Page 240 of 242 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242 LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,200 of 7233

Thread: Your current weather?

Last night around midnight the cable and internet got taken out by the winds. Today the snow is melting, what was doing well in the cold frame is still doing well and we have a little bit of a bbq in the field for mothers day.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Dodged the worst of 2 frosty nights at 32-33F, garden seems ok with some covering measures taken, lost a couple of cucumber plants but ok other than that.

Weatherbug.com said 0% chance of rain while it was raining. They must get their data from weather.com.

Looks like a mourning of rain, a day of sleep, cleaning and coding.

It has been unseasonably chilly for several weeks, with a couple of frost threats the past week. It is about as extreme as January would be with high in low 20s F. and low in single digits.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    It has been unseasonably chilly for several weeks, with a couple of frost threats the past week. It is about as extreme as January would be with high in low 20s F. and low in single digits.
    Ouch, that feels unreal to me. Here it is very rare for it to ever get down to the 20s, and would be unheard of for this late in the year. An extended freeze here is rare, with it only dropping below freezing some nights around December and January. More than a decade ago there was an extended time below freezing, with some cacti and succulents dying outright, ice in the pool and a lemon tree dying down to the ground but that came back up from the roots. A water pipe even actually froze up.

Here, we are having what I would consider cool weather for this time of year. It recently was getting up to the upper 90s (F of course) but cooler air and some rain came in last night. It dropped to 50F for the low and is only getting up to about 70F today. The heat even came on a little, which again is unusual for this time of year.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Finally! Just one more night in the 40's (F) here and a warming trend starts tomorrow. I'm most likely just 100 miles south of Hornblower's area and these near freezing nights have put the summer veggie garden under pressure (but the cole crops love it). Thankfully not a lot of frost damage, just need to replant some beans and corn, plus lost a few cuke and melon plants. Some tips of the fig trees are wilty now but otherwise it's minimal damage. It won't be long before I'm complaining about the Hot temps and drought conditions.....oops, wandering into gardening thread territory here......

Well the next couple of days look warm and sunny for this time of year, above 10 c both days, and looks like the risk of frost is over.

Sunny with a high of 15 C but a cold wind went out and puttered around a bit.

Having some decent rain, started a bit late last night. It is a little surprising, since this has been a pretty dry year and this is near the end of the rainy season. It got up to about 80F yesterday and didnít cool down that much last night. I sat out on the porch for a half hour or more last night around 11PM, just enjoying the sound of the rain and dozing a bit. It was cool but not cold, which was nice. Usually, rainy weather here is too cold to enjoy outside. One thing I miss from the midwest are warm summer rains. I donít miss tornado weather or massive thunderstorms though.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

A mild cloudy day here in the upper 70's, it's a nice break from the sunny upper 80's over the last couple of days (I'm not ready for the heat yet). Tomorrow it looks like we'll get a dose of rain from TS Arthur as it brushes up the coastline. We need the rain now but will escape the winds which are looking to hit the OBX.

Sunny all week and getting up to about 28 C by the end of the week.

Rain for now—cooler

Nice and sunny about 15 C clear skies. Today big internal mental debate rather or not to get out the outdoor popup greenhouse, probably have all the pieces but the plastic outside didn't hold up that well but some plants need better sun outdoors or on the porch where I could move in the indoor greenhouse. But other than probably be reading a book and making some fake crab meat sandwiches already had some turkey soup.

Showers today as predicted from TS Authur, mid 60's. About 0.2" so far here but SE Va is getting up to 4" now. Looks like a stalled front will be around all week with more showers ahead. We need the rain so the garden likes it. Below are some pics I took yesterday....
    Peas
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200515_110848.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	25237
    Blueberries

Name:	IMG_20200515_110800.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	25238
    Broccoli with quater size dandylion flower on top

Name:	IMG_20200515_110443.jpg 
Size:	812.2 KB 
ID:	25239

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedude View Post
    Showers today as predicted from TS Authur, mid 60's. About 0.2" so far here but SE Va is getting up to 4" now. Looks like a stalled front will be around all week with more showers ahead. We need the rain so the garden likes it. Below are some pics I took yesterday....
    Peas

Name:	IMG_20200515_110848.jpg 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	25237
    Blueberries

Name:	IMG_20200515_110800.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	25238
    Broccoli with quater size dandylion flower on top

Name:	IMG_20200515_110443.jpg 
Size:	812.2 KB 
ID:	25239
    They look really healthy and tasty!

This is how the day ended here today.
    https://twitter.com/DavidLPFairweat/status/1262548789270908931?s=20
    Now after a quick nap it has clouded over.

Well it is sunny out and still bit of a cool breeze. Downloading some podcasts because I am going for a walk a long walk.

Thx Ozduck, I hope to have more pics as more plants mature but will post them on the gardening thread.
    Cloudy and showers here for the next few days, upper 60's for highs.

Any sunny day here about 20 C and warmer tomorrow and after taking a walk of over 20 K in and out of town I am a bit sore today and not doing much.

A picture can show exactly what the weather was like in my part of Perth this morning.

Name:	Canoe1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	25257

Clouds last evening prevented me seeing Venus and Mercury. It's looking a bit clearer today.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

It cooled down about 10 degrees but still sunny for a few days yet, I actually like this temp.

After two weeks of beautiful weather , days like my post above, we had a huge storm overnight and remnants around for a couple of days. It hit about 1,200 km of the coastline before moving inland. Lots of houses damaged, trees blown over and power cuts. Some 65,000 properties were without power for a while and 20,000 or so are still getting it restored. We were lucky and had no damage and only a few flickers of the lights. It was the remnants of a Tropical Cyclone which don't normally get this far south. The last time was in 2012. Winds of up to 132 km/h plus some nice falls off rain.
    Last edited by ozduck; 2020-May-25 at 08:25 AM.

The forecast today is 102F, currently 88F. For here, thatís warm for this time of year, but not unheard of. Usually it sits around 85-95F. I think I will likely need to turn the air conditioner on for the first time this year. It still has been getting fairly cool at night, and that helps - Heck, about a week or so past, there was some rain and it was cool enough for the heater to run at night.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Hot about 30 C on the thermometer and feels like 33 C with the humidty. Trying to do some transplanting some things outdoors but flies are also out in droves. Guess I will indoors for a couple of hours at least, should someday try to get the screen tent out and up.

Weather has prevented me seeing Venus and Mercury the past two nights but it's looking more promising tonight. I've already missed the closest conjunction though, I think.

Well it is so humid out I can't see anything in sky, also I think I have some kind of heat and humidity insomnia.

We're bracing for tropical storm Bertha here but thankfully it should only be breezy & rainy conditions for a couple of days. That's TS # 2 before June, I don't believe that's ever occurred before? Not a good omen for the coming months ahead, hope we don't have to dip into the Greek alphabet later this year, ugh.

It cleared up last night enough to allow me to see Mercury AND the ISS! Maybe tonight I'll be able to see Crew Dragon as well!