http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...newick31.shtml
    Kennewick Man
    http://www.nemo-outreach.org/forum/bbs.pl?read=9
    1:
    2:
    3:
    4:
    5:

Thanks Hub' !!!!!!! By the way are you also HUB? On the discussion board you two seem to be talking to eachoter, yet HUB does not talk in your usual style. And thanks again for the links.

It ain't exactly astronomy...but it is good news for science.

Silas

Yes, this is not astronomy. I won't lock it, yet, since it does deal with the nature of science.

my fault, i asked him about it and for more info. Sorry about that hub' i didn't mean to get you in trouble. [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<a name="2-11-01.Ye"> page 2-11-01.Ye aka yeah
    On 2002-10-31 20:57, g99 wrote:
    Thanks Hub' !!!!!!! By the way are you also HUB? On the discussion board you two seem to be talking to eachoter, yet HUB does not talk in your usual style. And thanks again for the links.

yep : its true ? dual identiy i guess?
    lemm hit my Show signature key
    befor I SUB_mit

<a name="2-11-01.TR"> page 2-11-01.TR aka AS T R on
    On 2002-10-31 22:41, Silas wrote: To/ HUb'
    It ain't exactly astronomy...but it is good news for science.

Silas
    --
    Si' YOU DO MAKE A FINE POINT:
    my reply to you is here
    IF time is shown anyWhere its an Astranomy
    NOT astrollogy Question {see my next reply?}

<a name="2-11-01.MYn"> page 2-11-01.MYn aka {mayan date goes here}
    On 2002-11-01 00:54, g99 wrote:
    my fault, i asked him about it and for more info. Sorry about that hub' i didn't mean to get you in trouble. [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    ----7:07 A.M.
    its a very fine line that does have an Origion
    4me it does bring some interestin results
    Later in time
    I wish to draw some distinction betwee Alt Azmt
    and JUSt Azmith .. although I cannot explain that easily
    7:10 A.M.

<a name="2-11-01.2H"> page 2-11-01.2H aka Hu?
    On 2002-11-01 10:02, HUb' wrote: To: HUb'

On 2002-11-01 00:54, g99 wrote:

----7:07 A.M.? 7:14 A.M.

don't do the Guestbook trip

because HUB only reads that

once a YEAR on my birthday 1/26

Kennewick Man Skeletal Find May Revolutionalize Continent's History

Kennewick Man Skeletal Find May Revolutionalize Continent's History

A forensic anthropologist at Middle Tennessee State University is one of a select number of scientists to participate in the examination of a skeleton that could force historians to rewrite the story of the entire North American continent.
    What the experts were able to ascertain from their brief encounter with Kennewick is that he did not look like a Native American. In fact, Berryman says Kennewick’s facial features are most similar to those of a Japanese group called the Ainu, who have a different physical makeup and cultural background from the ethnic Japanese.

Some Ainu’s facial features appear European. Their eyes may lack the Asian almond-shaped appearance, and their hair may be light and curly in color. However, this does not mean that Kennewick Man necessarily was European in origin. His features more closely resemble those of the natives of the Pacific Rim than those of Native Americans.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

Interesting theories which should be taken with grain of salt, I believe...

During a visit to the Kennewick Man exhibit at the East Benton County Historical Society Museum, Congressman Doc Hastings today announced a plan he authored that protects the opportunity for the scientific study of ancient remains while respecting tribal rights. Hastings’ bill counters attempts in the Senate that would prevent ancient remains from being studied.

This will make it crystal clear that ancient remains should be studied by scientists and not automatically turned over to the tribes,” said Hastings, whose bill would clarify the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA).

NAGPRA was written primarily to deal with remains from the 19th Century with clear tribal affiliations. The wording of the law is vague on the subject of very ancient remains of unknown origin and was never meant to apply to remains as old as Kennewick Man.

Read more

Position: 45.928970°N -119.320283° (not the exact location but near enough for now)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moved from Against the Mainstream to General Science.

Truth be told, I favor the scientific perspective: that remains as old as Kennewick are impossible to link culturally with present-day tribes. However, I don't think it does anyone any good to antagonize tribal sensibilities; for instance, what if they find a skeleton of great significance and refuse to announce it, for fear of it getting taken permanently?

I favor a compromise: to allow scientists a year to study a skeleton in the minutest detail, to make casts and x-rays, etc., and when it's done to return it to the tribe for burial. I doubt there's anything about a skeleton that can't be learned or sampled in a year; furthermore, I know such a compromise will please neither (some) Indians or scientists. But I think it's better than a "my way or the highway" approach by either side.