Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Definitive Proof the US of A Never Lended On The Moon...

Definitive Proof the US of A Never Lended On The Moon...

*That should read "Landed"

They never made a movie about it!!!

<removed inappropriate language>... They claim to have won WW2 singlehanded... Recovered the Enigma Machine... Won in Afghanistan (or was that one on the News?!?)

So why no film about their crowning glory?
    Last edited by Tinaa; 2008-Jul-20 at 02:26 AM. Reason: <removed inappropriate language>

I was expecting more.

If this is what you're going to make your case with.........

I'm trying to make sense of what you're saying.

What does the Moon Landings have to do with what movies are made?
    Oh, I know. Absolutely nothing.
    And I presume then that you don't classify a documentary a movie? Because there are plenty of them that examine the space program - including Apollo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Wombat View Post
    But they did! Capricor.... no, I can't say it.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

I kinda think it IS the best argument against them actually going to the Moon....

My personal suspicion is any "fakery" is because they didn't expect to succeed, so they created a contingency plan (the obituaries were probably prepared, so why not some mission piccies to prove they got there, but heroically died on their return?!?)
    Last edited by Mortal Wombat; 2008-Jul-19 at 08:37 PM. Reason: typo

Definitive Proof
    Do you know what those words mean?

I kinda think it IS the best argument against them actually going to the Moon....

Oh definitely, this argument is just a scientific bonanza in regards to proving that the moon landing was hoaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon Dayz View Post
    Do you know what those words mean?
    Yup... I lurvvv wordplay...

Psychologically speaking.... why did nobody think a "WE-WENT-TO-THE-FREAKING-MOON-GUYS" film was worth making?!?

My personal suspicion is any "fakery" is because they didn't expect to succeed, so they created a contingency plan (the obituaries were probably prepared, so why not some mission piccies to prove they got there, but heroically died on their return?!?)
    Now lets see. You're saying that the best evidence that man didn't land on the moon is that you can't find any movies that were made about the subject - excluding documentaries I take it.

...and NASA spent ten years building satellites, spacecraft, launch vehicles, thrusters, training centres, test facilities, training chimpanzees and astronauts (thousands of hours each), inventing new technology, doing years of biological, physiological, atmospheric, aeromedical acceleration, radiation, solar, decompression, medical tests, creating new fuels, hydrated foods, computers, communications, materials and electronics, building launch pads, assembly buildings, vacuum chambers, flight simulators, decelerators, accelerators, centrifuges, gravity towers...(I need a breath)....involving hundreds of scientists, thousands of contractors, hundreds of thousands of workers....billions of dollars ...
    but they didn't expect to succeed? !!

Sir, could you please supply evidence that is just a teeny bit more specific?

My guess is that this is supposed to be a parody of a moon hoax argument. The problem is that this is a bit like making a parody of a tabloid newspaper - it's nearly impossible to detect the difference.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Yup... I lurvvv wordplay...

Psychologically speaking.... why did nobody think a "WE-WENT-TO-THE-FREAKING-MOON-GUYS" film was worth making?!?
    Like Magnificent Desolation? Or the From the Earth To the Moon mini-series?

Both are excellent, by the way. Though Magnificent Desolation should be seen in the IMAX theater. Seeing on a TV screen simply doesn't compare.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

What about In The Shadow Of The Moon? Also Apollo 13 showed the Apollo 11 landing at the beginning.

There has been plenty of films about the USA going to the moon.

#1. The Live footage from Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, and 17. Six seperate missions.
    #2. The Live footage from Apollo 13, where equipment failure prevent the mission.
    #3. In The Shadow Of The Moon
    #4. From the Earth to the Moon
    #5. Apollo 13
    #6. Nemerous documentaries from Nova/PBS
    #7. Nemerous documentaries from Discovery/Science channel

And others.

I suspect this will be a hit and run posting. However if the gent returns I'll go on the record as stating he should check his facts before posting such a easily disproven statement.

Definitive Proof...!!!...
    More "Leek-speak"...

Lol... I'm here to learn not run...

Do you really not think it's odd that there's never been a blockbuster proclaiming the US's supremacy?!?

Apollo 13... The heroic failure... That gets a film
    Landing... Heroic success!!! No film... *Yeah, fair enough! Don't wanna blow you're own trumpet!

"I Want To Believe..."

*Besides Van Rijn's films, I've never heard of.... (Googling now!)
    Last edited by Mortal Wombat; 2008-Jul-19 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Added *

What I'm wondering is, who didn't make a movie about it? The government? Hollywood? I watched it live on TV and not even the Apollo 13 movie topped the drama, wonder and inspiration of the real thing.

Let's see. Dramatisations of Apollo missions in movies or mini-series, off the top of my head:

From the Earth to the Moon (mini series)

Apollo 11 (movie)

Apollo 13 (movie)

The Dish (movie)

Space (mini series)

Space Race (mini series)

How many more to people want? Assuming the OP is not being tongue in cheek this must be in the running for the silliest moon hoax argument ever.

Jon

Actually I agree with Mortal Wombat.

It IS pretty weird that a movie was never made about Apollo 11. that really seems like Prime stuff, you know?

Of course, that certainly has nothing whatsoever to do with the evidence that clearly demonstrates that Earth has been to the Moon...

Mortal Wombat- I'm with van Rijn on this one. It appears to be a parody but I can't tell.

Many documentaries and movies have been made in regards to Apollo.
    Also, there are a great many amazing achievements that have not been made into blockbuster hits, either.

If you truly doubt we went to the Moon, you might want to focus on the evidence (Starting here can help : www.clavius.org) and read through a great many threads here on the subject.
    It really leaves no doubt that we went to the Moon. Moon Mans threads might prove painfully amusing- Don't drink milk while reading "I will prove we did not go to the Moon."

You can also write a letter to Ron Howard and tell him he needs to get on the ball.

I stand corrected by JonClarke above...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115560/

Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Actually I agree with Mortal Wombat.

[...]

Oh please!

Did you get hit in the head during your absence?

Quote Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
    Oh please!

Did you get hit in the head during your absence?
    Read the rest of my post prior to making Comments from the Peanut Gallery you MiniMe Lookalike.

Read the rest of my post prior to making Comments from the Peanut Gallery you MiniMe Lookalike.
    I already did. Hence the "hit-in-the-head" comment.

It IS pretty weird that a movie was never made about Apollo 11. that really seems like Prime stuff, you know?
    If Hollywood can't figure out a way to scandalize, exaggerate, revise, or usurp credit for heroic historical accomplishments, they won't touch it.

That's sure evidence, in my mind, that Apollo happened as presented. It's so mind-blowingly amazing an accomplishment that Hollywood had a collective collapse of anything resembling imagination, such as they understand it.

Oh, and it might be a stretch, but add "The Right Stuff" and "Space Camp" (speaking of exaggeration) to a slightly expanded list of movies about space exploration, if not quite Apollo itself.
    "Words that make questions may not be questions at all."
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson, answering loaded question in ten words or less
    at a 2010 talk MCed by Stephen Colbert.

*That should read "Landed"

Ffs... They claim to have won WW2 singlehanded... Recovered the Enigma Machine... Won in Afghanistan (or was that one on the News?!?)

So why no film about their crowning glory?
    Is this the best one can conjure these days?

No wonder the hoax believers stick to Youtube...

Looks like someone mistakenly thinks NASA and Hollywood have something to do with each other.

I saw a film about the Apollo 11 landing on the Moon less than a year after
    the landing, but had to watch it in a university science building because
    viewing it was free, so movie distributors and theaters weren't interested
    in showing it.

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

Quote Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
    Looks like someone mistakenly thinks NASA and Hollywood have something to do with each other.
    ...in fact Hollywood would be more likely to make a movie about a faked space mission than a real one...

Actually, you really want to know why they haven't made a movie about the moon landings?
    Because it is too hard to do - faking gravity, weightlessness etc. Maybe now with CGI effects so advanced, someone might tackle it.
    You see, those images and video of Neil et al on the moon are so ingrained in our consciousness that if a movie were made about it, it would have to look perfect because we could so easily spot any anomalies.
    Not like 2001:A Space Odyssey in 1968 when we didn't know how an astronaut would look walking on the moon.

BTW: Someone should add the word "movie" to the word database. It keeps coming up as misspelled. Oh, never mind I just added it myself.
    I added "Jay Utah" too!

Quote Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
    ...in fact Hollywood would be more likely to make a movie about a faked space mission than a real one...

...oh, my...
    Fortunately, a depiction of a far out space mission arrives summer of 2009....

Said missions came out on TV around the time of Apollo's start.
    Conincidence? Yes. But still fascinating...

Wait, didn't we hear something recently about an Armstrong biopic? I seem to remember reading about it in Small Media at Large.

The thing about World War II movies--and I've seen a lot of them--is that they tend to involve multiple dramatic stories. It's harder to do that with Apollo 11, because what you're really looking for there is the One Big Story. Take Apollo 13--yes, the story of the ship is the main focus, but there's also Ken Mattingly back on Earth, and the worry of the families, and so on. With Apollo 11, there's really very little in the way of personal stories that can be covered, and the technical stuff--sorry, guys, but it's true--bores a lot of people.

That being said, The Dish is a very good movie about Apollo 11, even if it's not about the landing itself per se.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    The thing about World War II movies--and I've seen a lot of them--is that they tend to involve multiple dramatic stories. It's harder to do that with Apollo 11...
    Just think of the drama...

Buzz: I want to go out the door first.
    Neil: No, I'll go first.
    Buzz: But you got to fly the LM!
    Neil: I'm the commander, and I decide who goes first.
    Buzz (to self): I'll teach him a lesson. I won't take any pictures of him on the surface.

Now, that's drama
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa