Thread: moon and shuttle desktop wallpaper

I saw this moon Desktop wallpaper from a site i regularily check. I thought you guys might like it. [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    http://visualparadox.com/wallpapers/...ranquility.htm

Choose your sceeen size at the top.

[eddited subject to add shuttle. see below for shuttle wallpaper]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: g99 on 2003-02-02 19:27 ]</font>

Cool, now I finally have a better background than MS Seattle Blue. Thanks

Ditto - MS Blue is no more, and it compliments my "United Federation of Planets" login screen.

But I think this is a hoax image as the stars are visible... [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif[/img]

webshots has a good set of Columbia pictures to make you pull your hair out which one you want to use as your desktop pic. So frustrating picking which one is the best. I finally decided on the one with columbia piggybacking on the 747.

Enjoy:

http://www.webshots.com/g/56/37389-sh.html

P.S. The moon piture was not fake, it is very much a real picture taken by one of the apollo astronauts from the built in spa and salon on the lunar lander. This was from the hot tub located on the port side of the lander. Jay can probobly verify the specs. [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I thought the hot tub was on the starboard side next to the horseshoe pitch and the veranda was on the port side...I must have had my blueprints upside down.

This was from the hot tub located on the port side of the lander. Jay can probobly verify the specs
    Hot tub?! How does it work in micro gravity situations? [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Don't worry it was heavy water so it weighed more on the moon so it stayed in the tub. While it was in space they just had the water inside a plastic container.

They stored the tub on the outside of the water container. It was a inflatable tub. Bright blue with yellow rubber dukies if i remember correctly. They heated it with a space heater (get it? space heater! [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]) that heated the pipes leading to the tub.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: g99 on 2003-02-02 23:24 ]</font>

I found a OFFICIAL NASA UNALTERED picture of the hot tub.

Here it is small version. for a larger version click the link below.

http://plaza.ufl.edu/sandler/images/lander_funny.jpg

*Notice, no stars, so it must be real* [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

9. 2005-Dec-13, 09:02 AM

Reason
    Spam.