Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Updating my Zombie Plan. So what's yours?

Updating my Zombie Plan. So what's yours?

I moved into my new house early last year. Between the renovations, the day-to-day chores, the cats and the full time job, I'd been putting off a major chore. It's high time for me to update my Zombie Plan. The difficulty: my situation has changed enough that I have to restart mine from scratch.

Guys will already know what I'm talking about. For the ladies among us, a Zombie Plan is your own personal plan on how you would survive if Night of the Living Dead style zombies suddenly took over the world and start hunting down the last pockets of living survivors for their brains.

Zombie Plans are important to have for what should be obvious reasons.

---

I'm thinking my "bunker of last resort" is likely to center around my workshop/coldroom as an emergency bunker, cement walls on all sides (except the door). Same with the stairwell/ceiling and floor. As the door faces out perpendicular to my staircase, there's limited opportunities for zombies to bunch up and ram my door down. If I can find a way to secure the door.
    "Words that make questions may not be questions at all."
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson, answering loaded question in ten words or less
    at a 2010 talk MCed by Stephen Colbert.

As with many other plans (nuclear disaster, tsunamis, red dawn, etc), it's pack up the car and head for the hills.

Or try installing one of these in your house.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...8872;topicseen

Here's the sign

The traditional way to deanimate Zombies in Voodoo tradition was to sew salt into their mouths. A shotgun full of rock salt combines the best of the old and the new ways.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I'm thinking my "bunker of last resort" is likely to center around my workshop/coldroom as an emergency bunker, cement walls on all sides (except the door). Same with the stairwell/ceiling and floor. As the door faces out perpendicular to my staircase, there's limited opportunities for zombies to bunch up and ram my door down. If I can find a way to secure the door.
    Burt Gummer thought that was a good idea too, until a giant graboid bashed through the wall. Luckily he and Reba McEntire had enough firepower to handle it.

my plan is to get some weapons, some gear to hold back their teeth (thick jackets, long johns, etc.), and a vespa/truck/beetle of some sort! should be a lot of fun!

I'm not telling you my Zombie Plan in case you retain that information when you are yourself turned. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by One Skunk Todd View Post
    Burt Gummer thought that was a good idea too, until a giant graboid bashed through the wall. Luckily he and Reba McEntire had enough firepower to handle it.
    Giant graboids are another plan for another day. Right now, I'm satisfied with preparing for masses of ordinary zombies.

Now that I do have a workshop, I'm seriously considering converting my old toolbox into a "emergency zombie and computer-repair kit"*, beginning with stenciling an appropriate label. Which, I think, will be similar to the image TRS brought to the party.

* If the zombie invasion starts in my area, I may have to take drastic measures to keep my PC running for BAUT access and gaming. Priorities, People!

My Zombie plan is to great an army of zombies what will do my bidding....

What about zombie threads (they eat brains too!). How do we kill those off?
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by rigel View Post
    As with many other plans (nuclear disaster, tsunamis, red dawn, etc), it's pack up the car and head for the hills.
    Come on, let's stick with likely scenarios.

I shall stock up on loads of antibiotics on the off-chance that the bites are not final. After all, nobody seems to have tried this.

Actually we cannot have a Dawn of the Dead style zombie attack. They only occur in parallel worlds that do not have zombie films.

Incidentally, zombie fans might be interested in the book World War Z, which is being filmed at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Beardsley View Post
    I shall stock up on loads of antibiotics on the off-chance that the bites are not final. After all, nobody seems to have tried this.
    Wouldn't work, I'm afraid. according to the seminal work in the field, The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks, zombism is caused by a virus, not a bacterium.

Bottlenecks are good...provided it doesn't blowback on you. Also make sure everyone's hair is cut close!

My cousin just bought a split-level house with lots of windows and sliding glass doors on the lower level...which rests even on the gorund out back. My first issue was to point out their poor defensive situation in the event of a zombapocalypse. They looked at me like I had three heads.

Keep in mind, though, that, as Romero has tried to tell us again and again, your biggest threat probably won't be ghouls, but other survivors. Particularly redneck posses!

Funny, the first thing that popped to mind was the facebook zombie game thing, in which case my plan is to be a slayer, with a bunch of other slayers for back up. There's a few pesky zombies there, one of them an old friend of mine who keeps attacking me with her zombie, and other stuff. Another of my dark little secrets surfaces! (The having a facebook account secret)

There are some antivirals that might be tried, like amantidine. Or maybe vitamin C. Perhaps we could throw oranges at them (limes in the UK).

But if zombification is caused by a virus, it behooves us to work on a vaccine. It could be one of those multiple innoculations, MMZ (measles-mumps-zombification).

Quote Originally Posted by mike alexander View Post
    But if zombification is caused by a virus, it behooves us to work on a vaccine. It could be one of those multiple innoculations, MMZ (measles-mumps-zombification).
    I'd love to see those "concerned mothers" start whining about Autism from the zombification vaccine while they're having their brains sautéed by what used to be their neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by One Skunk Todd View Post
    He fixed that by surrounding his house with an underground cement wall. Unfortunately, the ummm, flying version still got in.

Our current apartment is only accessible by a private stairwell. So as they're making their way up the stairs, I can fire down on them. Unfortunately, there are three other apartments on my floor with only drywall separating us. So it's not a very defensible position, especially as it lacks an escape route. Plus I can't rely on some other resident not pulling something stupid and catching the building on fire.

I have all-purpose supernatural crisis caches hidden in my house and the surrounding area. A tipical sample:
    One week's emergency rations.
    Compass and maps of escape routes.
    Binoculars (See 'em before they see you).
    My trusty katanas.
    Gasoline bombs.
    Salt.
    Holy Water.
    Regular water. (In case of Witches of the West)
    Silver knives.
    Crosses.
    Book of magic spells.
    Wooden stakes.
    Matches.
    Universal Translator.

That covers vampires, werwolves, zombies, witches, mummies and most alien invaders.
    What is the weakness of Pod People, again?
    The greatest journey of all time, for all to see
    Every mission makes our dreams reality
    And our destiny begins with you and me
    Through all space and time, the achievement of mankind
    As we sail the sea of discovery, on heroes’ wings we fly!

Pod people: just pull out the earplugs and they stop dancing.

I'd love to see those "concerned mothers" start whining about Autism from the zombification vaccine while they're having their brains sautéed by what used to be their neighbors.
    They can start with Jenny McCarthy, whom I saw on CNN this weekend.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    They can start with Jenny McCarthy, whom I saw on CNN this weekend.
    I had her specifically in mind, now that you mention it. She's been making an ignorant nuisance of herself on the talk-show circuit lately.

I imagine nobody in this forum is truly in the informed position to lecture credibly on those vaccination issues let alone make a personal jab at people who may be concerned about the mercury in vaccinations.

Every so often, people here come down with a case of the "George Plimpton"s. Aside from pathological pedantry, it's one of the worst traits on display around here.

Every so often, people here come down with a case of the "George Plimpton"s. Aside from pathological pedantry, it's one of the worst traits on display around here.
    All that I know about George Plimpton is that he wrote an awesome biography of Ernest Shackleton, and that's probably not what you meant.
    What did you mean?
    And what is the weakness of Pod People?
    The greatest journey of all time, for all to see
    Every mission makes our dreams reality
    And our destiny begins with you and me
    Through all space and time, the achievement of mankind
    As we sail the sea of discovery, on heroes’ wings we fly!

24. 2007-Nov-13, 05:10 AM

...my Zombie Plan. So what's yours?
    Camouflage!
    Every so often a simple relaxing drink comes along with an equally carefree name. The Zombie is not one...a postmortem in a glass...if you are going to hell in a handbasket, the handle should be well made.
    INGREDIENTS...
    chow
    Bottoms up!

I imagine nobody in this forum is truly in the informed position to lecture credibly on those vaccination issues let alone make a personal jab at people who may be concerned about the mercury in vaccinations.
    I am! Just let me get my lecture notes in order...

Let's see:

1. Vaccinations - good
    2. Mercury - bad
    3. Little or no mercury in modern vaccinations - So vaccinations still good.

While it's a good idea to minimize exposure to mercury, the levels that used to be found in typical vaccinations don't appear to pose a threat unless people are also exposed to other significant sources of mercury. There also doesn't appear to be a correlation between vaccination and autism incidence.

Re: Updating my Zombie Plan. So what's yours?

I'd get out my Hallowe'en costume of a few years ago and join 'em.

As a last resort, these sounds would probably drive them away.

BTW, not all brain-eating monsters are zombies:

My zombie plan: to walk around going "gghhaaaa rggghaa".

eta: ie. business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by soylentgreen View Post
    Stephen Barrett, M.D. does.

[...] there is no sensible reason to believe that any vaccine can cause autism or any kind of behavioral disorder.
    There are no proven data to suggest that measles vaccine will increase the risk of developing autism or any other behavioral disorder [28]. The known benefits vastly exceed any unknown risks. The CDC continues to recommend two doses of MMR vaccine for all children who do not have a known medical contraindication; the first dose is recommended at 12-15 months of age and the second dose is recommended at either 4-6 years of age or at 11-12 years of age [30,31].

To assure the safety of vaccines, the CDC, the FDA, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and other federal agencies routinely examine any new evidence that would suggest possible problems with the safety of vaccines. Currently, CDC is conducting a study in the metropolitan Atlanta area to further evaluate any possible association between MMR vaccination and autism.

Immunization against measles has led to a dramatic decrease in the incidence of measles, which is sometimes fatal. I believe that the manner in which CNN covered this issue was extremely irresponsible and will result in the death of children whose parents are scared out of having their children receive it.
    Dr. Steve Novella, M.D., a neurologist, and host of the Skeptics Guide to the Universe podcast has a lot to say about it too. Short paraphrased answer from a recent podcast: there's no evidence whatsoever that links the measles vaccine with autism, and Jenny McCarthy is doing tremendous harm by going off the way she is.

In any case, this thread isn't about Jenny McCarthy's autistic kid. There are other threads more suitable for that discussion. So I hope you're not planning on hijacking this one outright.

If you would like to discuss the zombification vaccine, which contains no mercury whatsoever, feel free.

If you would like to discuss the zombification vaccine, which contains no mercury whatsoever, feel free.
    My invisible elf reportedly took the anti-zombie vaccine and, as far as anyone can tell (which is admittedly difficult) is doing well.

As for anti-zombie tactics: Back during the cold war I had a plan to head out to an abandoned mine I knew about that had water. I kept a few things in the trunk of the car for supplies. Realistically, there were big holes in the plan, and I primarily intended it as a fallout shelter, but I can see where it might have been a good anti-zombie base, as long as the zombies weren't too smart. It was out of the city and not to obvious. It probably could be used even today.

By the way, has anyone seen this webcomic?

http://lastblood.net/

Very nasty, with vampires protecting a very few surviving humans from very smart zombies.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

By the way, has anyone seen this webcomic?
    There are still comic made in the English speaking world? So hard not to read it backwards like Japanese comics...