Thread: Reviews by Michael Shermer, James Randi a.o. (at amazon.co.u

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...343537-5537461

"Reviews

Stephen Maran, Author of Astronomy for Dummies and editor of The Astronomy and Astrophysics Encyclopedia

"Bad Astronomy is just plain good! Philip Plait clears up every misconception on astronomy and space you never knew you suffered from."

Dr. Michael Shermer, Publisher of Skeptic magazine, monthly columnist for Scientific American, and author of The Borderlands of Science

"Thank the cosmos for the bundle of star stuff named Philip Plait, who is the world's leading consumer advocate for quality science in space and on Earth. This important contribution to science will rest firmly on my reference library shelf, ready for easy access the next time an astrologer calls."

James "The Amazing" Randi, President, James Randi Educational Foundation, and author of An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural

"Philip Plait has given us a readable, erudite, informative, useful, and entertaining book. Bad Astronomy is Good Science. Very good science . . ."

Mike Mullane, Space Shuttle astronaut and author of Do Your Ears Pop in Space?

"Bad Astronomy is a fun read. Plait is wonderfully witty and educational as he debunks the myths, legends, and 'conspiracies' that abound in our society. 'The Truth Is Out There'-and it's in this book. I loved it!" "

"Magnificent Desolation"

Those aren't so much reviews as they are blurbs; they are the quotations we put on the back cover of the book. [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

On 2002-03-03 19:19, The Bad Astronomer wrote:
    Those aren't so much reviews as they are blurbs; they are the quotations we put on the back cover of the book. [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Point taken ! It´s like Neil Armstrong´s "Even space experts can learn from this entertaining collection of the facts behind the facts" on the cover of Mike Mullane´s "Do Your Ears Pop In Space ?"

"Magnificent Desolation"

While I was picking up BA's book today, I noticed there was a new Skeptic magazine out. BA, James Randi says some really really nice things about you and your book.
    Lisa