Page 254 of 256 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256 LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,620 of 7678

Thread: Your current weather?

That reminds me of last year’s late summer dry thunderstorm. Very weird, very rare, and set a lot of Northern California on fire.

For now, it’s a cool summer day. It’s only supposed to get up to 82F today, tomorrow even cooler at 78F. Breezy and cooler than that now, downright chilly at night. I closed the windows early last night, and slept with a warm blanket.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

You can keep your 82įF !

Yesterday didn't start off stormy for us...far from it. It was a great day for a drive...and for The Wife's birthday...so we made the short trip to Talkeetna (map) to hit the art shops, visit one of my favorite breweries, and have lunch at their brewpub. We had blue skies all the way and once we got there, we enjoyed temps in the low 70s. Clouds started appearing mid-afternoon when we left and by the time we got home they were looking a little angry.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. ó Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Quote Originally Posted by PetersCreek View Post
    You can keep your 82įF !

Yesterday didn't start off stormy for us...far from it. It was a great day for a drive...and for The Wife's birthday...so we made the short trip to Talkeetna (map) to hit the art shops, visit one of my favorite breweries, and have lunch at their brewpub. We had blue skies all the way and once we got there, we enjoyed temps in the low 70s. Clouds started appearing mid-afternoon when we left and by the time we got home they were looking a little angry.
    Agreed. 68F/20C is just fine. I can always put on more clothes, but taking them off out on my deck might be problematic.
    But it's only 60F out there this afternoon.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Agreed. 68F/20C is just fine. I can always put on more clothes, but taking them off out on my deck might be problematic.
    But it's only 60F out there this afternoon.
    A couple of things I donít think you realize: There is little humidity here and it usually gets a lot cooler here at night. It was a bit chilly in the house when I got up in the morning. A breezy 82F max is a very comfortable day. I expect tonight will be even cooler than last night.

To me, 68F is on the cool side. Not bad outside if not windy and in the sun, or in shade if Iím active but in the fall/winter/spring I keep the house at 70-72F unless it is time for bed, otherwise my hands and feet get too cold when Iím not active. Occasionally in the winter Iíll turn the heat up to 74F to have a break from the cold and constantly wearing warm clothes. With the air conditioner on I sometimes get chilled at 76F.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Oh, I should mention I have a couple ceiling fans I use in warmer weather, and that makes a big difference in perceived temperature. In winter, I know it has gotten cold when I turn the fans off for the season.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

We just had a power outage I guess the lines got overloaded, no storm. since there was no clouds it was nice to go out to take look at the sky with no dusk to to dawn light, but there was still some light at quarter to 11. You could still see the haze in beams from car headlights as they passed by, for half an hour it was just me the sky and the fireflies, they can't take the sky away from me.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Today is a real winters day. The maximum in my suburb has been around 17C (63) with an overnight minimum 7 C (45F). When we went out for our ride around 10:00 am it was about 13 C (54F). There were winds around 32 k/mh and gusts up to around 50 k/mh. Earlier there was a light layer of wispy clouds but now there is just a sky full of grey clouds with showers expected tomorrow. We are hiding inside with jumpers, and the heater, on.

Quote Originally Posted by ozduck View Post
    Today is a real winters day. The maximum in my suburb has been around 17C (63) with an overnight minimum 7 C (45F). When we went out for our ride around 10:00 am it was about 13 C (54F). There were winds around 32 k/mh and gusts up to around 50 k/mh. Earlier there was a light layer of wispy clouds but now there is just a sky full of grey clouds with showers expected tomorrow. We are hiding inside with jumpers, and the heater, on.
    Iím envious (being a winter person). Here itís like 30C even though itís still June. And by the way, what are jumpers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    I’m envious (being a winter person). Here it’s like 30C even though it’s still June. And by the way, what are jumpers?

I had a quick look at basic climate info for Japan and I see that it does seem to be a bit 'warm for this time of year'. Well we will get this sort of weather for the next couple of months but with hopefully more rain. In other words a typical Mediterranean type climate The occasional day of 30C or so will probably start appearing again around late September.

Jumpers are an UK and Commonwealth term for what you probably call sweaters. This page goes into a lot of detail about usage of the terms. https://www.garmentprinting.co.uk/bl...ers-pullovers/

I’m envious (being a winter person). Here it’s like 30C even though it’s still June. And by the way, what are jumpers?
    Looked it up - 30c is just 86F, which is very common here for May or June, sometimes earlier than that. I don’t consider that very warm. Is it humid there though? I used to live in the mdwest and visited Florida sometime back, and that makes a huge difference.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I believe we'd say "sweaters" here in the USofA.

Itís only 73F here now, might get up to 78F. It was downright cold when I was outside this morning checking the tree. Breezy too, this cool air is coming from the coast. Tomorrow is supposed to be even cooler, only getting up to 73F, maybe some clouds. Then it will start warming again, probably to 90F in four days as the delta breeze slows.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Looked it up - 30c is just 86F, which is very common here for May or June, sometimes earlier than that. I donít consider that very warm. Is it humid there though? I used to live in the mdwest and visited Florida sometime back, and that makes a huge difference.
    Yes, itís quite humid, so Florida is a good comparison. And that also means that in mid-summer, it feels hot even at night.

As above, so below

Yes, it’s quite humid, so Florida is a good comparison. And that also means that in mid-summer, it feels hot even at night.
    Ouch. I went to Florida in the summer, and I had forgotten what real humidity was like. You couldn’t even see though single pane windows, it was like looking through an ice filled glass. I have to say, this climate would be a lot less comfortable if it didn’t cool down at night and had high humidity. There are usually a couple weeks where the delta breeze shuts down pretty much completely and it gets really hot, 106F or so (41c). The air runs a lot then.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Getting some rain, hopefully take the humidity down it is suppose to cool down over the next few days.

Actually had to run the heat for a little this morning to take the chill off. I can’t recall the last time I ran the heat in June. Got down to the mid 40s in the early morning.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

About 25C, with some nice breezes.

I got busy and watered all the plants yesterday afternoon then went for a walk up to the mailbox. By the time I got back it was, of course, starting to rain.

I was mildly amused today - the weather has been cool to a point Iíve run the heat a little on a couple mornings to deal with the chill. Iíve had windows and sliding glass doors open in the afternoon for a number of days to warm the house and let in the great air. I had everything open yesterday, for example. It was a little warmer than the previous day but still comfortable outside. Today I knew it would be getting into the nineties and kept the house closed during the day. A bit ago I realized it was feeling a little warm and stuffy inside so checked the thermostat - it hadnít come on because it was set on heat!

I canít remember the last time Iíve had heat on in June so that simply hadnít occurred to me. It is normally set on cool throughout the summer months and a bit beyond. I rarely turn it off, I just adjust the temperature setting.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

118įF is forecast for tomorrow. I won't be needing my mittens.

It cooled back down a bit today (mid 80s) and itís a nice cool night now, but is expected to go over 100F on Wednesday. I am glad the Sacramento area doesnít match Phoenix, that really would be too warm for me. We got up to 113F once, and occasionally get up to 110F in July or August, but it isnít common. No 118F for me, thanks.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

About 20 C today with a nice breeze. This morning I was told the brother in law was going to come out to cut some firewood. Waited and then decide to go out to see if I can get the tiller to work longer than five minutes but now the tines are choked on grass. Found out way he didn't cut wood today him and my sister had to put a dog down, they only for a few months it was an older dog whose owner passed away. I guess will let the grass dry out a bit maybe easier to deal with then.

Today was the coldest day of the year to date for the city. The temperature got down to 3.8 C overnight with my suburb recording 2 C. The advantage of this sort of temperature is that it is usually followed by a nice day. This has been borne out today as the skies are completely free of clouds and beautifully blue. A maximum of 19 C is expected.

29 C warm and breezy, a couple more passes with the tiller in a couple more passes with the tiller and I will be ready to plant. Maybe I can get it all in today.

About the same but tonight and tomorrow there is some rain coming so trying to get everything in the garden, but first some chicken, broccoli salad and some stuffing.

Sunny about 7 c at just after 7 am so it will get warmer, had to do one chore early so did that and having some cereal and coffee while the birds go on outdoors.

Hot! The cheapo weather station says 97F but the sensor is in the sun so I took the digital food thermometer out on the deck in the shade and got 91F. At 7:30PM. That probably doesn't sound like much to some of you, but it's extremely unusual here. Unusual for late August, let alone for Junuary! Summer doesn't even start here until July 5!
    I'm glad we got central AC for our new house!

97F is on the warm side. It was 109F a bit back and the night was warm. I think the prior record for that day was 106. It has been in the high 80s lately but cooling down nicely at night, to the point it can get too cool inside with a fan bringing in the air. But it is warming up again, expected to be 100F tomorrow, nights still fairly cool.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Hot! The cheapo weather station says 97F but the sensor is in the sun so I took the digital food thermometer out on the deck in the shade and got 91F. At 7:30PM. That probably doesn't sound like much to some of you, but it's extremely unusual here. Unusual for late August, let alone for Junuary! Summer doesn't even start here until July 5!
    I'm glad we got central AC for our new house!
    I was considering asking about the weather your way because I am seeing lots of reports on the 'Net' about severe hot weather heading there. Knowing of your dislike of higher temperatures I bet that central A/C is now starting to seem like a masterstroke.

Not exactly weather and not exactly the longest day of the year but we still have some daylight at midnight.

Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. ó Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)