Thread: Chrome Browser

Angry Chrome Browser

Hello.

I CAN NOT BELIEVE I HAVE NOT ASKED THIS QUESTION EARLIER.

Can someone tell me when I see "Chrome Browser" is

"NOT RESPONDING" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the problem?
    Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorn View Post
    Hello.

What is the problem?
    Thx.
    When programs crash without closing, Windows tells you they're "not responding". So the problem is something that made Chrome Browser crash - could be any of a large number of things.
    Sometimes the problem resolves itself, if you wait for a while - it turns out the program was busy doing some complicated task that it eventually manages to stumble out of.
    If it doesn't resolve itself, you can open Task Manager (using Ctrl-Alt-Del) and force it to shut down. You may or may not lose whatever work you were doing at the time.

Grant Hutchison

The real problem is Chrome Browser. That is the last browser I would install on any of my machines. I had an associate some years ago that had an issue with attaching a file to an email. None of us could determine why it would not attach, so we repaired, no luck and then the fun started when we attempted to install another browser. No matter what we did we could install another browser and then attempted to uninstall Chrome(we couldn't do it). After many hours and many attempts the combination of various attempts succeeded in ridding that machine of Chrome. I vowed that day to never install Chrome, but that is my opinion, I know several will defend it to the max, but there have been oter issues with other software tha has cropped up on boards such as this, and I'm thankful it was never installed.

If you happen to have a Chromebook and it hangs, you can press Search+Esc to get the task manager up. The old shortcut was Shift+Esc. For some reason this still works, but also pops up a window that declares that the shortcut was changed and you should press Search+Esc. Not sure how I feel about that because it's all so circular.
    Solfe

Hello.

What is the problem?
    Thx.
    Is anyone actually working on fixing or upgrading Chrome to the point to where people will not have these issues with it?
    It seems like there is not...because I have always had 'issues' with it at some time or another.
    The internet has been around a long time. To still have this 'crashing' problem is not great.
    I have heard some people mention also, there could be problems with 'extensions' and potential corruptions.
    The should be a way for people to find there own solutions ( or to download a software patch) that would fix such things.

Is anyone actually working on fixing or upgrading Chrome to the point to where people will not have these issues with it?
    It seems like there is not...because I have always had 'issues' with it at some time or another.
    The internet has been around a long time. To still have this 'crashing' problem is not great.
    I have heard some people mention also, there could be problems with 'extensions' and potential corruptions.
    The should be a way for people to find there own solutions ( or to download a software patch) that would fix such things.
    You/we don't know that this is Chrome-specific.

For all we know, his OS is misbehaving, not Chrome, and it might have tripped over any other running application instead.

Have you confirmed that this is a widespread problem with the browser rather than just a problem on your machine? It isn't an issue on my system and I've been running Chrome for years. What have you done to eliminate your hardware and/or OS installation as a cause?

Rephrasing for comparison: The Interstate Highway System has been around a long time. To still have this problem with cars breaking down is not great.

The Internet having been around for a long time doesn't have much at all to do with whether a company puts out a good application or not. Just like the age of highways doesn't make a car good or bad.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. ó Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

I have narrowed it down to where it seems to be the "extensions" to chrome..not chrome that is causing the problem.

Also, I got a sense that somehow the internet browser cache (chrome) would fill up too much or not allow
    webpages to do there thing using the cache. Ther're supposed to use it for various reasons...and that's where the extensions
    come in. But I have not always used extensions and I seem to remember still having the 'not responding thing'.

Not having problems with your machine? I wonder if the 'cache' capacity is different or you might have different extensions?
    By extensions I mean 'ad blocker' and a 'ghostery' ext I've had recently.
    And...so somebody developed chrome...than sold it to everybody...now there gone and done with it. And or good luck with your future history with it?
    If that might be the attitude about things...well...?
    Last edited by Gorn; 2019-Nov-10 at 07:33 AM. Reason: spelin

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    I switched to Chrome for both windows and mac machines and it has worked better than previous browsers so far. But does it deal with the Karma of posting about it?
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

I get "not responding" notices with MSIE v11 and Excel and Word 2016. They usually start working again on their own but sometimes I close and reopen.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

You might want to ditch one or the other as an ad blocker. I find Ghostery has fewer issues than any of the adblock variants but is far from perfect. Ghostery can cause unexpected things to happen, like you can't log in on a random site. Privacy Badger from Electronic Frontier Foundation is about the same as Ghostery but is more likely to gum up a website completely. It won't load.

Adblock is a good shield, Ghostery is napalm and Badger is a small asteroid dropped from orbit. Having said that, I trust Ghostery and Badger to do as they say, while Adblock has a shifting policy and a generic name so you might not even find the right extension. It also might not work as you expect or will suddenly will change behavior based on policy changes. All three cause a noticeable slow down and a few websites still have videos that autoplay despite my best efforts to block them.

Strangely, I have some ads on my website that are not blocked by anything. I am sort at a lost to explain that, because they are straight up HTML ads. Nothing should be easier to block. They are not particularly egregious, so I continue to use them. No one but a diehard D&D player would click them, so I figure 70-90% of the general public won't click them. (My target audience is diehard D&D players...)
    Solfe

Thanks for the response.

Thanks for the response.
    I might be negligent sometimes with getting around to replying to things
    I might post...but don't take it negatively.