Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is a joke right

Yep, that's why we always say STAY AWAY FROM GODLIKE!

Well get a telescope and find Mercury. It's there.

This is a joke right
    Dude, you have answered your own question.

*falls on the floor in exasperation...*

Do you REALLY have to ask that question?

Come ON!!!

I'm waiting for them to say the Sun has spun out of the solar system and Planet X has replaced it.

LMAO! That's a good 'un! Some people over there are even taking it seriously from what I read! I'm sorry skywatcher, but try not to bring that trash over here: you'll earn a bad reputation.

Black dot on sun

check out this live cam

http://www.stephenville.com/weather.asp

OMG, run for the hills, PX is a commin!!!

Yes..there's a black dot in the middle of the sun..Don't panic over everything you see,really. I used to and still am somewhat like that and it's really not good at all.

I don't know what it is, but wouldn't the light from the sun blot out anything in front of it? It is painfully fake, you must see that.

STOP POSTING GARBAGE!

It's gone now. Maybe just a reflection or something with the camera.

Skywatcher, the Stephenville Weather Webcam, being a realtime webcam, changes. So whatever it was you wanted us to look at is long gone, and your posting the link to it was totally pointless.

It was the sun with a black dot in the middle. Total bunk.

"Oh sh*t look now PX Live!!"

Come on Skywatcher..!!

Oh yes, and you probably heard about the recent SOHO images,it looks like SOHO lost track and the pictures got all messed up. Well, look at this from soho's site.

"June 4, 2003
    There will be a 2 degree offpointing maneuver today."

Obviously,that was the cause. No PX

skywatcher, PLEASE learn to identify lens flares and image artifacts.

SKYWATCHER:
    Really, you have got to stop posting this crap!!! You need to stop going to Godlike.....but if you still continue with this nonsense, Please don't bring it here!!! How many times do countless people have to tell you? I think that your hanging on to some kind of hope that this may be real..... :roll:

I love this:

My guess is a sunspot
    That is possibly the STUPIDEST thing tha I have EVER heard. And I have heard some pretty stupid things...

That's a awfully big sunspot.

Agreed. It can only be - wait for it - an ION BOBBLE!

For such an obvious feature of the day and night sky, you'd think a more credible assembly of people than the ones at Godlike would notice a 'second sun.' They said Neptune was destroyed, the sun would kill us all on May 31, and that PX might be out there - all grade-A nonsense. Your first mistake is confusing them for a source worth listening to. Rational thought is checked at the door at that place. Think of them as the National Inquirer of astronomy.

It's funny how everyone who sees Planet X was already looking for it, and already knew that it's supposed to kill off 90% of the population. How convenient! You don't see a whole lot of common people pointing up at the sky and wondering what that giant ball next to the sun is. I wonder what the reasoning behind that is...oh yes, THERE'S NOTHING THERE.

Quote Originally Posted by purplekitten
    *falls on the floor in exasperation...*
    *Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. Falls on the floor in exasperation... Gets back up. *

I remain convinced that mankind has a much better chance than some half baked brown dwarf at killing off 90% of the worlds population.

Quote Originally Posted by There Is No Spoon
    Godlike ... Think of them as the National Inquirer of astronomy.
    The National Inquireer just called. They are highly insulted and demand a retraction of that statement!

Look Skywatcher!!! Mercury is not knocked out of orbit... It actually has CRASHED INTO THE SUN!!!*

Puh-leeese.

C.

*. No it didn't

Re: Sorry here are active ones

Quote Originally Posted by skywatcher
    OTIS WEATHER CAM SUNSET IMAGE Stephenville, Tx
    IMAGE:
    http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/otiscam.jpg
    NEW UPDATE: http://www.chipman.org/starhoax/otis2.jpg
    UFO Sited: http://www.chipman.org/starhoax/UFO_RSS.jpg

WolfKC... You are so funny *hugs* You always cheer me up with your pictures

JPS72 Wrote

I remain convinced that mankind has a much better chance than some half baked brown dwarf at killing off 90% of the worlds population
    Unfortunatley you probably arent far from the truth...

Re: Sorry here are active ones

Quote Originally Posted by WolfKC
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatcher
    OTIS WEATHER CAM SUNSET IMAGE Stephenville, Tx
    IMAGE:
    http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/otiscam.jpg
    NEW UPDATE: http://www.chipman.org/starhoax/otis2.jpg
    UFO Sited: http://www.chipman.org/starhoax/UFO_RSS.jpg
    I love the balls in the sky one. The other one reminds me of Jiffy Pop.

The Godlike chat about Mercury dissappearing and the camera defect spot on the Sun are too much. Do you think it would dawn on some of those folks to go outside and look up? Or do they think you can only see this GIANT BLACK SPOT in the middle of the Sun from the web cam site?

I'm sure the guy with the JPL story was laughing, but I wonder if the other guy was really freaked out about the spot? It must be a hard life if you fear the Universe &/or solar system are that unstable.

I laughed out loud at that thread on Godlike (like I do with mosts of the posts there). One question I have is this: If Mercury was to have actually been destroyed would it affect Earth? I think yes, but I am not sure.