Thread: What to read first?

Post What to read first?

Hi! I joined on this forum this week.

Soz for asking, but I was hoping someone could point me to any particularly relevant posts that I should have a read of first, so I can get involved here?

Thanks! Mike

Relevant to what? Welcome to the boards.

mgladstonez, it really depends on what you are most interested in. Are you looking for anything specific?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Read the FAQ, pointer above.

Skim the sticky topics at the top of each subforum. When you find yourself reading "Rules For Posting To This Board", read carfully.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    Skepticism enables us to distinguish fancy from fact, to test our speculations. --Carl Sagan

Welcome, mgladstones. One thing you probably should read is the forum rules. A couple of minutes spent now may save you some nasty little surprises later. They're a little stricter than most places.

Other than that, any of my threads and posts are a must read. Scientific studies show any number of medical benefits can be had just from reading my posts as a regular daily five minute regimen. (He's lying.) These benefits may include (but might not be limited to, or even exist):

* An average gain of five IQ points. (That's Internet Quotient, not Intelligence Quotient)
    * Clearing up any acne you might have (On your toenails. All bets are off anywhere else.)
    * Improving your night vision an average of one full point. (No more walking into doors at night. Much.)
    * Eliminates unsightly hair (On your toenails. Again, all bets are off...)
    * Improving your memory (Though I forget how, exactly.)
    * Infinite understanding (Or at least help understanding infinity courtesy of that certain nameless thread.)
    * Repelling rogue elephants (Why, do you see any?)
    * Getting in shape. (Round's a shape, right?)
    * And Beck. (No idea, really.)

As you can see, reading my posts grants any number of useful benefits. (Zero's a perfectly legitimate number.)
    "Words that make questions may not be questions at all."
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson, answering loaded question in ten words or less
    at a 2010 talk MCed by Stephen Colbert.