Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Most creative space military tactic

Quote Originally Posted by jokergirl View Post
    If we're talking artistic, The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress.
    Nothing more fun than telling your enemies where not to go and watch them flock to the place...

That's culture-dependent. It only works with enemies who had not been seriously hurt in a long time. Also, it was not Manny and Co.'s intent -- they really wanted to minimize civilian casualties.

I'm going to go in a slightly different direction here, and consider some more mundane space military tactics that are nevertheless quite creative (IMHO):

How about, for example, launching a missile from an aircraft to strike a satellite?

Or how about a network of communication satellites that can provide accurate and precise position information to military forces, including ships at sea, planes in the air, tank targeting systems, and missile guidance systems?

These both seem pretty creative to me

I like thunder rods better--or space-based lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by mike alexander View Post
    John Amalfi was a good tactician in that he usually got others to do his fighting for him.
    Having just seen this thread for the first time, those books were the first thing I thought of. Glad that I'm not the only one to have read them. Not known physics of course, but still.. kudos for using cities and planets as weapons

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Now that I think about it, Bliss Waggoner in They Shall Have Stars was also a great tactician, as well as a great strategist.