Thread: Coast 2 Coast

Coast 2 Coast

Hi everyone. I wasnt sure were to put this question...

I just got my hands on a couple of C2C from back in -04, were George Noory talked to Richard C Hoagland. RCH was complaining about our very own Phil Plait, and that he wanted to debate him as soon as possible. I also heard Stanton Friedman VS Seth Shostac.

My question is, were can I get my hands on more debates like those on C2C...science vs pseudoscience??

We dont get those shows in Europe were I live.

RCH is a quack.
    Don't waste your time.

Plait wont debate him because it is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilEye View Post
    RCH is a quack.
    Don't waste your time.

Plait wont debate him because it is pointless.

Yes I know.

Still, I enjoy listening to all these woo woos and their weird conspiracy, coverup, fantasy, illuminati, UFO, religious fanatics.

Is there a site to download things like this from??

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Is there a site to download things like this from??
    I haven't heard of any organization that conducts regular science-vs.-antiscience debates, nor Web places where such are archived. Anyone?

Otherwise, I think the hunt is up to you. It's probably out there, just scattered around.

Coast to Coast AM does the odd one on occasion, so keep browsing there. Check guest Michael Shermer if you haven't discovered him already. One marathon show was: The Skeptic's Cage.

Just a quick Google session with skeptical debate, yields the irregular, such as Skeptic Podcasts, Skepticality 2007 Episodes:

Also, Derek & Swoopy release the full length video from Dragon*Con’s “Skeptic Smackdown” debate, featuring skeptics Michael Shermer and Alison Smith, and paranormal proponents Patrick Burns and Graham Watkins. (download 34MB MP3)
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    Skepticism enables us to distinguish fancy from fact, to test our speculations. --Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by 01101001 View Post
    I haven't heard of any organization that conducts regular science-vs.-antiscience debates, nor Web places where such are archived. Anyone?

Otherwise, I think the hunt is up to you. It's probably out there, just scattered around.

Coast to Coast AM does the odd one on occasion, so keep browsing there. Check guest Michael Shermer if you haven't discovered him already. One marathon show was: The Skeptic's Cage.

Just a quick Google session with skeptical debate, yields the irregular, such as Skeptic Podcasts, Skepticality 2007 Episodes:

I have that C2C episode on CD. It really was great listening to the "experts" sweat and try to defend themseleves.

I have a subscription to the podcasts, but I only bother to download them when they have REAL scientists on. Plait, Greene, Kaku etc...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 01101001 View Post

I just heard the Michael Shermer debate on C2C that you recomended. Thanks alot 01.
    Last edited by Hazzard; 2007-Nov-11 at 12:12 PM.