Thread: What is it?

What is it?

If this is not a CGI hoax, what could it be? It seems to slow to be a bolide.
    https://twitter.com/TheSun/status/14...re-over-russia
    SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

A venting rocket stage, I'd guess, perhaps one that has had a misadventure. The Vostochny Cosmodrome was nearby.

Grant Hutchison
    Science Denier and Government Sponsored Propagandist. Here to help.
    Blog

Off hand, it makes me think of the exhaust of a rocket at high altitude when the sun catches it right.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Two posts at almost the same time. . .

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Off hand, it makes me think of the exhaust of a rocket at high altitude when the sun catches it right.
    Yes, and of course it's not necessarily coming down, despite the perspective. You can see something similar in Saturn V videos just before staging. There's one here, for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkeWosEzrQE&ab_channel=okrajoe
    (Sorry if you get hit with an ad before you can watch the video.)

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    Yes, and of course it's not necessarily coming down, despite the perspective. You can see something similar in Saturn V videos just before staging. There's one here, for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkeWosEzrQE&ab_channel=okrajoe
    (Sorry if you get hit with an ad before you can watch the video.)

Grant Hutchison
    Yes, I was immediately reminded of pictures from some fairly recent SpaceX launches when I looked at it. Im not assuming it must be descending.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Yes, I was immediately reminded of pictures from some fairly recent SpaceX launches when I looked at it. I’m not assuming it must be descending.
    Yes, I understood that. I briefly did assume it was descending, which was why I suggested it might have had a misadventure.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog