Thread: NASA has been messing with the heavens

NASA has been messing with the heavens

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/11/08/marinabai.shtml

Not sure if anyones posted this. Damn funny though

Her universe must be very small, apparently.

Wink

In a related item, the American and BAUT member usually know as "Swift" announced that he is suing Russian astrologer Marina Bai for $1.2 billion for her attacks on NASA. Swift was quoted as saying that Bai's lawsuit has sent bad 'vibes' throughout the astronomy community. "We're all really upset over this; I've probably spent valuable seconds of my life thinking and worrying about how her lawsuit may negatively impact man's exploration of space. Well, she's going to pay!"

At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift
    In a related item, the American and BAUT member usually know as "Swift" announced that he is suing Russian astrologer Marina Bai for $1.2 billion for her attacks on NASA. Swift was quoted as saying that Bai's lawsuit has sent bad 'vibes' throughout the astronomy community. "We're all really upset over this; I've probably spent valuable seconds of my life thinking and worrying about how her lawsuit may negatively impact man's exploration of space. Well, she's going to pay!"

Great

Quote Originally Posted by Damburger
    Not sure if anyones posted this. Damn funny though
    It's actually been discussed in great detail before (at least on Babb), but I'm glad to see that someone has tracked the outcome. Usually, I see these "stupid" lawsuits get mentioned, but never an outcome.
    We know the court rejected it, but they didn't say why? (I think we all know why, but I want to hear in thier words)
    Maybe we will hear after the appeal?

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher
    We know the court rejected it, but they didn't say why? (I think we all know why, but I want to hear in thier words)
    They probably just did what was said in their horoscope...
    With sufficient thrust, water towers fly just fine.

So, if good "fortune" comes her way and her life changes for the better, now that comet Tempel's course has been altered, will she give NASA the credit?

Also... why doesn't she sue JAXA because HAYABUSA is stealing some of asteroid Itokawa, thus changing its orbital epherimides.

Quote Originally Posted by tlbs101
    So, if good "fortune" comes her way and her life changes for the better, now that comet Tempel's course has been altered, will she give NASA the credit?

Also... why doesn't she sue JAXA because HAYABUSA is stealing some of asteroid Itokawa, thus changing its orbital epherimides.
    Don't be silly! good fortune NEVER comes from government agencies!

and, as far as I know, asteroids are not used in horrorscopes, so whining about... er, lodging a complaint about interacting with one probably wouldn't occur to her.

Virgo
    As the Sign of Service, one of Virgo's favorite roles is to be of help to friends and lovers. The industrious, efficient and well-organized Virgo will rarely have trouble pulling this off, and a banquet at their hands will mean an evening of delectable treats. Ruling Planet Mercury symbolizes Communication; Virgos are possessed of an ability to reason clearly, resolve issues and take a romance to new heights. Virgo can, at times, be shy and a bit repressed, so someone who can bring them out of these depths will be rewarded with a vibrant lover. Concerned with health as they are, a doctor-nurse fantasy is the max for this Sign!
    Well, my Horoscope today reads quite kinky. Thank you, NASA!

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher
    It's actually been discussed in great detail before (at least on Babb), but I'm glad to see that someone has tracked the outcome. Usually, I see these "stupid" lawsuits get mentioned, but never an outcome.
    maybe because of this
    Russian physicist Vladimir Fortov said that the collision had no effect on the Earth and that “the change to the orbit of the comet after the collision was only about 10 cm.”

Re: NASA has been messing with the heavens

Quote Originally Posted by Candy
    Well, my Horoscope today reads quite kinky. Thank you, NASA!
    That appears to be evidence that the probe had no effect on horrorscopes.

Quote Originally Posted by mickal555
    maybe because of this
    Quote:
    Russian physicist Vladimir Fortov said that the collision had no effect on the Earth and that “the change to the orbit of the comet after the collision was only about 10 cm.”
    Yes, we all know that... but how did the court (non-scientific legal types) interpret everything?
    I would be interested how far they had to go to convince the judge to throw it out.
    It's just a case of not enough information. They didn't even say if this physicist was involved in the case, or just someone the reporter got to find out what the case was about.