Thread: Canine Laughter

Canine Laughter

December 4, 2005
    "...A group of researchers says dogs 'laugh' by making a long, loud panting sound...to other dogs, it is at least a sound worth keeping quiet to listen to."

Hmmm. My dog sits in the bathroom when I shower in the morning and makes a long, loud panting sound when I get out.

. . . ? ? ? ! ! !

I'm gonna kill her.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    Hmmm. My dog sits in the bathroom when I shower in the morning and makes a long, loud panting sound when I get out.

. . . ? ? ? ! ! !

I'm gonna kill her.
    Hey, what do you expect, humans are ridiculous, taking off their "fur" and getting wet behind a curtain, going "potty" in the "large swirling water dish" (everyone knows the place for that is outside on the grass).

Seriously, that description of dog "laughter" seems pretty accurate to me. They usually "laugh" when they are playing...listen for it, you'll pick it up easily.

Re: Canine Laughter

Quote Originally Posted by N C More
    Hey, what do you expect, humans are ridiculous, taking off their "fur" and getting wet behind a curtain, going "potty" in the "large swirling water dish" (everyone knows the place for that is outside on the grass).
    The neighbor's grass. And those lousy humans, putting their excretions in a dog's favorite watering hole!

Quote Originally Posted by N C More
    Seriously, that description of dog "laughter" seems pretty accurate to me. They usually "laugh" when they are playing...listen for it, you'll pick it up easily.

Excessive drooling usually indicates hysteria. That's why bulldogs are so much fun!

hmmm... I seem to remember my dog making that sound when he watched my practice my golf swing...

Maybe you and Jim could record these and put out a best-selling 'Dogs Laughing' CD; I can see you at the Grammies already---then there's the cross-over factor to consider, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Brother Dunk
    hmmm... I seem to remember my dog making that sound when he watched my practice my golf swing...
    Let's just hope our wet-nosed friends are laughing with us, not at us.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

I haven't heard the panting while I'm in the shower (whew!).

Except when I sing (gulp!).

My dogs whine enough, it makes sense they can laugh as well.

hrm... I think it may be time to lock the dogs out of the bedroom...I can live with eyes and noses, but it's hard to ignore laughter. It would put me right off my stroke!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim

. . . ? ? ? ! ! !

I'm gonna kill her.

Titana.

My dog used to run, tail tucked and yiping when I got out of the shower...or got dressed\undressed...

Jay-R (white sheppard, 150 pounds) wants to dry me off