Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: connecting magnatism and gravity....

connecting magnatism and gravity....

for those who have kept a close tab on my threads you will know that i think outside of the box...i dont thak newtons laws into consern....nor einstein...einstein once said that...something you need to look at something as....if it could be possable...thats not a direct quote.
    a magnet...all it is...is a rock...how could suck a thing have the power it does..the eath has a magnetic field..........what if the magnetic field..(magnatism) is gravity...." the act of magnatism on on aposing bodys creates gravity" ( i made it up)
    whos to say it isnt true!
    maybe we cant connect the two b/c they are one in the same..maybe everything has masnitism(gravity). just...the kinda rock a magnet is...it is able to harness it to a sertain extent......um..i dont know what else to say...im messed up...on life
    but if any one wants to debate his theory of mine reply to it and ill reply to the best of my knowledge...i love you all..
    ...im in a happy place

I think we need a rule against posting altered.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

your just saying that b/c you dont like me and you know its true. if you did like me you would rejoys in the fun with me
    i dont have a prob with you...hey, do you have a myspace...i have always anted to see a pic of you ever since some one told me you were a girl...i have one
    do you?

No. No, I don't.

And did you ever consider that I don't like you because you post altered? Also, it makes you even harder to understand.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

Dear god, if you're going to tackle one of the biggest questions in modern science at least learn how write properly.

You sound like someone who's age hasn't reached double digits yet.

AND drunk to boot!
    Time wasted having fun is not time wasted - Lennon
    (John, not the other one.)

I'm missing something. What is "post altered?"

Our Patron Saint of the Strange OP here apparently enjoys posting under the influence of certain cerimonial herbs. It's kind of getting old.

It's a bit like driving. Friends shouldn't let friends post drunk or stoned. It's bad karma.
    "Words that make questions may not be questions at all."
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson, answering loaded question in ten words or less
    at a 2010 talk MCed by Stephen Colbert.

Quote Originally Posted by johnathan View Post
    for those who have kept a close tab on my threads you will know that i think outside of the box...
    If, by 'outside the box', you mean discarding the knowledge acquired by thousands of years of experimentation and evaluation, I would most certainly agree.

i dont thak newtons laws into consern....nor einstein...
    I rest my case.

Out of the box, into the bong, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    Dear god, if you're going to tackle one of the biggest questions in modern science at least learn how write properly.

You sound like someone who's age hasn't reached double digits yet.
    Unfortunately, I know people older than my ancient 32 years who are much worse...sober.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Our Patron Saint of the Strange OP here apparently enjoys posting under the influence of certain cerimonial herbs. It's kind of getting old.

It's a bit like driving. Friends shouldn't let friends post drunk or stoned. It's bad karma.
    lol, its not bad karma. plus, i wasnt 'altered' that day
    also, if its getting old then dont read my posts. problem solved wouldnt you say. to everyone else, dont hate lol...

also, if its getting old then dont read my posts. problem solved wouldnt you say.
    Your posting doesn't bother me. Your posting stoned is what I'm finding a bit boorish. Anyway, you do what you feel you have to and project the image you want to. I have no desire whatsoever to be your mother.

Somehow the OP reminded me of the Dick Tracy comic strip back in the '60's. Chet Gould, the cartoonist, didn't understand the difference between magnetism and gravity either.

Edit: And I forgot to add that Gillianrens's first reply about "posting altered" somehow brought (former) tomcats to mind.
    Last edited by Trebuchet; 2006-Sep-22 at 03:17 AM.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

I have made the wise choice a few years ago to never post while being plastered. Afterwards when you re-read what made so much sense last night seems is plain gibberish. When you read it again you're saying to yourself: what was I thinking...

Don't do drugs, Mmkay?

Connecting magnetism and gravity - won't that be a Spindizzy?
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    I have made the wise choice a few years ago to never post while being plastered. Afterwards when you re-read what made so much sense last night seems is plain gibberish. When you read it again you're saying to yourself: what was I thinking...

Don't do drugs, Mmkay?
    that made me laugh,man.
    and thank you. i will take this into conditeration,but how do you know im actually high whill i post. i'm talking about everyone. how do you know i wasnt just playing with you. giving you little hints and letting you draw you're own conclisions,in truth you dont know if i was high. yet you decided other wise.why do you think that is.?
    of corse my spelling is horrible. i see it myself..and it makes me think....why cant i spell anymore,thats beside the point!
    but for real, your relpy made me laugh. it was great

that made me laugh,man.
    and thank you. i will take this into conditeration,but how do you know im actually high whill i post.
    1) You're somewhat coherent when you're sober. You aren't when you're stoned. It has nothing to do with your lazy spelling but your thought process.

2) You're surrounded by engineers, mathematicians, rocket scientists, physicists and astronomers. Never make the mistake of thinking this sort of person is stupid or unperceptive. As for myself, I spend four years in a college dorm, was (briefly) in training to be a pharmacologist, and was engaged to marry a MJ user. *shrug* You were stoned and it showed.

3) You said so in your very first post to this forum. Need I go through the trouble of quoting you?

In any case, it would take a very special sort of lame to go around pretending to be stoned or drunk on an internet message board. I would think nobody in their right mind would want to publically admit to behaving like a particularly insecure middle-schooler (even if you happen to be an insecure middle-schooler.)

One last thing: if that really is your game (or you're thinking of starting to play it), you need to re-read the rules very carefully if you intend to keep posting here, particularly the no-trolling rule.

3) You said so in your very first post to this forum. Need I go through the trouble of quoting you?
    indeed i was high that time and i also said that i have these ideas while im high...its the way you think while your high....your not a pot smoker so you wouldnt know.
    i want to see if there an apifany in my blunders...
    i will continue to post in this forum reguardless if im high or not.
    yes this is a game to me. i ask my little questions and who ever answers them. i state a comment and another adds-on to it. ofcourse this is a game.

It has nothing to do with your lazy spelling but your thought process.
    yes...the thought process....and i will continues until the moderators or admin's deside to kick me out.

i love this place. :P

also. this thread i started...i wasnt high...i was drunk. i guess it wasnt 'to' obvious that i was high like you said....b/c i want, i was drunk

yes, ill stop refering to beer and pot...

did you check out the GLP forum Johnathan, you could knock ideas around there when your drunk or what ever and they wouldn't care less and then when you are sober post at this site with the ideas you had while drunk if they still seem like good ideas.

google GLP forums

although it has a bad reputation here it can be a good forum and there are some intelligent regulars there, it's fun at least.

I used to start to write raving letters to the paper about evolution and creationists when I was drunk but they seemed rubbish the next day.

indeed i was high that time and i also said that i have these ideas while im high...its the way you think while your high....your not a pot smoker so you wouldnt know.
    I'm not a pot smoker, but I've listened to them. All those ideas people have when they're high that they think are so brilliant? They're not. They're dumb.

"You can't erase icing."

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    I'm not a pot smoker, but I've listened to them. All those ideas people have when they're high that they think are so brilliant? They're not. They're dumb.
    Sort of like those brilliant ideas I get in the middle of the night when I'm half asleep. If I remember them when I wake up, they're uniformly ridiculous.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Sort of like those brilliant ideas I get in the middle of the night when I'm half asleep. If I remember them when I wake up, they're uniformly ridiculous.
    Hmm, my experience is a little different from this ... sure many such are trite, but few are ridiculous.

What I treasure are the few% that, upon further development, turn out to be really wonderful - clear, cut through the noise, identify the central issue, .. that sort of thing. For me, 'sleep on it' really does work, and surprisingly often.

Quote Originally Posted by Nereid View Post
    Hmm, my experience is a little different from this ... sure many such are trite, but few are ridiculous.

What I treasure are the few% that, upon further development, turn out to be really wonderful - clear, cut through the noise, identify the central issue, .. that sort of thing. For me, 'sleep on it' really does work, and surprisingly often.
    this is what i try to achieve through my acts...in time i may acomplish my goal...and until then....i will continue to strive for it.

aslo, frog march. thank you for your thoughts..i will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nereid View Post
    Originally Posted by Trebuchet

I am more like Nereid. I get some of my best ideas just before I fall asleep, or while I'm in the shower. And by best, I just don't me clever, I mean solving a problem for work. I've learned the hard way to get up and write them down, otherwise I usually don't remember them in the morning.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    I am more like Nereid. I get some of my best ideas just before I fall asleep, or while I'm in the shower. And by best, I just don't me clever, I mean solving a problem for work. I've learned the hard way to get up and write them down, otherwise I usually don't remember them in the morning.
    Yeah, this happens to me from time to time as well. I write them down not so much 'cause I'll forget them (I usually don't), but because I can't get my brain to SHUT UP ABOUT IT so I can get back to sleep again.

Every now and again, though, I get an idea that looks good on the surface but is absolutely baffling once I'm actually awake. Like the time I woke up at 4am after having had the most amazing dream: I'd figured out how to solve a major world problem! I was so proud of that as I woke up. My ex-so woke up as well, and we looked into each other's eyes. And with a smug look on my face, I blurted out the solution: "Tomato soup".

Then it was gone. The moment of enlightenment was gone, and she just cracked up at the look of disappointed bafflement on my face.

Yeah, this happens to me from time to time as well. I write them down not so much 'cause I'll forget them (I usually don't), but because I can't get my brain to SHUT UP ABOUT IT so I can get back to sleep again.

Every now and again, though, I get an idea that looks good on the surface but is absolutely baffling once I'm actually awake. Like the time I woke up at 4am after having had the most amazing dream: I'd figured out how to solve a major world problem! I was so proud of that as I woke up. My ex-so woke up as well, and we looked into each other's eyes. And with a smug look on my face, I blurted out the solution: "Tomato soup".

Then it was gone. The moment of enlightenment was gone, and she just cracked up at the look of disappointed bafflement on my face.
    lol...thats cool man.
    it reminds me of the time my mom was trying to wake me up for school and i told her to hold on because i was eating some biskets....i wasnt eating any biskets
    yes i know i spell biskets wrong but i dont know how to spell it the right way...
    is that normal? knowing you spelled a word wrong...but not knowing how to spell it right...

is that normal? knowing you spelled a word wrong...but not knowing how to spell it right...
    That's when people used to just stick the little "(sp?)" in, or these days, if they care about their readers, invoke their spell check program -- or even Google for "bisket".

Did you mean: biscuit
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    Skepticism enables us to distinguish fancy from fact, to test our speculations. --Carl Sagan

As far as thinking through something when half asleep, in the shower etc. Isaac Asimov had an idea about that. He told the story of getting stuck on a problem during his PHd thesis. He went out to the movies (one of the "Road" movies if I remember correctly) and came out of the movie with the solution. He thought that while concentrating on the problem, you were controlling your thoughts and you couldn't get your mind into the alternate paths required to solve the problem. Getting your concious mind off the problem, with light work, allowed the unconcious part to continue working on it, letting the mind go down those alternative pathways and getting to the solution. So sleep, the shower, movies (or in my case watching scenery go by while riding in a car) keeps the concious mind off the problem enough to let the unconcious part keep working on the problem, without conciously thinking about it. Newton and Einstein (along with several other scientists) got started on their largest ideas during a revery, where they weren't thinking about the problems and the ideas came to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post

"I just had this idea! Like...like, what if we're all...you know like what if the universe is like...you know, like a ball, kinda? Like we start here, and then just go and go till we get back were we started. You know?''