Thread: Discussion: Soyuz Tourist Flights Beginning Soon

SUMMARY: Two space tourists will have a chance to fly to the International Space Station in 2005, at a cost of only $20 million each. The flight will include a professional cosmonaut pilot and launch on board a Soyuz rocket from the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan. The mission is being organized by Space Adventures, the company that organized the flights for Dennis Tito and Mark Shuttleworth. The Soyuz will completely self-sufficient, providing all the supplies required by the passengers and even some additional supplies for the station.

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.

These are great stories, and the more of these I hear about the better. Although I WISH I could say in relation to myself, `at a cost of only $20million,' obviously the laws of economics dictate that the greater the number of these flights - the cheaper they're going to be - perhaps one day within the reach of the middle-class - one day.

Although it mentions 2 space tourists in the story, it seems that only 1 in the end made it last year - a lucky chap by the name of Gregory Olsen.

Greg Olsen

Good onya Champ!

Daisuke Enomoto

Looking at other prospective space tourists, apparently Daisuke was going to be the next cab off the rank, but given his involvement with disgraced Japanese Internet company Livedoor, I guess its probably unlikely that he'll make it to the Soyuz craft. Anyone know if he's still on?