Thread: Discussion: Galactic Wind Connects Galaxies

SUMMARY: Astronomers have known for nearly a century that galaxies are distinct islands of stars, floating apart from each other in space. But it turns out that galaxies are more connected than previously believed because of large-scale "galactic winds" which blow off of galaxies and interact with each other. Researchers from the University of Maryland studied galactic winds in both visible and X-ray light around 10 galaxies, and found that they can often fill an area larger than the galaxy itself. This wind is thought to come from stars and actively feeding black holes.

Comments or questions about this story? Feel free to share your thoughts.

Victoria Guest
    I wonder Fraser <_< I have recently seen "finding Nemo", ( I almost feel silly pondering this, yet...) On the journey on finding their fellow friend they come upon a wave of turtles (I believe) who are on some sort of Oceanic Wave heading for Australia, this wave is sort of like a direct path to land, could this in some way be related to these waves (winds) in space? - Victoria

Hi Fraser,

And this is another confirmation that large-scale currents (winds) exist in space between galaxies. In other words the Electric/Plasma model becomes "truer and truer" (see the thread about the Sun flipping it&#39;s magnetic field and the Dark Matter discussions)
    Cheers.

NakedEye Guest
    As a student of Meteorology ... this is not surprising to me. Although similar and dissimilar forces are at work when comparing structures of spiral galaxies and fully matured hurricanes, we see that winds aloft (tracked by water vapor enhanced imagery) are often interconnected between simultaneously occurring hurricanes thousands of miles apart from one another. Likewise....oceanic islands are connected by a coonecting seawater medium. This is important since the shores of an island can be impacted by large swell waves from a hurricane an ocean away.

Hi Nakedeye,

The weather systems on earth and on any of the planets in the solar system could be driven by the same forces. Not just the Sun&#39;s heat, because how could Pluto receive enough heat to keep a weather system going, while clearly it does. But again the electrical forces that are present throughout the solar system can be responsible for all the weather systems. I won&#39;t go into detail here, but there is enough evidence that electrical storms can generate winds and form into tornadoes. It is contrary to accepted theory, where winds generate the electricity needed for electrical storms. A lot of people think that our weather is driven from outside our planet (me too) and if you want to find out more, just visit www.holoscience.com and look at the news items about lightning and see if you agree with the evidence. If you don&#39;t agree. I would be happy to try to explain all this stuff, or you could ask the experts directly,

cheers.