Thread: Willie Nelson' Ice Cream

Willie Nelson' Ice Cream

I saw another thread about Willie

Apparantly, he and Steven Colbert have an Ice Cream flavour in America

Has anyone tried it? (Or noticed that I used the correct Canadian/British spelling of flavour?)

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by peter eldergill View Post

Has anyone tried it? (Or noticed that I used the correct Canadian/British spelling of flavour?)

Pete
    Gillian will.( maybe we can convert the rest to the proper spelling of things, only now could I spel correctly.)

(now duckin and covering in corner)
    Last edited by The Backroad Astronomer; 2007-Mar-22 at 04:25 AM. Reason: added something
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Haven't seen them in the market yet...
    Oops!
    March 20, 2007
    ...Willie Nelson's Country Peach Cobbler, which swirls peach ice cream with cinnamon sugar shortbread pieces...The company [Ben & Jerry's] is recalling roughly 250,000 pints of the new flavor because containers packed on January 23-24 and February 8-9 failed to list wheat as an ingredient, making it dangerous for those with a wheat allergy... bloggingstocks

Wink

Pete
    To which i would add, also Australian spelling

one night a lady calls in and says somebobody spelled the address on my reservation wrong they have harbour on it and she goes it should be harbor, I bit tongue and did no inform that is haw most english speaking countries spell it.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Pete
    But not the correct American spelling.

Yes, I notice whether someone is using British or American spelling. It is a way to gauge a person's "accent." Though you sometimes have people like Gillian, using American punctuation and British spelling. Heh.

I don't have a clue about the ice cream, though.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I like the way those words look with the "u" in them, okay?

I haven't tried either. For one, I don't like peaches. For another, I just got my benefits for the month cleared by my social worker today, and my money won't clear until maybe Friday. But at least I can buy food tomorrow, and I'll try the Colbert.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Thank goodness it's peach flavoured. When I look at Willie Nelson I do not think, "Gee, I want to go out and eat an ice-cream that tastes just like him!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Brak View Post
    Thank goodness it's peach flavoured. When I look at Willie Nelson I do not think, "Gee, I want to go out and eat an ice-cream that tastes just like him!"
    What's wrong with old-fashioned, spicy and flavorful?

Don't mess with Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by sarongsong View Post
    Haven't seen them in the market yet...
    Oops!
    I see they mispelled Nelsone and creme, or is it creame?

It's Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream.

I have two problems with all this.

1. While I also like the look of the "u" in flavour, I don't think a British spelling should be used in a sentence referencing an American topic.

2. How could Willie go with a Yankee creamery instead of that Li'l Ol' Creamery in Brenham? This is akin to heresy.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    2. How could Willie go with a Yankee creamery instead of that Li'l Ol' Creamery in Brenham? This is akin to heresy.
    $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Their website says it is only sold in "Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia." I don't think I've ever seen it here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidlpf View Post
    one night a lady calls in and says somebobody spelled the address on my reservation wrong they have harbour on it and she goes it should be harbor, I bit tongue and did no inform that is haw most english speaking countries spell it.
    I live in Harbour Royale Condominium in Indian Harbour Beach, Florida. and have been told I misspelled
    my address. In addition we share a zip code with another town and I have been told I don't know where I live.
    BTW: There is no harbor (or harbour) although Indians did live here. Actually, we do have a significant Indian population, but the have names like Ranjneesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    I like the way those words look with the "u" in them, okay?
    Heh. I had a professor get strict on the US use of commas/periods and parentheses, where the Canadian handbooks basically say "The Americans do this, the British do that. Pick one, stick with it, and it's all good."

I could have fought it, I suppose, but meh. It wasn't worth doing. (For the record, I tend to the British usage. It's more logical and meshes well with programming linguistics.)

The ice cream sounds interesting, but I'm also not a peach fan. (I'm also moving soon, so the less perishable/frozen stuff I have right now, the better.)
    "Words that make questions may not be questions at all."
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson, answering loaded question in ten words or less
    at a 2010 talk MCed by Stephen Colbert.

When I saw the thread title I first thought that this Ice Cream would have to contain "BROWNIES" with Willy's favorite ingredient!