Thread: Hawking Present?

StarLab Guest
    Fraser, mods, I wonder - can we get Stephen Hawking to be present at the UT forums some time? It'd be cool to have a little Q&A/chat thing with him.

Hi everybody, yes it would be nice to have him here.

Here's a recent article about his latest discovery that black holes aren't quite the vacuum cleaners we think!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3897989.stm

There's a very nice picture of a black hole (artist's impression), and a very nice picture of him as well!

PS I like some of the conversations going on here, I'd like to come onboard if that's OK? :huh:

Welcome. Jump in. The water is fine.

Thanks!

I must say, I have been staring at that artist's impression of a black hole, it's hypnotising! I wonder if that's what it really looks like? From all the physics I know, I'd say yes, pretty close. It looks like a drainpipe!

The black hole only appears to form but later opens up and releases information about what fell in.
    Should we consider that is a "Anti-white hole"? White hole do exist LOL!

Yes! Black holes become white holes! So does everything they suck up spew out again?

Too much for my brain tonight. :wacko:

StarLab Guest
    So...DO you guys want Hawking on here? Is it even plausible? Possible?

Does he accept PayPal?

StarLab,Jul 18 2004, 08:06 PM] So...DO you guys want Hawking on here? Is it even plausible? Possible?
    Starlab why don't you try to send him an email and tell him about this forum
    Here : S.W.Hawking@damtp.cam.ac.uk

or visit Dr. Hawking's web page
    http://www.hawking.org.uk/info/cindex.html

It'd be better if you let Fraser do it in my opinion. I'm sure he gets a lot of emails asking him to check out various websites.

Looks like this will be a challenge for the shmoo field.

In the context of the shmoo field a black hole represents the upper end of the energy density scale and its associated quantization. The shmoo field prohibits a singularity from forming by non-zero lengths of the path segments allowed for the movement of energy bundles along the exclusively non-Euclidean paths inside the black hole. It also could allow for information preservation (I suggest information is not preserved) in the way it allows energy to dissipate by gradually shifting the paths from non-Euclidean to Euclidean as the lesser energy states are passed through by the geometry seeking to become Euclidean (zero energy state).

Whatever passes for angular momentum and its preservation should be distributed such that its higher concentration is near whatever passes for an equator for the black hole thus causing variable radii for the event horizon. What is postulated as space time dragging is the energy storing effect of the modification of the quantization of segment lengths along the non-Euclidean paths allowed for energy bundle movement.

I reckon Dr. Hawking would be a laugh-a-minute! Tells great jokes, I heard. Not too good at winning bets, though - a poor loser - said a naughty word.

Maybe if Weaselbunny came he'd be more inclined - he's a devil with the women! (Chats 'em up.)

Jimmy could bring his guitar, Spacemad his spoons, Galaxygirl her clarinet, Kashi bangs away on the piano, I believe. Dance, Fraser?

What a gig!

StarLab Guest
    Because of your witty humor, Chook, I do not know if you are telling the truth about GG playing the clarinet. If you tellin' the truth, that makes two UT users who play the clarinet. Anyone else?

Quote Star Lab:
    "I do not know if you are telling the truth about GG playing the clarinet."

Mate - she plays both liquorish-stick AND organ; and teaches Dancing! What a talent! An asset to any party.

(Belly-dance, GG?) :P