waiting, concerned about safety" vote there. That forum has multiple Covid deniers and anti-vaxxers who make themselves known in other threads. But they haven't shown up in the poll.
    The situation in east Asia has been, most of the countries have kept things under control enough that a lot of people don't see the need - why get vaccinated, if we don't have the disease here? But recent outbreaks in a lot of countries are causing something of a rethink.

In Hong Kong last month, they were saying they'd have to throw out millions of doses of Pfizer vaccine because not enough people want to get it, and the expiry dates are approaching. I don't know if that situation has been resolved. Better to sell it, or even give it away, to some other country, than to throw it away if you ask me. We're still in the early stages, I'd say there are more people who want vaccine and can't get it, than batches of vaccine sitting around because no one wants it.

Yes, thanks. Too late to edit.

Bars here have been closed for over a year, although many "bars" have now obtained restaurant licenses. It's hard for me to tell the difference as a customer. Well, except for the fact that, if they're open, they must be a restaurant now.
    We had that here for a little bit. For a hot second, the governor decided that chicken wings were not food for the purposes of serving booze. I'm not sure how long that lasted. Probably a couple of minutes. As I understand it, the "clarificantion" came by twitter moments after that pronouncement had been made.
    Solfe

In Texas, if the establishment serves alcohol and food, and makes 51% of its income from the food, it's a restaurant.

Texas also has laws prohibiting restaurants and bars from selling alcoholic drinks for off-premises consumption*. Those laws were relaxed when the pandemic made take-out and delivery the only choices. They still haven't been reinstated and may not be. Too much potential income.

* It's interesting (to me) that bars and restaurants must use glass containers that are not easy to carry out, but sports venues must use plastic containers so they cause less damage when thrown onto the playing surface or at a player. (Okay, that last isn't the only or stated reason.)
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Our state is offering giveaways if we get the vaccine, and I'm hoping like anything that all the big prizes go to people who got it months ago because it's the right thing to do, not people who thought, "Sure, I'll do it for a chance at a million dollars."

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"