Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does any one here like Spam?

Post Does any one here like Spam?

Does anyone like spam at all? If you do or you don't post about it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Does anyone like spam at all? If you do or you don't post about it here!
    My parents (both of the WWII era) served Spam occassionally. I've tried it a few times as an adult and think it is not very good. It's passable if it's fried.

I like corned beef is that the same as spam??

no

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Leeks View Post
    I like corned beef is that the same as spam??
    Ever had corned mutton? I find it makes a fine sandwich if you slice it about 3/8ths of a centimeter thick, with tomatoes, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise/whipped dressing/salad cream,The tomato is imperative, other wise it is too salty, what with both Djon and corned mutton.

does anyone else here get spam form mike taylor.

him and his "system"...

I haven't had it in quite a few years, but I think it's okay in small amounts.
    My dad has said he likes it, so I think my mom still buys it occasionally.
    I wouldn't want to be stuck with nothing to eat but Spam, Spam, Spam,
    and Spam!

Oh -- I was also going to say that a few weeks ago, at a restaurant and
    market near me that specializes in foods from Iran, Turkey, and around the
    south Caspian Sea region, I had put-it-together-yourself gyro sandwiches
    with particularly good gyro meat. What makes it remarkable is that I had
    way more than I could eat, and heating the leftover meat for a couple of
    minutes the next day in a regular oven and putting it on my favorite
    Brownberry "Health Nut" bread (the smaller, denser, more expensive of
    the two identically-named loaves) made it taste fabulous. Much better
    than any I'd had previously.

-- Jeff, in Hormel Country

I know some Vikings who do. Never stop going on about it.

Might own up to liking spam fritters...

I like it in a sandwich, but don't have it often because of its fat content. (It was invented for soldiers in the early twentieth century, and my daily energy use is not quite as high as theirs.)

i hate it- it's always clogging up my inbox and trying to get me to buy pills i don't want or need.

Corned Mutton?? What is that--Scottish Spam?
    I like it sliced and fried almost crispy. But it is so salty, I can't eat as much of it as I used to. Blood Pressure goes through the roof.
    The place that goes nuts for Spam is Hawaii--the highest per-capita consumption of Spam in the world.
    I knew a fellow from Papua New Guinea who swore his grandfather loved Spam because it reminded him of "Long Pig" --a euphamism for Human.

this spam ?

suuuree .. yummy!

<drools>

Quote Originally Posted by DLHall View Post
    Corned Mutton?? What is that--Scottish Spam?
    I like it sliced and fried almost crispy. But it is so salty, I can't eat as much of it as I used to. Blood Pressure goes through the roof.
    The place that goes nuts for Spam is Hawaii--the highest per-capita consumption of Spam in the world.
    I knew a fellow from Papua New Guinea who swore his grandfather loved Spam because it reminded him of "Long Pig" --a euphamism for Human.
    Yeah, it is very salty, thats why I like it with sliced tomatoes. The stuff I buy is imported from New Zealand, but is in the ethnic food aisle with Henna powder, East Indian Peanut Brittle, and more exotic forms of Raman (like 'Shrimp Creamy Tom Yum Flavor!'.

Quote Originally Posted by DLHall View Post
    ...The place that goes nuts for Spam is Hawaii...
    They've got back-up; the Great American SPAM Championship
    July 9, 2008
    ...The [Washington County Fair] SPAM contest's theme is "Crazy Tasty"...is also being held at 40 host state and county fairs in 2008; the champion wins a trip to the SPAM JAM Waikiki Event in Hawaii next April. A National SPAM Kid Chef of the Year wins a $2,000 cash prize.
    Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
    Rules

Spam is great! I don't get enough spam. It versitle, it's tasty, it's spamspamspamspam. Spam, wonderful spam. Yes send me...er...buy me more spam.

Spam is good if fried till almost crispy, then put between two slices of pumpernickel, some cheddar cheese, and lots of yellow mustard.

Otherwise, you should keep it away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlpool View Post
    this spam ?

I'm so tempted to use the "Report Spam" button on this post.. but I don't dare to meddle in the affairs of mods, for they are subtle and quick to anger

I have a vague childhood memory of eating this once. I'm not sure if I remember it because it was good or bad.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

In addition to tasting horrible and having a disgusting flobbedy texture, spam sometimes has this jelly in the corners/edges of the cans which has a really lurid pink or blue colour, which is suggestive of a chemistry in its production which makes me very suspicious. Although the original production of spam predates mechanised meat separation processes such as mechanically recovered meat http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechani...recovered_meat, and advanced meat recovery, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_meat_recovery, it looks like the kind of stuff which might be made this way today. Both of these are so far removed from what you would like to happen to food you eat, and in general make one suspicious about what bits of animal are actually in it, that I will not eat anything that even resembles it today if I have any choice in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Viehoff View Post
    In addition to tasting horrible and having a disgusting flobbedy texture, spam sometimes has this jelly in the corners/edges of the cans which has a really lurid pink or blue colour, which is suggestive of a chemistry in its production which makes me very suspicious. Although the original production of spam predates mechanised meat separation processes such as mechanically recovered meat http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechani...recovered_meat, and advanced meat recovery, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_meat_recovery, it looks like the kind of stuff which might be made this way today. Both of these are so far removed from what you would like to happen to food you eat, and in general make one suspicious about what bits of animal are actually in it, that I will not eat anything that even resembles it today if I have any choice in the matter.
    Like HotDogs? And Sausages?

Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Like HotDogs? And Sausages?
    Certainly I don't eat Frankenfurters, and am in general suspicious of all sausages of fine undifferentiated texture, and indeed any kind of sausage which only obtainable pre-cooked. Frankenfurters have a rather suspicious blandness with a chemical edge which I don't like anyway. I also refuse to eat any meat products which have di-, tri- or poly-phosphates on their ingredients list, these chemicals are added purely to increase water-retentiveness, and thus sell you water instead of meat. The cheap British sausage, as widely sold in supermarkets and served in transport cafés, and from late night stalls in central London, is also an object to be avoided like the plague.

In several countries in Europe (at least), including Britain, you can buy high quality sausages, generally of a coarse texture, and either raw requiring thorough cooking, or else cured (like salami). In these conditions, I don't think it would be feasible to include MRM in the ingredients. They are not cheap, nor available everywhere that sells meat, but they are truly wonderful. Indeed we consider such things very highly desirable. They are the only kind of sausage I eat, when I have any say in the matter. In fact I avoid buying any meat at all in down- or mid-market supermarkets, apart from imported charcuterie.

I was persuaded, by a Swiss friend when in Switzerland, to try some of their sausages they have in Switzerland, I forget the name, which are of undifferentiated texture, and suspiciously pale. I learned the paleness comes because they are made of veal. In agreeing to this, it occurred to me that the Swiss, having very strict food laws (on the naturalness of food), probably wouldn't allow any crap in their sausages, and my friends were certainly very discerning in food matters. But I was nonetheless rather disappointed by these sausages. In the distant future when I have plenty of time, I'll probably have a go at making my own sausages so I know exactly what's in them, and it will be of high quality.

I also examine the ingredients list on patés very carefully, and won't buy most of them. Though I confess the most common reason for refusing to buy them is the large amount of lard in the ingredients list. Quite what lard is doing in the ingredients list of chicken liver paté I find it very hard to tell, aside from making it cheaper and less healthy, it certainly isn't included in my home-made clp.

Spam that has been thinly sliced and fried makes the perfect breakfast food for camping trips. You couldn't get me to eat it directly out of the can, though.
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

Raw Spam is a bit nasty, as are the gelatinous globsters which gather in the corners.

But it does make for a good meal if properly prepared.

Smile

When I was young we were sort of poor. Spam was cheap so we were exposed to it often. My mom would mix it with velveta cheese, put some between a hamburger bun and toast it in the broiler. I kiddingly called them "Spam Bams" for the way I purported that they hit your stomach. I hate spam, always did, always will. My mom did the best she could with what little she had to work with. I forgive her.

Spam is no longer cheap.
    What's up with that?

I can go to the Surplus store and buy MRE's for an arm and a leg too.
    I had enough of them back in the Army- it amazes me anyone would PAY for them...

Spam is no longer cheap. What's up with that?...
    Just about everything!
    May 29, 2008
    ...white bread up 13 percent...bacon up 7 percent and peanut butter up 9 percent...Spam is up too, with the average 12 oz. can about $2.62....[up] nearly 7 percent from the same time last year...
    Minneapolis Star-Tribune

I can go to the Surplus store and buy MRE's for an arm and a leg too.
    I had enough of them back in the Army- it amazes me anyone would PAY for them...
    /threadjack

They aren't very tasty, but MREs make excellent emergency supplies because they don't take up much space, can be stored for long periods without spoiling (how could you tell? )and are high in calories.

/ End threadjack

I can say the same for grasshoppers and caterpillars.

what is the full form of spam ?? is it "superior parts added in mailing", or "subtract parameter addition mathematics", "so much paragraphs added in mail", "south pole anti matter" or "southern probably active monkey", or what??

I know spam means unwanted mails in our mail box, unwanted means we have not welcome them to come, but they found our email id and got the way to reach in the mail-box, normally "recepeints undisclosed" mails are spams?

Spiced ham

Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    Spiced ham

really I laughed much loudly.

spam become a great amusement, stranger like experience and a great timepass, is it not, or you know I have seen many people who are reading the spam mails very interestingly, because they have a lot of time with them, inshort the spams are responsible to "spend our time", unnecessary reading trouble, and more and more.

the topic is very fine.