Thread: why cant India and China team up??

why cant India and China team up??

Most of the well informed people around the globe know how bad the cold war was in certain aspects and how beneficial it has been in technological aspects.

having freinds from both india and china. I however feel that there is a possible threat of cold war in asia between India and china.

Forget about what India and Russia had to do with eachother for a moment!
    Lets come out of that things are far bigger than that!

Lets see the bigger picture.. Ultimately what everyone ends up with?
    First they have cold wars all over the globe between them. Then atlast they talk about peace and better relations!

My question to both the people of India and china is , why do India and China have to see eachother as enemies or threat to eachother?

Why cant these two countries start a joint venture in space exploration??

Let me list one major plus point each country has:

1. India: they have a huge talent pool out there. From past 4 decades or so they have been experts in innovative technologies.
    as a result they have: agni, prithvi, akash , nag, ICBM(decent ones), Arjun MBT, and The big boy of Indian rocketery PSLV(launchable in all wheather conditions)

2. China: these are the experts in getting the job done! by that I mean, if you cant make the original one, then, make a copy! sometimes copying pays a lot! it doesnt matter! they have innovative skills as well. yes! they have!

why cant these two countries team up together?? they are neighbours after all!!

Why is it that a common man cant raise his voice against the govt policies?
    Governments which come and go!! where as common man stays there forever!!
    Think about it people!!
    Indian media ridicules the ISRO for mission moon by saying whats the use of re inventing the wheel?

I say, come on if you dont play at the local stadiums then how can you compete at the international stadiums??

You said it, Wolf. Teams can do a lot of good. Just look at the Sailor Scouts, the X-Men, and the Avengers, among others. This is too good an idea to be left to the comics!
    The greatest journey of all time, for all to see
    Every mission makes our dreams reality
    And our destiny begins with you and me
    Through all space and time, the achievement of mankind
    As we sail the sea of discovery, on heroes’ wings we fly!

Hi wolf1711. I see that you're a new member.

You may want to take a look at the rules for posting, as politicical discussion is frowned upon here.

12. Politics & Religion

Due to the contentious nature of these subjects, forum participants are strongly advised to avoid discussing religious and political issues. Please don't begin or contribute to a topic that's merely going to incite or fuel a flame war.

However, the following exceptions apply:

A) Political impact upon space programs, exploration, and science.

B) Focused, polite discussion of concepts such as creationism and "intelligent design" which bear direct relevance to astronomy and science, for the purposes of conversing about and addressing misconceptions.

C) Focused, polite discussion of the difference between astronomy (including cosmology) and religion

D) In the Bad Astronomy Stories section only, focused, polite discussion of topics or issues brought up in the originating post. Do not start a new thread there with your own topics, and do not take the discussion to another forum section.

Partisan political debate is unwelcome anywhere but in the Bad Astronomy Stories section (see 12D above) and should be undertaken elsewhere. The same applies to debates purely religious in nature. Likewise, proselytizing will not be allowed. In short, outside of the Bad Astronomy Stories section you are allowed to discuss politics and religion within a very limited scope where they affect space and space exploration, astronomy, and science. Nothing more. If you really really need to talk about these topics with someone, take it to email or to another bulletin board.
    http://www.bautforum.com/about-baut/...ing-board.html
    Just a friendly warning.

Edit to add: I realize that this discussion has to do with space exploration, though asking questions as to why two countries see each other as enemies could be the spark that ignites the flame.

Quote Originally Posted by dvb View Post
    Hi wolf1711. I see that you're a new member.

You may want to take a look at the rules for posting, as politicical discussion is frowned upon here.

http://www.bautforum.com/about-baut/...ing-board.html
    Just a friendly warning.

Edit to add: I realize that this discussion has to do with space exploration, though asking questions as to why two countries see each other as enemies could be the spark that ignites the flame.
    oh am sorry! Thanks for the timely caution!
    I just wanted to tell all that its time to unite!

they won't team up because there are over a BILLION of each of them, and they are geographic neighbors.. which means they will always bicker over the big and little things that they see differently.

Quote Originally Posted by novaderrik View Post
    they won't team up because there are over a BILLION of each of them,
    Each. Not that they didn't have conflicts before they reached that population level.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Asking why these two particular tigers can't share a hill is like asking why the U.S. and the Soviets didn't team up to go to the Moon-- because there's people in them both, and people stubbornly stick to being enemies with those who they have grown used to seeing as enemies.

Asking why these two particular tigers can't share a hill is like asking why the U.S. and the Soviets didn't team up to go to the Moon-- because there's people in them both, and people stubbornly stick to being enemies with those who they have grown used to seeing as enemies.
    So, in other words, they haven't/didn't, but they should have/should?

Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    So, in other words, they haven't/didn't, but they should have/should?
    They should have/should, at least in my opinion and probably yours, but the people who actually make those decisions strongly disagree.

This thread reminds me of a short article by Larry Niven called "Why Men Fight Wars, and What You Can Do About It!"

In it, he goes into some detail about social animals, alpha males, surrender reflexes, resources, and human evolution and politics. Then he ends with the line:

WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT

You can't do anything about it.

They should have/should, at least in my opinion and probably yours, but the people who actually make those decisions strongly disagree.
    Darn!
    Well, there must be some parallel universe where they did. Fire up the dimensional portal!

Why can't USA and Iran team up?;-)

Same reason!