Page 244 of 246 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246 LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,320 of 7353

Thread: Your current weather?

Heard an odd sound again, wondered what it might be again, but realized pretty quickly it was the thunder I shouldn’t be hearing this time of year . . . again. I had read something about the possibility earlier. I didn’t stay outside very long this time, as it is still very smoky. In the day there is a general smoke haze although it gets plenty sunny. At night the stars can’t be seen. I’m hoping this doesn’t add too much to the fires.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Hot and muggy out suppose start raining this afternoon, BIL came by checked out the wood splitter, now splitting some wood before the rain comes and to clear a path to put the splitter in the middle of the wood pile.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

A big thunderstorm hit earlier, today waiting to hear if the auction company will be down later this week to do an estate and reading if life could survive around the Trappist-1 system.

Hurricane

Quote Originally Posted by jrkeller View Post
    Hurricane
    Stay safe, jrkeller!
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

For those around the Gulf of Mexico, brace for impact.
    https://twitter.com/DavidLPFairweat/...897298432?s=20
    Here windy under 20 C, the perfect day after a few big thunderstorms day. trying to get some wood split and staying outdoors as much as possible.

Again another great day, working away at the wood pile trying to get some done before the rain on Saturday.

A good slow rain, what is left of Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Stay safe, jrkeller!

Honestly, nothing happened, other than getting two paid days off of work.

It was just another hot and humid summer day in Houston.

Sunny the wind has died down and the wood splitter seems to want to work did a round earlier and probably go out for another in few moments.

Getting a little rain now and tomorrow. Today started early splitting wood and then me and mom moved the splitter with the 'gator. and split some more in the afternoon, and finally ran out of gas and the car is gone.

45įC but only 9% humidity. Unpleasant but not excessively deadly.

Much Lower humidity and lower temps this week, daytime mid 80'sF and dry, nights in the low 60'sF - Nice. Feeling a little like Autumn now.

Less smokey than yesterday. But it's set off my wife's asthma.

Overcast with a chance of showers, a rest day tomorrow and the next day the auction company has called me to work for them. The wood i over 80 percent done.

We had some strong wind earlier in the week and the smoke got very thick, the sky was overcast with smoke and very orange during the day. Smoke could definitely be smelled indoors with windows and doors closed. Also PG&E cut power off to a lot of people because of the winds, most but not all have had their power restored. Again I am happy I get power from SMUD. I would have had to get a backup generator by now if I had PG&E. No way I would want to be here in the summer without power, no refrigerator and air conditioning.

Temperature has come down, high was around 109F at the beginning of the week, 92F now, nights have cooled down too, to the low 60s. Wind is minimal and the skies are still overcast, but brighter and more of a yellow instead of orange.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    We had some strong wind earlier in the week and the smoke got very thick, the sky was overcast with smoke and very orange during the day. Smoke could definitely be smelled indoors with windows and doors closed. Also PG&E cut power off to a lot of people because of the winds, most but not all have had their power restored. Again I am happy I get power from SMUD. I would have had to get a backup generator by now if I had PG&E. No way I would want to be here in the summer without power, no refrigerator and air conditioning.

Temperature has come down, high was around 109F at the beginning of the week, 92F now, nights have cooled down too, to the low 60s. Wind is minimal and the skies are still overcast, but brighter and more of a yellow instead of orange.
    I'm one of those PG&E customers here in the hills above Chico, CA. Power was shut off 11pm Monday and was just turned back on a couple hours ago. We had one hot day but the heavy smoke from the very nearby Bear Fire brought the temps down. It may not break 80F today. We had the generator going nearly non-stop during the outage so the fridge was okay. Oh, and the cars are still packed in case the winds change direction and we have to bug out. Enough ash has fallen that everything looks grey and it billows like snow in the wake of cars. On the bright side, the sky doesn't like quite so Martian today.
    So many bugs, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by ABR. View Post
    I'm one of those PG&E customers here in the hills above Chico, CA. Power was shut off 11pm Monday and was just turned back on a couple hours ago. We had one hot day but the heavy smoke from the very nearby Bear Fire brought the temps down. It may not break 80F today.
    Hello, ABR, good to hear from you again. It also tends to stay a bit cooler up there in the hills than in the valley even without smoke, doesnít it? I expect you sometimes get snow there in winter? (For others, itís been decades since Iíve seen snow falling where I live - you have to head for higher altitudes to find snow that makes it to the ground, and higher still if you want more than a dusting.)

We had the generator going nearly non-stop during the outage so the fridge was okay. Oh, and the cars are still packed in case the winds change direction and we have to bug out. Enough ash has fallen that everything looks grey and it billows like snow in the wake of cars. On the bright side, the sky doesn't like quite so Martian today.
    Ouch. Everything outside here has a bit of a dusty look, but it isnít too thick. I noticed even just doing something like turning a door knob on a well used door left my hand feeling like it was covered in dust. I donít envy your power issues. Here I would buy a reasonably large permanent generator if I needed to, as I would want enough power to run the air conditioner as well as fridge.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Clear but smokey. I don't believe we've had any significant rain at all in September. That's extremely unusual; there's a reason the Labor Day festival in Seattle is called "Bumbershoot". And we really need it.

The weather here in Bend Oregon is wildfire smoke. AQI ~600. I have three air filters running in the house.

Storms north of me. Interesting footage of Labor Day lightning at Largo Florida—anvil crawlers moving towards a line of clouds shown on the Weather Channel this past Monday. It looked like energy weapons hitting a shield and stopping.

Gray. I'm not sure if it's just the smoke or if there's a bit of fog mixed in. When I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of night I could see some lights on the other side of the bay, a couple of hours later I couldn't, which suggests there's some fog.

Sunny and some clouds, spending the day outdoors reading a Star Wars novel after a couple of days of moving furniture and stuff around for the auction.

A nice Autumn week ahead here with a dry mid 70's expected for daytime highs and upper 50's at night. Rain (which we need again for the gardens) may be here by late Thurs/Fri from the tropical system approaching from the southern states.

Sunny and really breezy hopefully the wood splitter will get going longer than a minute and I will finish splitting the wood.

Duplicate post.

The smoke got a little better yesterday, I could see all the way to the marina about a mile off. Now I can't.

Getting down to the upper 50s at night, 88-90 high today, depressed a bit by smoke. Smoke isn’t too bad but it does smell outside, still a bit overcast/hazy and the moon is still orange at night.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I just noticed the dim, orange sun in the east. First time I've seen it in days. But to the west I can barely see across the street.

Its 21C here in london and it looks like it'll rain later. I hope I am home before that.