Thread: Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Merger Complete.

Talking Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Merger Complete.

From Bad Astronomy

The Bad Astronomy Bulletin Board has merged with the board from the Universe Today to form the Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Bulletin Board! We did this because both our boards deal with similar topics, and by merging we can have a bigger, and we think better community where people can talk about everything under over the Sun.

So join this new community and talk about science, space, astronomy, skepticism, and the latest news from the ground up!
    Looks like it worked. Phew!

And in good time too...I didn't think it'd be up by tonight.

with regards

Thumbs up

Only seemed to take a few minutes. The threads are a bit jumbled but no serious casualties. I've seen worse mergers.

No code buttons. Bummer.

Glom is offline Insert awesome title here
    This new board is much quicker.

yeah it is superfast compared to the old turtleboards

Great job! The only problem I see is the links to old thread posts (coming from Bad Astronomy). And one small nit: the message I got when I went to BABB was "As of midnight on Sunday, September 4, 2005 the Bad Astronomy Bulletin Board merged with the Universe Today board to form the Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Bulletin Board." Isn't midnight Sunday later today?

Woohoo!

(Doesn't seem much faster to me. Maybe my ISP is acting up again.)

I like it. It looks real nice and I've always like the ability to read the first line or so of posts before I actually open them up. Very cool new board!

Looks nice. Still getting used to the new board. Probably wont get used to it for another 15 or 20 minutes.

OMG

I've been a member of the Universe Today forum for ages but I'd never posted (though I really like the site) and when just when I'd practically forgotten about it, I received the e-mail... my two favourite sites' forums merged! Cool!

Glad you like it Marlayna;
    Welcome to the combined Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Forums.
    Hope you stick around a while.

I have been in the UT forum for several months, i dont make many posts, but i visit UT daily to read all the interesting news and posts. I would like to add that this new merge is very practical and by far, more interesting.....

Good work...........Titana

Well, it's been two weeks. Phil, I think you can now make the Bulletion Board link on www.badastronomy.com come directly to the BAUT board, instead of going through the announcement page with the 20-second delay.

Fred
    Hey, you! "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has." "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
    -- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684

Earth's sole legacy will be a very slight increase (0.01%) of the solar metallicity.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by hhEb09'1
    Great job! The only problem I see is the links to old thread posts (coming from Bad Astronomy). And one small nit: the message I got when I went to BABB was "As of midnight on Sunday, September 4, 2005 the Bad Astronomy Bulletin Board merged with the Universe Today board to form the Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Bulletin Board." Isn't midnight Sunday later today?
    As I understand it, midnight is 12am, so midnight would therefore always be at the commencement of a day would it not?