Page 257 of 258 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258 LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,710 of 7733

Thread: Your current weather?

Up to 30-40 mm of rain in the next 24 hours, a we were suppose to get some rain a couple of days ago and I rushed to get some fertilizer on some plants that were a little behind some others so kind of ready for rain a bit early.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

I'm really grateful for the cooler temperatures and occasional rain showers we've been having. Meanwhile the south of the province has raging fires and another small community burned a few days ago.

Upper 20s again with sun and bit of a breeze this afternoon started to mow the lawn but there is an issue with the lawn mower hopefully easily fixed by me and started to move the in the wood shed. This year I probably won't have to split the wood because the brother-in-law and a cousin found a device that cuts up the big logs and splits them. Just i for few minutes while the garlic bread is finishing warming for the chicken lasagna.

Today we are going to under a heat warning it is going to as warms 31 C with humidex value nearer 40 C, maybe some of the mist well go away before this evening for the meteor shower.

After about 6 weeks of bad weather, with a couple of nice days interspersed, we had a really lovely one today. It was only around 21 C but felt a lot warmer with the bright sun and clear skies. We were so inspired that we lengthened our morning bicycle ride to around 30 KM which is pretty much the maximum distance we like to go.

Smokey! Coming down from Canada this time, rather than from the nearby island.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Smokey! Coming down from Canada this time, rather than from the nearby island.
    Yeah, totally smoky over here near Lake Pend Oreille, north Idaho. Plus high 90s (F) (again!) for the next few days before it starts to cool off. Several fires around here and in nearby Montana.....
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.

About 30C and calm. Sky is cloudless but ugly, stinky smoke has settled in. It's not nearly as bad as what people to the south of me are dealing with. We had really good air quality for many days in a row.
    Yesterday I hiked up a mountain that afforded me a view of the convection columns rising from a fire far to the south. Below and downwind of them was a dense layer of smoke near the ground. That's what's now choking us.

33 C and back to the air conditioner.

Another hot and muggy day, seeing clouds being built up out doors, waiting for the the thunder shower.

Well the storm is all over, there were a couple of strikes in town one right behind a candy factory hopefully that is not their not the only power source, and another strike near the local McDonalds.

Mid 20's a lot less humidity already went into town and got power bar and the new box works, also got an ice cap so now go outdoors and work some of it off for while.

Muggy, overcast with a chance of rain for today, tomorrow and even Friday which is when I probably I will be unloading a truck.

We don't have A/C at our place here in Oregon as it usually doesn't get hot enough to require it - or at least it cools off sufficiently during the night that we can open and close windows to keep the house pleasant. But the recent heat waves have challenged that protocol and now with the summer wildfire smoke occasionally making the air unhealthy (meaning opening the windows at night was not an option), I had to go to plan B: buy a portable A/C unit. Should have done it last year during the horrific wildfire season.

Yeah. Places that didn't previously require AC are now needing it more.
    When we had our house built in 2018, central AC was a requirement. It comes pretty much free with a heat pump anyhow. But with all the fire smoke we're having high level filtration added in a couple of weeks.

Yes, while air conditioning is a necessity here, except for when the delta breeze shuts off (only with rare extremely hot days) I normally open up at night. But last night for example it got quite cool, but I kept it closed anyway because of the smoke. Last year I kept it closed for about a month. We had rare dry lightning that hit a large area in Northern California, including fairly near my house, and it set off fires all over that took a long time to get under control.

This year it hasn’t been as bad, yet at least. There is still quite some time before we are likely to get rain. But it is the third year in a row with large enough wildfires that the smoke is really noticeable here. That’s not completely new for here, but it didn’t used to be a regular event, and last year was an extreme case.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

For sure, even though quite a few California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia (and beyond) fires have raged - and again small towns have been lost - this hasn't been quite as bad a wildfire season in the Pacific Northwest. Last year, we had many days when the air quality index for 2.5 particulates was above 500, even 600. Which is quite unhealthy. It got above 400 or so here earlier this week when the wind shifted to blow one of the local Cascade fire smoke directly over our area. That was a bit bizarre as the smoke rolled in rapidly like a seaside fog.

Overcast, foggy and rainy and probably be the same tomorrow.

Clearing skies still really muggy but in a couple of days it is suppose to get cooler, YaY. After I finish this vege tac I might go out with an old text book and learn about galaxies for something.

32 C and we got the first load of firewood and moving around the old stuff, and applied to work for the upcoming election.

Just wondering if you actually posted that twice or if the board has hiccupped. I'm seeing ten different copies of the same UT post!

You see two. The software posted three but only let's me delete one. I am trying.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    You see two. The software posted three but only let's me delete one. I am trying.
    Now they are ALL gone!

Our weather in ATL is great, but I'm worried about the folks in Louisiana. So far New Orleans is not getting hit too hard. Gusts to 84 mph but mostly steady at ~50 mph. I know that's not great but it's better than 140!

Overcast and muggy with bit of a breeze which is good once I get out of the woodshed, all the old stuff piled and on to the new stuff. Now I need to find a new book to read or a pen.

What is left of Ida is rolling tonight with lots of rain for the next couple of days. Getting some wood and picked some beans and pulled a few potatoes to see how they wer doing. Also got a call from the auction company for Friday and Saturday. Just in for a few minutes time to go back out, enjoy your day.

cloudy and rainy, todays big mystery why there have been a constant stream of tractors and trailers going by the house like starting at least 8am and still going. Eta they are not log trucks which is what I was expecting.

We had a cold snap. The humidity dropped into the 20%s last night and the overnight lows were in the upper 60s and lower 70s ... abnormally cool. Today the high should reach 95 but because of the low humidity the "feels like" temp will only be 105.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Itís expected to feel like 104F here because it is expected to hit 104F. It stayed warm last night, only getting down to 69F. But recently there have been days it only got to the high 80s and low 90s, and down to mid to upper 50s at night. Those can make the house cold if I leave the windows open too long. On the plus side, those days need little or no air conditioning. Itís expected to drop to mid 90s tomorrow then low 90s after that.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

The big Labor Day festival in Seattle is called "Bumbershoot", because it usually starts raining around then. It has remained unseasonally nice instead!