Thread: John Lear appearance on Dynamic Duo

John Lear appearance on Dynamic Duo

John Lear appeared on Dynamic Duo gcn prog. on 7-3-08, making fantastic claims, please debunk:

1. NASA has an astronaut corp of thousands ready to assist the dept. of defense (in what I have no idea, but I think he means for covert ops. on earth/moon) (he's probably watched "Moonraker" too many times)

2. WTCs were irradiated on 911 by weapons from space (my reaction is, with what energy source?)

3. A nuclear power plant exists in Aristarchus crater on moon, as evidenced by "Cerenkov radiation" coming from a spot in the photo of moon he's posted at (? his website)

4. Buzz Aldrin is a bad guy and rest of Apollo astronauts are living a life of a lie imposed on them by the military (for instance, he thinks Neil Armstrong has been mysteriously quiet over the decades).

5. 4 astronauts were burned in the Apollo 1 fire and the purpose was to keep Gus Grissom quiet after he made noises that he wouldn't go along with the "faked moon landings" . National security people carried out this op. and after it was done, NASA moved back in.

6. von Braun's team made trips to Antarctica to retrieve secondary moon rocks
    Last edited by HypothesisTesting; 2008-Jul-16 at 05:04 PM.

Personally I think this belongs in the conspiracy forum more than here, but that's just me

4 astronauts were burned in the Apollo 1 fire and the purpose was to keep Gus Grissom quiet after he made noises that he wouldn't go along with the "faked moon landings" . National security people carried out this op. and after it was done, NASA moved back in.
    Pretty sick claim. Who was the 4th astronaut? How were they able to cram him into the Block I apollo capsule? Grissom was critical of a lot of things about NASA but there is absolutely no evidence that he thought the landings were going to be faked. His widowed wife would have been screaming about that if it had any truth - she never feared going up against NASA and fought hard to regain possession of Gus' space suit after NASA took over the space hall of fame in 2002.
    von Braun's team made trips to Antarctica to retrieve secondary moon rocks
    The moon rocks from apollo show no sign of atmospheric heating and so are inconsistent with "secondary moon rocks." The total amount of "secondary moon rocks" recovered to date is about 40kg - that's not quite enough to account for two early apollo missions, and Lear is suggesting that von braun's team ended up recovering many times the entire amount ever recovered over the course of history, even though it's one of the rarest substances on earth? Yeah right.

I've tried to debate Lear before when he was on ATS, with particular regard to his "secret space station shuttle visit" claims. He didn't seem interested in entertaining opposing views or actual evidence.