Thread: vBulletin

vBulletin

Why vBulletin and not phpbb?

Well, for one thing, if this site goes to phpBB, I'm leaving.

vBulletin's features, particularly the ability to go to the first new post in a thread, are the only things keeping the post volume from overwhelming me. phpBB is fine for sites with low volume (BABB was pushing it), but not here.

One of our main decisions was to find a forum that would easily import my forum (Invision) and Bad Astronomy (phpbb). vBulletin had the best functionality, hands down. Phil used to complain about how difficult phpbb was to run as an administrator. I was pretty happy with Invision, but vBulletin just rocks. I've been fixing people's bugs left and right so easily. So far, this forum can handle anything we're throwing at it.

phpbb is free, but at this point we were happy to pay cash for the forum that did what we needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteora
    vBulletin's features, particularly the ability to go to the first new post in a thread...
    phpBB did that as well. There was a small orange square by thread titles that would take you to new posts in the thread. It has been like that for quite some time.

There seem, however, to be many other nice features of vBulletin that phpBB required modifications to provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    phpBB did that as well. There was a small orange square by thread titles that would take you to new posts in the thread. It has been like that for quite some time.
    Wow. Learn something new every day....

Thanks! That will come in handy on phpBB forums that I still use. Not sure how I missed that one...?

Nevertheless, vBulletin does have some other nice features that make it easier to use than phpBB - unless I'm missing still more stuff...!