Thread: Must Read!!!

OK, I just finished reading a really good book, its called "Angels and Demons" and its by Dan Brown, who also wrote the "DA Vinchi Code." It talks a lot about anitmatter and the CERN research facility. Its a great fictional read but the author did a lot of research!

They are good books. And was it Digital Fortress? That was good too.

-Locke

Hey Locke: I just purchased "Children Of
    the Mind" by O.S. Card. Hopefully, I'll be able to start it tonight.

Wendell

Yes, Digital Fortress and Deception point are by Dan Brown as well. I'm reading Seabiscuit now, after seeing the movie not too long ago. I hope its as good!
    Children of the Mind is a strange book I think, not as well written as the first three in the Ender series, so be patient with it WendellG, it does get to be a fairly good book.

One of my latest favourite reads has been "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold. I haven't read anything like it, and likely won't again. It made me sit back and cry once I had finished reading it, for the pure and simple reason that the subtext was beautiful. Please, read it.
    I'm a Douglas Coupland fan as well, and I think "Life After God" has stuck with me through the years. It's a collection of short stories about the end of the world....and what happens in those final moments to various people. Plus, he's a Canadian. *waves tiny flag*
    Jostein Gaarder is also an amazing author. "Sophie's World" was my first read, and I've since built up a nice little Gaarder collection. Highly intelligent, lots of imagination. Plus, I've noticed a running link between them all. Usually I can't stand that, but he pulls it off nicely.
    And I'm utterly devoted to Pride & Prejudice. My favourite novel of all time, which I read once every few months it seems. I have this old battered paperback copy that is almost falling apart. I guess it's time to buy a new one.

There. Off to the bookstore with you!