Page 245 of 245 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245
Results 7,321 to 7,337 of 7337

Thread: Your current weather?

Now it's that kind of weather when it's cold in the morning/evening and hot in the afternoon. So you don't know how to dress and take with you some clothes you finally don't put on)

Clouding over, the weather network predict rain latter but felt a few rain drops might go back out so close in finishing fall mega project.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

After starting yesterday morning unable to see across the street, by evening it had cleared enough that I could see the lights from across the bay and down at the marina, a mile or so off. This morning it's back to barely seeing across the street. May be more fog than smoke now. We could use some rain and a breeze.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Much cooler day, only getting up to 82F, dropping down to upper 50s at night. Also nice and sunny, I’m not seeing or smelling the smoke, and it doesn’t have the weird hazy overcast I’ve seen so often recently. For the first time in about a month, I think I will be opening the windows at night. Nice. Between the heat and smoke I’ve kept outside work to a minimum but that will be changing.

It’s supposed to warm back up a bit to 90 or so in a couple days, but nights will still be getting down to upper 50s, so mornings are cool and evenings cool off quickly.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

A bit chilly this morning and tomorrow morning will be in the mid-40'sF. It's a little bit on the early side here but welcome. Back to the 70's in a few days with a dry week ahead.

Much better this morning! I can not only see across the street but across the bay!

Cool temperatures - at least for Houston - 65F this morning.

Tropical Storm heading this way.

The sky is this really weird color! Sort of .... Blue! And there's this strange brilliant ball in it!
    I still can't see the bay, but that's just a layer of fog.

Woke up to clear skies and a temperature of 52 degrees, which is pretty nice around here just a few days before Fall begins. I can still wear shorts but a slight breeze means I need a light jacket to walk the dog.

A nice and sunny day got the ret of the wood in. Tomorrow in the afternoon we will start to feel the effects of Teddy, but not like Nova Scotia, last year when Dorian hit a crane hit a building hopefully this year they have all the cranes secure.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

We've been getting bands of rain since Sunday. I know we've had over 6" but not exactly how much over. (I am NOT going out in a downpour to empty a rain gauge so I know how much it's raining. I know how much ... too much.) There are reports of 12" in parts of the area.

It should let up tonight as Beta moves NE and gone.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They dont alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Fire, flood, pestilence. I am however looking forward to the frogs.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Nice day here today, due to the delta breeze (a long range sea breeze) we have exceptionally good air and very blue skies. Temperature is about 90F, nights are slowly getting cooler, maybe lower 50s tonight. Weve had off and on good days, some days you still smell smoke, some have haze. In forecast, most days should be mid 80s to 90s but its expected to go up to 95 in a few days, also wind shifts and heat will likely mean more smoke. There are still some major fires going on, nothing too close, slowly being contained, but more heat will mean a bit more fire and smoke.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    We've been getting bands of rain since Sunday. I know we've had over 6" but not exactly how much over. (I am NOT going out in a downpour to empty a rain gauge so I know how much it's raining. I know how much ... too much.) There are reports of 12" in parts of the area.

It should let up tonight as Beta moves NE and gone.
    Stay safe, Jim!
    Been breezy here overnight, including a brief power outage which turned off the Keurig machine, delaying my coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Stay safe, Jim!
    Been breezy here overnight, including a brief power outage which turned off the Keurig machine, delaying my coffee!
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Fire, flood, pestilence. I am however looking forward to the frogs.
    Will toads do Swift? Got lots of them here this season, good for the garden insect pests. It's been a nice dry 3 day stretch of 70's here, did some outside painting before the leftovers of Beta pass thru by Friday.

Still breezy. But much better than last week's smoke!