Thread: Very Bad Cameraperson

Very Bad Cameraperson

I was just watching one of those "Funny Live News Bloopers" shows. Picture an obviously empty launch pad at Canaveral. In the background you hear the loud speaker: 10, 9, 8, 7, ignition, 3, 2, 1, solid rocket boosters, liftoff of STS... Suddnely someone yells "Oh #$% your pointing at the wrong one." The camera starts swing around wildly, finally there, well up into the sky is the shuttle. #-o How could someone get a job as a camera man and not know the differance between an empty launch pad, and one with a shuttle on it?

Maybe he thought it launched from an underground silo?

Re: Very Bad Cameraperson

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal
    I was just watching one of those "Funny Live News Bloopers" shows. Picture an obviously empty launch pad at Canaveral. In the background you hear the loud speaker: 10, 9, 8, 7, ignition, 3, 2, 1, solid rocket boosters, liftoff of STS... Suddnely someone yells "Oh #$% your pointing at the wrong one." The camera starts swing around wildly, finally there, well up into the sky is the shuttle. #-o How could someone get a job as a camera man and not know the differance between an empty launch pad, and one with a shuttle on it?
    Oh my god- I was caking myself after reading this!

Quote Originally Posted by mickal555
    Must be one of those upside down cakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Maksutov
    Quote Originally Posted by mickal555
    Must be one of those upside down cakes!

Poor mickal. It's a good thing he's got a good sense of humor!

--hippie

I think Mickal meant "cacking"...

I thought that was just a Scots expression! Of course, the way mickal spells maybe he was "casking" himself!

Back to the OP: could the whole thing have been done deliberately, as a joke?

I remember a few years ago there was something similar that involved a building demolition. Several blocks away, someone shot a short film that was timed so the explosion and collapse happened as part of the story line.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie B.
    Back to the OP: could the whole thing have been done deliberately, as a joke?

I remember a few years ago there was something similar that involved a building demolition. Several blocks away, someone shot a short film that was timed so the explosion and collapse happened as part of the story line.
    I agree, when video blooper shows gave prizes out for the funniest, the videos were getting more and more staged. By eliminating the prizes, I think they're getting back to true bloopers (although some of the staged ones are amusing).
    In fact, I vaguely remember that implosion video.