Thread: It's coming!!

It's coming!!

You can't run. You can't hide. Soon it will be here.

KEALAKEKUA, Hawaii, April 13 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Eric Julien, a former French military air traffic controller and senior airport manager, has completed a study of the comet 73P Schwassmann- Wachmann and declared that a fragment is highly likely to impact the Earth on or around May 25, 2006.

[The comet] has followed its five year orbit intact for centuries; but, in 1995, mysteriously fragmented. According to Julien, this is the same year that a crop circle appeared showing the inner solar system with the Earth missing from its orbit.

It was almost convincing up to that point!

Seriously though, is it worth looking up for a decent meteor shower around the 25th?

I was thinking the same thing. Some of his other 'theories' are questionable, as well.

I would suspect nothing will come from his prediction.

ToSeeked

What I wonder is why these things seem to frequently *happen* in May? Anyone else notice that?

I like that "highly likely" part. Sounds like he is setting himself up to claim a "near miss". Maybe in the next month he will do public penance, wear sackcloth and take credit for the near miss too.

Oops. Sorry I did not realize this was discussed on another thread. Moderators feel free to whack this one. I'll direct my cynical comments to the other thread.

I'd be more concerned if he was an amateur or professional astronomer.

To me, this is like hearing that a real estatate agent has studied avian flu and predicted that we all are going to die.

He argues the "Missing Earth" crop circle was a message from higher intelligences warning humanity of the consequences of its destructive nuclear policies.
    So, whoever it is, is using crop circles as warnings? Good grief!

If they're so concerned about out welfare, why don't they just land and tell someone face to face?

I'm glad he added the crop circles thing, since that will help me calm down less astronomically aware people who read the story.
    Forming opinions as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by antoniseb
    I'm glad he added the crop circles thing, since that will help me calm down less astronomically aware people who read the story.
    Yeah, that'll flag it for sure. Or maybe not. Maybe it will just confirm it for some people!

Hmmm... "Julien declares: "we have to save lives when we have such information to share with the public". He further claims it important "to preserve all data, historical artifacts and precious material in the event of such a collision." Julien predicts that the comet collision will occur in the Atlantic Ocean between the Equator and the Tropic of Cancer, and generates 200 meter waves. Julien concludes that "each person with this information has to take responsibility to warn potential victims.""

Ok, so I got on my CB today, broadcasting Julien's suspicions to all who may hear. Hopefully, after we've been utterly pounded by "car-sized fragments" someone 30,000 years from now will sift through the ether and figure out what happened.

Or maybe that was merely an afterthought I had after reading his article...

http://www.savelivesinmay.com/art-de...ay-2006-En.htm

Very impressive. I'm impressed. Does I sound impressed? Because I'm impressed. Really.

Re: It's coming!!

Quote Originally Posted by N C More
    ToSeeked

What I wonder is why these things seem to frequently *happen* in May? Anyone else notice that?
    It's so the Liederites and their ilk can run around screaming, "MAYDAY! MAYDAY!"

Quote Originally Posted by the article
    No government will never announce in advance the width of a catastrophe if it is not able to face it. NONE!
    "No government will never announce"?

Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewulf
    Quote Originally Posted by the article
    No government will never announce in advance the width of a catastrophe if it is not able to face it. NONE!
    "No government will never announce"?

Good!
    Ok, but what about the length and depth of the catastrophe?
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Nope! Not a word!

I'm sure all the astronomers have been sworn to secrecy by the various goverments at gunpoint because they'd spill the beans if they didn't.

Astronomers? What say you?

Oh, that's right.

I don't think you get it, Mugs.

"No government will never..." is a double negative, making it a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by CesarAKG
    http://www.savelivesinmay.com/art-de...ay-2006-En.htm

Very impressive. I'm impressed. Does I sound impressed? Because I'm impressed. Really.
    I'm impressed also -- at the ENORMOUS level of male bovine fecal matter this guy has piled up. Especially the crop circles -- we KNOW that they MUST be right.

I've come to realise that my dream of making up a really good scam to milk the gullible with is doomed to failure, I can't compete with that level of manure production.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

I'm surprised there's no link to a personal survival kit for $99. It'd probably sell.