Thread: Need some help with history

Need some help with history

Guys, a thread I started a while ago debunking the Bohemian grove was a success. Sure, some people weren't very happy of it, but they accepted their mistake. Here's the thread. Warning: there may be some swearword or vulgarity in it:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=264601

Now I am focusing on the great pyramid on the back of the dollar bill. I have found some nice links on it.

I need help with this:

In December of 1776 he was dispatched to France as commissioner for the United States. He lived in a home in the Parisian suburb of Passy donated by Jacques-Donatien Le Ray de Chaumont who would become a friend and the most important foreigner to help the United States win the war of independence. Ben Franklin remained in France until 1785.

I believed that Benjamin franklin had belonged to the first commitee to develop the seal of the United states. If he was in dispatched to france in 1776 and did not come back till 1785, how could he take part in the making of the great seal?

Re: Need some help with history

Quote Originally Posted by collegeguy
    ..I believed that Benjamin franklin had belonged to the first commitee to develop the seal of the United states. If he was in dispatched to france in 1776 and did not come back till 1785, how could he take part in the making of the great seal?
    Franklin's participation was confined to the First Committee only. There were a total of 3 committees and the finalized product incorporated input from all three. This site details the designing process.

Thanks for the link. If I recall correctly, I once read that the "all-seeing" eye had been useed as a symbol of the renaissance or something like it. Does anyone know if it is true? I've found nothing on the topic. How early did it start to be used?

Actually the eye goes all the way back to the ancient Egyptian 'Eye of Horus.' Do a search of the 'Eye of Providence' collegeguy.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer17
    Actually the eye goes all the way back to the ancient Egyptian 'Eye of Horus.' Do a search of the 'Eye of Providence' collegeguy.
    Oh man, no good. people will relate it now to the illuminati via the freemasons. They also had the symbol of an eye in a triangle.

Oh man, no good. people will relate it now to the illuminati via the freemasons. They also had the symbol of an eye in a triangle.
    Well, you're not going to stop them from relating stuff to the Illuminati anyway collegeguy. That's part of the hokum. The best approach IMO is to put the onus on them to prove the Illuminati actually exist and are influencing things now. I have a pretty good knowledge of geo-politics and if you think that'll help, give me a yell. In the meantime I'll read up on some of the background as time permits, but it'll be awhile before I can argue "eyeballs" with these people. :wink:

Now? That's been an on-going thing for many years. I can remember it from when I was a kid, and they were criticizing Woodrow Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by A Thousand Pardons
    .. Now? That's been an on-going thing for many years. I can remember it from when I was a kid, and they were criticizing Woodrow Wilson
    I'm aware of that but you got to start somewhere. If they want to take a walk down memory lane, I'm not a slouch in history either.

the Illuminati, which were once a real organization, got their start (and, in my opinion, end) in 1770's Bavaria. they may have used the symbol, but Mozart used a lot of Masonic symbolism in The Magic Flute, and you never hear that he was part of some Masonic conspiracy, just the ones who had money.

I suggest using The Straight Dope, at http://www.straightdope.com, to search out a lot of this stuff.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"