Thread: The seven movies I watrched on airplane

The seven movies I watrched on airplane

This has to be a long trip (back and forth)
    Jackie Brown: Fairly famous, but I'm not too sure if it deserves all the good reviews?
    Being John Malkovich: Interesting premise and shocking results; even though the people "inside" cannot do anything, but this will definitely compromising privacy.
    How to Steal a Million: Without Audrey Hepburn, this movie isn't that worthwhile (the plot would be considered silly today), but still entertaining.
    The Lego Movie: It's a kid movie, but it contains quite a bit of messages.
    Amelie: A little confusing but still interesting
    Robocop 2014: I heard it is less gory than the old one, but living with only the brain, the upper torso, and a hand is still shocking.
    Personal Tailor: It is a Chinese (Mandarin) movie, but most of humours are for the Chinese audiences.
    I just chose a few movies that I wanted to watch but cannot in everyday circumstance.

What do people think of these movies (or the movies on airplane in general?)

I recently saw The Lego Movie on an airplane. I thought it was cute. It was certainly worth the $0 extra (above the airfare) that I paid for it, but it wasn't worth the $1800 airfare to just see the movie.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Just so it's not so bad you walk out.

Quote Originally Posted by DonM435
    Just so it's not so bad you walk out.
    OK, Bridget Jone's Diary is considered a classic; I watched a little and quit.

Being John Malcovich is the only one that I have seen from the above list. I've watched it twice, once about ten years ago, and again last year.

There aren't many movies that reference the Cartesian theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Inclusa View Post
    But you didn't exit the airplane, right?

Glom is offline Insert awesome title here
    On the plane the other day, I watched The Grand Budapest Hotel. I really liked it. But I think Wes Anderson has OCD. Every shot has an orthogonality to it.

Right at the beginning there was the classic camera tracking a character doing a casual March. That was every shot in Moonrise Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Inclusa View Post
    A classic of its type. If you don't like they type, you ain't gonna like the classic.
    My wife is very keen on watching stuff that has won awards, irrespective of the film content. But award-winning examples of stuff you hate just provide you with an award-winning bad experience.

Grant Hutchison

Quote Originally Posted by Glom View Post
    On the plane the other day, I watched The Grand Budapest Hotel. I really liked it. But I think Wes Anderson has OCD. Every shot has an orthogonality to it.

Right at the beginning there was the classic camera tracking a character doing a casual March. That was every shot in Moonrise Kingdom.
    I saw it on my last airplane ride too. I liked it and I like Wes Anderson, but I think I liked some of his other ones better (including Moonrise Kingdom).

But there is definitely a "Wes Anderson" style.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift
    I saw it on my last airplane ride too. I liked it and I like Wes Anderson, but I think I liked some of his other ones better (including Moonrise Kingdom).

But there is definitely a "Wes Anderson" style.
    Since I don't watch movies usually, I often just watch the so-called "famous" ones on the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Glom View Post
    On the plane the other day, I watched The Grand Budapest Hotel
    On the plane last week, I didn't watch the Grand Budapest Hotel.

Not knowing anything about it, that intro and its strange look threw me off.

At least I got 2 whole cans of soda on the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher
    On the plane last week, I didn't watch the Grand Budapest Hotel.

Not knowing anything about it, that intro and its strange look threw me off.

At least I got 2 whole cans of soda on the trip.
    I only watch movies that I have heard about.