Thread: Anyone willing to share their knowlege about....anything?

Anyone willing to share their knowlege about....anything?

See im just 14 and i really just wanna know about as much as i can. you could say that im looking for a teacher. i wanna talk to someone who can explain to me about the 'fabric of the universe' theories about different things and just help me increase the knowledge of my small neighborhood and go beyond?

[email removed to prevent spam]

or you can just email me a snippet of something you know or an interesting fact about anything
    Last edited by Knowledge_Seeker; 2007-Jul-01 at 08:10 PM.

In case you haven't read any of her posts, Candy is a gorgeous red headed girl who lives in Chicago. She likes to travel around and meet members of the Baut. Last year she came to Arkansas to attend the Arkansas Star party. Shes really a great person, since the two of you are close, she'll probably be happy to pop over and meet you some time.

Welcome to the board.

Wikipedia is a good place to start learning about such things

Just start reading the post topics and join in. Also the BA's web page and blog are both great. And it looks like the UT topics are pretty good though I haven't read many of them yet.

There is enough here to keep you very busy for a while. Feel free to bump up old topics as well if you have anything additional to add or ask.

I have already enjoyed your Letterman clip so I'm very happy to meet you KS.

thanx and wikipedia- i already made a list.......a LONG list

No Limit in Chicago

e-books and webpages are fast knowledge for sure, but searching the local thrift stores for astronomy books is and always will be the finest and deepest knowledge available. To buy a book for your shelf with your own money is a cosmic event as great as a supernova. YOUR OWN LIBRARY will be the best foundation any person will ever need. And remember the more it costs, the less it's worth. (Trust this axiom.)

wayne i absolutely agree with having my own library id love to buy all the astronomy books in the world or subscirbe to astronomy magaize but they all are really out of my financial rage, i am just a kid and its a more of a money thing
    Last edited by Knowledge_Seeker; 2006-Jan-29 at 06:23 PM.

Save $5 from paper route

Go to Salvation Army Store. Find books. Average cost per book under $1,
    Voila! A library fit for a future Carl Sagan.

See A.b.u.-20 when you start bringing home the bananas. It's somewhere in the small media section. And here's a tune for you to sing on your way home:

"Me and Mike, ve vork in mine,
    Holy shoot, ve have good time.
    Vunce a veek ve get our pay,
    Holy shoot, no vork next day."

- Slaughterhouse-Five

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal
    In case you haven't read any of her posts, Candy is a gorgeous red headed girl who lives in Chicago. She likes to travel around and meet members of the Baut. Last year she came to Arkansas to attend the Arkansas Star party. Shes really a great person, since the two of you are close, she'll probably be happy to pop over and meet you some time.

Welcome to the board.
    Is that so?

I'm kind of in the same situation as Knowledge_Seeker...just want to learn as much as possible. I love stars, always have. Now I want to know more.

Is that so?
    Probably not.