Thread: Axis shift

Axis shift

www.divulgence.net decalres that the Earth's axis shifted 26 degrees around Dec 4-6 last year. This puts the tropic of Cancer thru Maine and the Dacotas.
    The Goverment is keeping it quiet 'to avoid panic. ( and how many times have we heard that?). Wouldn't sombody (amature astronomers, in particular) have noticed? The tilt, they say is caused by the melting of the ice caps. It will conyinue until the axis is on the ecliptic. I doubt the Earth would be habital under the circumstances.
    I think this is VERY bad astronomy.
    Lyle G

It looks like a prank by a child with nothing better to do.

If the polar axis had tipped that much, I would have seen it in changes in the positions of the Sun and the stars right away, even if I did not feel the motion.

Just go out and find the North Star...It's still where it's been since the day where you born (I did that). This is such **...The government isn't "hiding" anything....Get a real life

Funny - you'd think all of the people north of 40.5 northern latitude would have noticed when the sun didn't come up between december 6 and a few months later...

I appreciate your enthusiasm for outing Bad Science, Lyle G, but you might want to visit the AboutBAUT subforum and read up on the forum rules and guidelines. The ATM forum is for presenting an idea for defense - and it appears you see the Bad Science as much as anyone

To prevent possible (however unlikely) misunderstanding (and subsequent attacks), I'm going to move this thread.

Welcome aboard, Lyle!

Quote Originally Posted by .Lyle G View Post
    www.divulgence.net decalres that the Earth's axis shifted 26 degrees around Dec 4-6 last year. This puts the tropic of Cancer thru Maine and the Dacotas.
    The Goverment is keeping it quiet 'to avoid panic.
    That's another part that's pretty funny. Why would people panic? Most people wouldn't even understand what you were talking about. Tropic of Cancer? What, is that a warm place where people get a lot of cancer?
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by cjl View Post
    Funny - you'd think all of the people north of 40.5 northern latitude would have noticed when the sun didn't come up between december 6 and a few months later...
    True, I would have noticed.

But the government would have understood that, of course. So they launched a big light into orbit that goes around precisely where the sun should have been. And have put up a big black curtain to hide where the real sun is! Sneaky, those government people!
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    But the government would have understood that, of course. So they launched a big light into orbit that goes around precisely where the sun should have been. And have put up a big black curtain to hide where the real sun is! Sneaky, those government people!
    Over in GLP land there were people who actually seemed to believe that alien space ships were being used to fake the stars in their correct position.

(I think it may have been a Nancy Lieder [Zeta] thing, but I'm not sure.)
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.
    Why is a frog too?

This puts the tropic of Cancer thru Maine and the Dacotas.
    Uh... that's Dakotas.

(I think it may have been a Nancy Lieder [Zeta] thing, but I'm not sure.)
    No, they think that standing on the Tropic of Cancer will give you cancer.
    The greatest journey of all time, for all to see
    Every mission makes our dreams reality
    And our destiny begins with you and me
    Through all space and time, the achievement of mankind
    As we sail the sea of discovery, on heroes’ wings we fly!