Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Guy 'predicting the future' using "Hyperdimensional Design"

Guy "predicting the future" using "Hyperdimensional Design"

I found something you people might find, er, interesting. (Or amusing, or ridiculous, or sad, perhaps. I'm torn between all of those emotions.)

There's a guy "out there" on t'interweb, 'Dutch', who posts in a number of forums his prophecies based on what he calls "Hyperdimensional Design". (No, I'm not sure if Richard Hoagland has a copyright to the term 'hyperdimensional', nor whether Dutch has paid him royalites.)

You'll find his forum's introduction here:
    http://hddesign.forumup.nl/about98-hddesign.html

Briefly, he says he takes the Platonic Solids (which are supposed to be alien-received geometry) and interposes them onto the Earth (a sphere) and calculates allegedly significant dates based on the intersection of a polyhedrons' sides with a circle. He calls these "Hyperdimensional Dates".

http://hddesign.forumup.nl/about21-hddesign.html

To me, that seems like 2-dimensional dates (or hypo-demensia/anal dates).

Wouldn't 'hyperdimensional physics' ( not that it exists) take into account the Earth's rotational speed and location in relation to a definitive point, and the position of all celestial bodies and their rotation and speed, and a host of (possibly undiscovered) universal forces?

Surely 'real' "alien, hyperdimensional design" could accurately predict the day, date, time, minute, second, longitude and latitude of a significant event?

I really think it's sad that someone with a wife and young family spends so much time and effort on such an unscientific waste of time.
    Last edited by orphia nay; 2006-Dec-29 at 06:59 AM. Reason: "" in title

Re: Guy 'predicting the future' using "Hyperdimensional Design"

Sounds like something Johannes Kepler already tried and failed at miserably.

Sometimes an ellipse is just an ellipse.

Hyperdimensional.....

Where have I heard this before, the name escapes me, but the buzzword has the red flags flying high...

Quote Originally Posted by Doodler View Post
    Hyperdimensional.....

Where have I heard this before, the name escapes me, but the buzzword has the red flags flying high...
    Well, it's a generic woo-woo buzzword, but it's also used a fair bit by R.C. Hoagland.

Quote Originally Posted by GDwarf View Post
    Originally Posted by Doodler
    Hyperdimensional.....

Well, it's a generic woo-woo buzzword, but it's also used a fair bit by R.C. Hoagland.
    Which means it's a woo-woo buzzword.

Not wanting to support such tosh, but doesn't a lot of modern cosmology postulate up to eleven dimensions, with strings, what ever they are, moving in them? That's hyperdimensional.

John

Re: Guy 'predicting the future' using "Hyperdimensional Design"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Not wanting to support such tosh, but doesn't a lot of modern cosmology postulate up to eleven dimensions, with strings, what ever they are, moving in them? That's hyperdimensional.

John
    Multidimensional, and demonstrable by mathematics as well as objective evidence.

Above dimensional? More than dimensional? Doesn't make much sense to me...

This is rubbish!
    The ONLY way to predict the future is by close study of the entrails of a dead chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by zebo-the-fat View Post
    This is rubbish!
    The ONLY way to predict the future is by close study of the entrails of a dead chicken.
    PIGEONS. Chicken endtrails tell you about the past. All other endtrails tell you about the present.

Milli gratzi! Thats the one.

I incorporated elements of hyperdimensionality in building our front porch. Each of the 10 support posts are plumb to their own dimension. Then I hung the chicken entrails from the rafters as flypaper.

All true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristophe View Post
    PIGEONS. Chicken endtrails tell you about the past. All other endtrails tell you about the present.
    I was about to reply Dove to the original mention of chickens when I saw this reply, but as any accomplished haruspex knows, they are the same.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

I would think all any kind of entrails could tell about is the past. Such as cow entrails tell you that a cow has been slaughtered in the past; otter entrails tell you that an otter has been slaughtered sometime in the past; and so on and so forth. Entrails would always be a bold statement about something in the past being slaughtered, right?

So I turn to my crystal ball in an attempt to see something of my future, and AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! In the future I have a schnoz half the size of my face!

Maybe I should try tea leaves.

All they'll tell you is that someone doesn't know how to use a tea strainer/tea ball.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Great replies, people, and some funny stuff.

Anyone want to sign up at his forum and light a candle in his darkness?

I would love to light a candle in his darkness, but I fear that he would merely note that the light was being emitted at 19.5 degrees!

Seriously though, I doubt it's worth the effort. Anyone who can think that way despite the data that's readily available is unlikely to respond well to criticism. Sunspots appear at positions from equatorial to more than 30 degrees.

Like many woo-woo buzzwords, this one's snagged from science fiction.

I really think it's sad that someone with a wife and young family spends so much time and effort on such an unscientific waste of time.
    I think I spend more time with wife and kids than you think, that is 24 minus 9 hours a day. I can do my research because I have accepted a job far below my level so I can do my job with 2 fingers in my nose and do 'my thing' when I feel the need. I agree with you that it's unscientific what I'm doing, that doesn't mean it isn't true

Dutch

Briefly, he says he takes the Platonic Solids (which are supposed to be alien-received geometry) and interposes them onto the Earth (a sphere) and calculates allegedly significant dates based on the intersection of a polyhedrons' sides with a circle. He calls these "Hyperdimensional Dates".
    I don't know about 'alien-received'. The Hyper Dimensional Platonic Solids are placed upon Earth's orbit around the sun and you can't visualize them in our 3-dimensional reality. The solids would look 'flat' and 'rolled over' if you try.
    Their existence is unveiled by Geometry only, firmly marked by key events at macro level in our reality

Wouldn't 'hyperdimensional physics' ( not that it exists) take into account the Earth's rotational speed and location in relation to a definitive point, and the position of all celestial bodies and their rotation and speed, and a host of (possibly undiscovered) universal forces?

Surely 'real' "alien, hyperdimensional design" could accurately predict the day, date, time, minute, second, longitude and latitude of a significant event?
    locations indeed and in relation to other celestial bodies. So far I have had a focus on the inner planet correlations. Way to go I guess.

This material could indeed 'predict' significant events, like the exit of JPII, Arafat, milosevic, the July 7 London bombings, outbreak of the birdflu, etc.

Currently, the situation related to the Hariri killing is of most interest

Quote Originally Posted by Maksutov View Post
    Sounds like something Johannes Kepler already tried and failed at miserably.

Sometimes an ellipse is just an ellipse.
    It's the interference point based on HD geometry that counts, the 3D shape isn't really important

John

indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

Like to make a prediction?

indeed
    No, thats multidimensional!

Multidimensional, and demonstrable by mathematics as well as objective evidence.
    Multidimensional is probably a better word

Quote Originally Posted by orphia nay View Post
    Great replies, people, and some funny stuff.

Anyone want to sign up at his forum and light a candle in his darkness?
    well here I am, so light that candle

Quote Originally Posted by wollery View Post
    I would love to light a candle in his darkness, but I fear that he would merely note that the light was being emitted at 19.5 degrees!

Seriously though, I doubt it's worth the effort. Anyone who can think that way despite the data that's readily available is unlikely to respond well to criticism. Sunspots appear at positions from equatorial to more than 30 degrees.

Ofcourse you doubt the effort, so why even try?

locations indeed and in relation to other celestial bodies. So far I have had a focus on the inner planet correlations. Way to go I guess.

This material could indeed 'predict' significant events, like the exit of JPII, Arafat, milosevic, the July 7 London bombings, outbreak of the birdflu, etc.

Let's have some predictions then. Give us a dozen or so predictions based on this dimensionality you speak of and we'll see how you do. Name things that will happen in 2007; and no painfully obvious stuff like a woman will announce candidacy for the Oval Office, or that somebody already on their deathbed will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna2 View Post
    Like to make a prediction?
    I second that, make a prediction of something in the near future that we can use as a test.

By the way Dutch, welcome to BAUT. You may wish to read the FAQs and the board rules. If you would like to seriously discuss your work, you might ask a moderator to move this thread to a more appropriate section, such as ATM.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules