Thread: The Fall of Dave Chappelle

The Fall of Dave Chappelle

For those of you unfortunate enough to be living in lands outside of the United States, or perhaps living under a rock the last 3 years, I'll explain. Dave Chappelle is a young, vibrant black comedian who had been in several small movie roles (Blue Streak, Half Baked, The Nutty Professor), but nothing in a major starring role. Then in early 2003, he struck a deal to host and star in a half-hour sketch comedy series on the Comedy Central network, a channel best known for the "South Park" cartoon series, and running old movies. The show was a massive success in 2003 and 2004, sold the record number of DVDs for a TV series, and was the most talked about thing in comedy. A record $50M USD was awarded to Chappelle for two more seasons.

Then in late 2004 when the shooting began for the third season, deadlines were missed and wide reports of Chappelle's erratic behavior surfaced. All fans, friends of Chappelle, and execs at Comedy Central were clueless, but hoped it was only a short delay. Chappelle himself, escaped his stress by seeking solitude in South Africa. The show was unceremoniously cancelled at about 60% complete. Dave's behaviour and susequent lack of work has never been adequately explained.

Enter The Chappelle Theory.

The website, allegedly written by a retired Chappelle PR guy, detailed the orchestrated demise of Chappelle by an African American group dubbed the "Dark Crusaders", a sort of Black Illuminati. It's an interesting read, that is either an elaborate hoax or chilling truth. Louis Farakkhan, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton in a room with Whoopi Goldberg, Oprah and Bill Cosby ?!? Maybe too crazy not to be true.

Read it for yourself, and decide what you think happened. Can such a group of black leaders and entertainers exist, and do they wield power through intimidation ? Myself, I thought the show was incredibly funny and groundbreaking, and was dissappointed to see it end. That something so successful ended so abruptly has been one of the biggest mysteries of 2005.

"Cocaine is a powerful drug..."

Quote Originally Posted by Huevos Grandes

Is all true. I cannot say more.

Truth is out there..........

Dave Chappelle is a young, vibrant black comedian who had been in several small movie roles
    Thanks for clearing that up. I thought for a moment this was a conspiracy theory about Dave LaChapelle, the director and photographer.

On a more serious note, Chappelle came out a few months ago and stated that he had become disillusioned with his own stardom. He was upset that all his 'friends' were just hangers-on, that everyone was trying to milk his success for their own benefit, and he didn't like how he was starting to behave. So, the sabbatical to Africa and his further decision not to continue the show after Season 3.

Now, back to the comedy.

Newsflash, Season 3 starts in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesh
    On a more serious note, Chappelle came out a few months ago and stated that he had become disillusioned with his own stardom. He was upset that all his 'friends' were just hangers-on, that everyone was trying to milk his success for their own benefit, and he didn't like how he was starting to behave. So, the sabbatical to Africa and his further decision not to continue the show after Season 3.

Now, back to the comedy.

I think he was maybe afraid of getting into drugs... and he was afraid if he got into drugs he'd end up doing a Richard Pryor... (douse himself in gasoline while freebasing on coke and set himself on fire)

F

I'm Rick James biatch!

Better not to take off than to go down in flames. More power to you Dave.

I liked Chappelle, I thought he was clever and not afraid to go places most avoid. Sketch comedy is hard, as the endless stream of really bad sitcoms will attest. I thought he pulled it off pretty well.

As to someone engineeering it, I have zero reason to think that.

Moved over here. This is not a space related conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinaa
    Moved over here. This is not a space related conspiracy.
    Neither is WTC Demolition Evidence, Reptilian/Masonic Convergence, JFK Assassination/Example of a Theory, or the Necronomicon. It DOES fit the bill of a conspiracy theory, hoax, or debunkers, as most of the other threads in the forum share.

Please to be explaining this uneven moderating.

So not watching TV regularly is now the equivalent of living under a rock? Interesting, and very telling perspective on things.

I had no idea who this was until about a month ago, and I did not know he was black until I read this thread. As you might guess, pop culture is not my bag. In fact, I consider it pretty much of narcotic value only; with it's only redeeming quality being that of filler when there is absolutely nothing else to do.

And The Mystery of 2005? Give me a break, it's TV - not Soylent Green.

Neither is WTC Demolition Evidence, Reptilian/Masonic Convergence, JFK Assassination/Example of a Theory, or the Necronomicon. It DOES fit the bill of a conspiracy theory, hoax, or debunkers, as most of the other threads in the forum share.

All but the first one slipped in something about space aliens killing JFK, another worshiping ETS, and one linked to a site with graphics of aliens. Dave Chappelle leaving show biz is not quite in the same category. If aliens had kidnapped him, well, that is a different story.

All but the first one slipped in something about space aliens killing JFK, another worshiping ETS, and one linked to a site with graphics of aliens. Dave Chappelle leaving show biz is not quite in the same category. If aliens had kidnapped him, well, that is a different story.
    Well, THAT's easily rectified...

DAVE CHAPPELLE LOST HIS MOJO DUE TO SPACE ALIENS!

Grey-skinned creatures from the planet Zaxatron told me this. I swear!

To be honest, this isn't even a conspiracy.

THAT is the conspiracy. They WANT you to think it is not even a conspiracy.

Ahh, okay. So I expect that all of the WTC thread, any other WTC, black helicopter, and all non-alien govt. cover-up stuff will be moved forthwith ?

Looked at the link and its the typical conspiracy garbage.

Let's lots of powerful people of different and sometimes opposing view points getting together to bring down someone.

The thing is this, Chappelle ideas are not new and are based on other African-Americans, including Bill Cosby, but he takes it to the extreme.

His comedy isn't much different than that of In Living Color, MadTV and Saturday Night Live. Again it is just more extreme.

Conspiracy no, someone with too much time on their hands, yes.

Ahh, okay. So I expect that all of the WTC thread, any other WTC, black helicopter, and all non-alien govt. cover-up stuff will be moved forthwith ?
    Nope. Pop culture topics belong right here in babbling.

Edit to add: I also do not see how one could scientifically debunk your "conspiracy."

Edit to add: I also do not see how one could scientifically debunk your "conspiracy."