Thread: Shanghai Astronomy Museum

Shanghai Astronomy Museum

"World's largest planetarium to open in Shanghai"

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/20210...1bd65fd16.html

The Shanghai Astronomy Museum, the world's largest planetarium in terms of building scale, will open on July 17, the planetarium announced Monday.

Covering an area of approximately 58,600 square meters, the museum is located in the China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone Lingang Special Area. It is a branch of the Shanghai Science and Technology Museum.

Tests were carried out on Monday, while the official website and WeChat account of the museum have been launched as well. The museum will open to the public on July 18.

The museum has an 8K ultra-high definition dome theater and exhibition areas with various themes. Collections including some 70 meteorites including those from the moon, Mars and Vesta, as well as over 120 collections of artifacts, including original works of Isaac Newton, Galileo Galilei and Johannes Kepler, will be on display.
    I am because we are
    (African saying)

Wow, that sounds great! I really enjoyed my time in Shanghai a few years ago. Maybe it's time for another visit.
    Forming opinions as we speak

"Live: Tour the Shanghai Planetarium during its trial run"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnIERtA0Nj8

The Shanghai Planetarium, the world's largest of its kind, opens for trial operation in east China's Shanghai.
    It took six years to complete. Its building is oval structured and features three principal forms: an oculus, an inverted dome and a sphere, symbolizing the orbits of the celestial bodies.
    The observatory is equipped with the largest-caliber telescopes and professional solar telescope in China, the world's most advanced new-type optical planetarium device, a super high definition multi-function full-dome cinema and other large-scale professional facilities.
    The main exhibition area of the planetarium consists of three zones: the "Home" area, the "Universe" and the "Journey" area. Visitors here can observe the galaxy, learn about astronomy and experience it using observation instruments. Follow CGTN to find out more.
    I am because we are
    (African saying)

"China's space propaganda blitz endures at slick new planetarium"

https://www.spacedaily.com/reports/C...arium_999.html

China has opened the doors on what it bills as the world's largest planetarium, a slick new Shanghai facility showcasing the nation's recent extra-terrestrial exploits while notably downplaying those of space pioneers like the United States.

Beijing has spent much of this year bombarding the public with news of the country's rising space prowess, part of a larger propaganda blitz highlighting Chinese achievements under the ruling Communists to mark the party's 100th anniversary.
    I am because we are
    (African saying)