Page 245 of 246 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246 LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,350 of 7358

Thread: Your current weather?

Now it's that kind of weather when it's cold in the morning/evening and hot in the afternoon. So you don't know how to dress and take with you some clothes you finally don't put on)

Clouding over, the weather network predict rain latter but felt a few rain drops might go back out so close in finishing fall mega project.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

After starting yesterday morning unable to see across the street, by evening it had cleared enough that I could see the lights from across the bay and down at the marina, a mile or so off. This morning it's back to barely seeing across the street. May be more fog than smoke now. We could use some rain and a breeze.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Much cooler day, only getting up to 82F, dropping down to upper 50s at night. Also nice and sunny, I’m not seeing or smelling the smoke, and it doesn’t have the weird hazy overcast I’ve seen so often recently. For the first time in about a month, I think I will be opening the windows at night. Nice. Between the heat and smoke I’ve kept outside work to a minimum but that will be changing.

It’s supposed to warm back up a bit to 90 or so in a couple days, but nights will still be getting down to upper 50s, so mornings are cool and evenings cool off quickly.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

A bit chilly this morning and tomorrow morning will be in the mid-40'sF. It's a little bit on the early side here but welcome. Back to the 70's in a few days with a dry week ahead.

Much better this morning! I can not only see across the street but across the bay!

Cool temperatures - at least for Houston - 65F this morning.

Tropical Storm heading this way.

The sky is this really weird color! Sort of .... Blue! And there's this strange brilliant ball in it!
    I still can't see the bay, but that's just a layer of fog.

Woke up to clear skies and a temperature of 52 degrees, which is pretty nice around here just a few days before Fall begins. I can still wear shorts but a slight breeze means I need a light jacket to walk the dog.

A nice and sunny day got the ret of the wood in. Tomorrow in the afternoon we will start to feel the effects of Teddy, but not like Nova Scotia, last year when Dorian hit a crane hit a building hopefully this year they have all the cranes secure.

We've been getting bands of rain since Sunday. I know we've had over 6" but not exactly how much over. (I am NOT going out in a downpour to empty a rain gauge so I know how much it's raining. I know how much ... too much.) There are reports of 12" in parts of the area.

It should let up tonight as Beta moves NE and gone.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They dont alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Fire, flood, pestilence. I am however looking forward to the frogs.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Nice day here today, due to the delta breeze (a long range sea breeze) we have exceptionally good air and very blue skies. Temperature is about 90F, nights are slowly getting cooler, maybe lower 50s tonight. Weve had off and on good days, some days you still smell smoke, some have haze. In forecast, most days should be mid 80s to 90s but its expected to go up to 95 in a few days, also wind shifts and heat will likely mean more smoke. There are still some major fires going on, nothing too close, slowly being contained, but more heat will mean a bit more fire and smoke.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    We've been getting bands of rain since Sunday. I know we've had over 6" but not exactly how much over. (I am NOT going out in a downpour to empty a rain gauge so I know how much it's raining. I know how much ... too much.) There are reports of 12" in parts of the area.

It should let up tonight as Beta moves NE and gone.
    Stay safe, Jim!
    Been breezy here overnight, including a brief power outage which turned off the Keurig machine, delaying my coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Stay safe, Jim!
    Been breezy here overnight, including a brief power outage which turned off the Keurig machine, delaying my coffee!
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Fire, flood, pestilence. I am however looking forward to the frogs.
    Will toads do Swift? Got lots of them here this season, good for the garden insect pests. It's been a nice dry 3 day stretch of 70's here, did some outside painting before the leftovers of Beta pass thru by Friday.

Still breezy. But much better than last week's smoke!

Clouding over and a week of rain coming up, YEAH.

Myrtle Beach hit by a waterspout recently

I’ve had a bit too much summer weather this year in Sacramento. 97F high today, expected to be 100F or so tomorrow, along with smoke (we had a break from the smoke, but its back with the heat). If history is any guide, this will likely be the last of the hot days of the year. We might even get some rain in October (we sometimes get rain in September and October - we did last year - but November is when the rain usually really gets serious).

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Today it was starting to clear up and I was thinking on going for a long walk because I need a pick up a few things in town like a new pen. Now getting cloudy and a chance of rain. I will be in town Saturday because there is an auction and Thanksgiving dinner because my niece and friends wants to get back to university on Sunday.

Nice Autumn temps continue here with the upper 70's day / upper 50's night. A dry stretch going on now but the remains of that Gulf hurricane should give us a rain boost by late weekend. Delta is heading towards the delta, poor folks down there have taken it on the chin all summer, can't catch a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedude View Post
    Nice Autumn temps continue here with the upper 70's day / upper 50's night. A dry stretch going on now but the remains of that Gulf hurricane should give us a rain boost by late weekend.
    By way of comparison, 88F today, and has been typically upper 80s, lower 90s weather recently, with low to mid 50s at night. Days are supposed to cool off by about 10 degrees tomorrow and there may be a light rain this weekend locally, though it is a bit iffy. Aside from a short period of sprinkles one night in the summer from a tropical storm, the last real rainstorm was in May. Im hopeful there will be real rain around Northern California, it would help with the fires and remaining smoke. In any event, this is getting close to the normal rainy season.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Been in the smoke/fog all week again. Ugh. Occasionally it clears a bit, but it comes back.

The first frost of the season was yesterday morning, -3C. Seems later every year.

Regarding the US smoke that found its way to BC, it's been an issue in the south of the province, but we only caught a hint of it one day a few weeks ago where I live. That's another thing to be grateful for.

A windy but sunny with a few clouds day. And when I went to get the mail I decided to extend the walk and walk around the block, about 8 km. But since I wasn't planning on going far I didn't have the cell phone with the camera so I didn't get pictures of the two hawks twenty Canadian geese in a pond (well I didn't check their passports). It was so windy that my hat came off twice, I guess my head is not as big as I thought it was. And came home to some corn chowder.

There was quite a bit of smoke a week ago near Sacramento (while the sky was clear, the moon was very orange/red but bright and quite unlike what it can look like during an eclipse) but not so much recently.

Sadly, though, we aren't getting much rain this weekend. There was some hope for a decent rain over much of Northern California, but now it is thought it will be very light. It is cloudy today, and only getting to the mid 70s during the day. It's expected after the weekend it will go back to the mid to high 80s.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Nice autumn day today. It was sunnier than yesterday and got up to the mid 70s, no obvious smoke. Last night it got down to the low 50s, and the morning was cool. Nice for working outside and I opened up in the afternoon to warm up the inside. I can tell it wont be long before Ill need to turn on the heat when I get up to handle the morning chill. My house tends to stay on the cool side, which is nice in the summer but not so much as winter comes.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Good thing the patio chairs were put away some time ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zzIMG_6365.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	25597  
    Last edited by Torsten; 2020-Oct-19 at 07:25 PM. Reason: picture didn't attach first time.

Weather here has been into the 90s, but is slowly dropping. Today it should get to 88F. If current forecasts hold, it should be cooling off to the 70s in about a week. My biggest question is if I’ll need to put the heat on before the end of the month for the morning chill. It’s forecast the low might drop to the upper 40s sometime in the next two weeks, and that would probably do it. It should still be getting up to the mid 70s in the afternoon then. Days like those I open up the house in the afternoon and run the heat to take the chill off in the morning.

Luckily, air has been fine, no obvious smoke.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser