Thread: Argh!

Today this fellow student of mine was messing around with me about the moon programme, saying we actually never went. What became really clear to me is that it's
    awfully easy to just answer every question with "that's also fake".

For example when I confronted him with the stones the astronauts took with them, he answered: "everyone involved in the survey of those stones was involved in the sceme".

And about the interviews during which a formal astronaut got really pissed when he got confronted with the hoax-ideas: "that guy's just playing along".

I'm pretty sure he was just kidding with me, but it really made clear that stupid (or should I say 'naive') people are really hard to convince.

I admire you, BA [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

P.S.: I'm gonna bring your book in tomorrow [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MHS on 2002-10-03 16:37 ]</font>

On 2002-10-03 16:34, MHS wrote:
    For example when I confronted him with the stones the astronauts took with them, he answered: "everyone involved in the survey of those stones was involved in the sceme".
    You might point out that the moon rocks that were brought back were made available to hundreds of scientists all over the world. Certainly not all of those scientists of all those nationalities could be in on the conspiracy.

Research groups can still rent/borrow the rocks for research purposes. (You can't buy them though, so forget about having a moon rook on your coffee table.)

mallen wrote:

//You can't buy them though, so forget about having a moon rook on your coffee table.//

Every so often, I want a moon rock of my Very Own.

Once I mentioned this to my sister.

&lt;L-Y> I want a moon rock.
    &lt;Konoha>...what would you do with a moon rock if you had one?
    &lt;L-Y> Knowing me, I'd probably admire it for a few days, set it down on the kitchen table, and wouldn't see it again until next year.
    &lt;Konoha> Ysabeth, Ysabeth, Ysabeth...

Oh well. Is any place selling Genuine Fake Moon Rocks? ^_^

Sure, I have a new batch coming out of the autoclave next week!...

Oops! Oh what a giveaway!

Hey, I have access to an autoclave - what's the "recipe" for making a "moon rock"? I'd like to make some of my own. [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

On 2002-10-05 12:25, nebularain wrote:
    Hey, I have access to an autoclave - what's the "recipe" for making a "moon rock"? I'd like to make some of my own. [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    1. Strike proto-Earth with Mars-size object to eject Moon into orbit.

2. Cool for 4 billion or so years. Stirring occasionally with meteor impacts.

What he said.

And make sure you don't add water.
    [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

**grin** It is, strangely enough, in the manga Oh My Goddess! Queen of Vengeance... According to Keiichi, it's aluminium, calcium, and titanium. Then you stick it on a hydraulic press and wait. Then of course you have to melt it and let it reform, since moon rocks are igneous. Otherwise Urd'll keep on shrinking... Sorry, probably no one here has any idea of what i'm talking about.

On 2002-10-07 14:10, Sum0 wrote:
    **grin** It is, strangely enough, in the manga Oh My Goddess! Queen of Vengeance... According to Keiichi, it's aluminium, calcium, and titanium. Then you stick it on a hydraulic press and wait. Then of course you have to melt it and let it reform, since moon rocks are igneous. Otherwise Urd'll keep on shrinking... Sorry, probably no one here has any idea of what i'm talking about.
    Not no one - I have the videos of the adventures of Urd, Skuld, and Belldandy, as well as some of the manga, though I can't immediately recall your specific reference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ToSeek on 2002-10-07 14:54 ]</font>

Sum0 wrote:

//According to Keiichi, it's aluminium, calcium, and titanium. Then you stick it on a hydraulic press and wait. Then of course you have to melt it and let it reform, since moon rocks are igneous. Otherwise Urd'll keep on shrinking...//

And I even *remember* that scene. I am an IDIOT.

(Of course, the AMS manga is currently at my parents' house, and I'm not. Maybe I can give myself a little credit.)

Then again, that reminds me that I really want a Maxwell's Demon stone of my Very Own... ^_^

"Everything explodes. Everything."
    -- Law #11 of Anime Physics

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Luriko-Ysabeth on 2002-10-09 15:47 ]</font>

Spinning off on a crazy subtopic... I like the way everything in OMG is explained (like Maxwell's stone of explosiveness, or whatever) in a slightly coherent sciency way. It's interesting that these goddesses gain their power from a higher understanding of science...