Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Canine Laughter

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,084

    Canine Laughter

    December 4, 2005
    "...A group of researchers says dogs 'laugh' by making a long, loud panting sound...to other dogs, it is at least a sound worth keeping quiet to listen to."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Clear Lake City, TX
    Posts
    12,595
    Hmmm. My dog sits in the bathroom when I shower in the morning and makes a long, loud panting sound when I get out.

    . . . ? ? ? ! ! !

    I'm gonna kill her.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

    You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

    Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    Hmmm. My dog sits in the bathroom when I shower in the morning and makes a long, loud panting sound when I get out.

    . . . ? ? ? ! ! !

    I'm gonna kill her.
    Hey, what do you expect, humans are ridiculous, taking off their "fur" and getting wet behind a curtain, going "potty" in the "large swirling water dish" (everyone knows the place for that is outside on the grass).

    Seriously, that description of dog "laughter" seems pretty accurate to me. They usually "laugh" when they are playing...listen for it, you'll pick it up easily.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,643

    Re: Canine Laughter

    Quote Originally Posted by N C More
    Hey, what do you expect, humans are ridiculous, taking off their "fur" and getting wet behind a curtain, going "potty" in the "large swirling water dish" (everyone knows the place for that is outside on the grass).
    The neighbor's grass. And those lousy humans, putting their excretions in a dog's favorite watering hole!

    Quote Originally Posted by N C More
    Seriously, that description of dog "laughter" seems pretty accurate to me. They usually "laugh" when they are playing...listen for it, you'll pick it up easily.

    Excessive drooling usually indicates hysteria. That's why bulldogs are so much fun!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,013
    hmmm... I seem to remember my dog making that sound when he watched my practice my golf swing...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,084
    Maybe you and Jim could record these and put out a best-selling 'Dogs Laughing' CD; I can see you at the Grammies already---then there's the cross-over factor to consider, too...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The beautiful north coast (Ohio)
    Posts
    49,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Brother Dunk
    hmmm... I seem to remember my dog making that sound when he watched my practice my golf swing...
    Let's just hope our wet-nosed friends are laughing with us, not at us.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

    All moderation in purple - The rules

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    14,315
    I haven't heard the panting while I'm in the shower (whew!).

    Except when I sing (gulp!).

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    5,455
    My dogs whine enough, it makes sense they can laugh as well.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,056
    hrm... I think it may be time to lock the dogs out of the bedroom...I can live with eyes and noses, but it's hard to ignore laughter. It would put me right off my stroke!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    Hmmm. My dog sits in the bathroom when I shower in the morning and makes a long, loud panting sound when I get out.

    . . . ? ? ? ! ! !

    I'm gonna kill her.





    Titana.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,897
    My dog used to run, tail tucked and yiping when I got out of the shower...or got dressed\undressed...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,056
    Jay-R (white sheppard, 150 pounds) wants to dry me off

Similar Threads

  1. Canine sensitivity
    By Polyrealastic Observer in forum Science and Technology
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 2010-Apr-06, 03:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •