Thread: Plasma Physics

Plasma Physics

I put this here as a general question for all BAUTers.

Would it be interesting for the people here on the BB if an introduction to plasma physics was given? This means, starting from zip (well okay, I assume you have to know something about electrodynamics and Maxwell's equations and such) and then get an intro into what plasma physics is.

That nasty plassssssma my preciousssss, it behaves not like my intuitionssssss, we hates it my preciousssss.

I am willing to put someting together for the holliday season.

martin
    All comments made in red are moderator comments. Please, read the rules of the forum here and read the additional rules for ATM, and for conspiracy theories. If you think a post is inappropriate, don't comment on it in thread but report it using the /!\ button in the lower left corner of each message. But most of all, have fun!

Catch me on twitter: @tusenfem
    Catch Rosetta Plasma Consortium on twitter: @Rosetta_RPC

I would welcome it!!

I'll be watching for it.

Question

Yes i would love to know something about this Please.

Cool, there seem to be interested people. This weekend I am out, but I will try to upload a first pdf, as a trial version, on my geocities page. I am struggling at the moment with how to incorporate mathematical and desciptive physics. But as they say if you really understand the physics you must be able to explain it also in words.
    All comments made in red are moderator comments. Please, read the rules of the forum here and read the additional rules for ATM, and for conspiracy theories. If you think a post is inappropriate, don't comment on it in thread but report it using the /!\ button in the lower left corner of each message. But most of all, have fun!

me too. I'm applying for a research position on Plasma Physics/Fusion and would really like to find a good resource.
    My travel blog Mostly about riding a motorcycle across the US and Europe. Also has cool things that happen in between.

Cool, crosscountry! I am working on the first few pages, introduction etc. Maxwell eq., total charge, current, plasma frequency etc. I hope to have a first draft finished by the end of the week, and then put it up for scruteny.
    BTW I will be using the book by Goossens "An introduction to plasma astrophysics and magnetohydrodynamics." It looks like a good book, it is thin :-) published by Kluwer Academic Press (means tho it's thin, it costs!)