Page 126 of 234 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 6992

Thread: Your current weather?

It's "warmed up" to 32F, with a flurry of snow right now. Wind almost calm.

Temperature dropping to -28 C tonight with a windchill of up to -46 C depending on how strong the wind is. There's a big Arctic front moving in, I'm not sure how far south this one is heading but be prepared for more winter.
    "Back off man, I'm a Scientist!"- Peter Venkman, PhD in Psychology and Parapsychology

Quote Originally Posted by starcanuck64 View Post
    There's a big Arctic front moving in, I'm not sure how far south this one is heading but be prepared for more winter.
    From what I see in the forecast... Texas and Georgia.
    STOP SENDING THOSE THINGS DOWN HERE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    From what I see in the forecast... Texas and Georgia.
    STOP SENDING THOSE THINGS DOWN HERE !!!
    We take the cold fronts as long as we can and then all the bitter complaining drives them south, sorry.

We've been getting some pretty horrendous wind chill factors here, -60 C in southern Saskatchewan yesterday and many cities and towns in Alberta woke to wind chill in the mid to high -40 C this morning. This kind of blows up the idea that climate change is a nice smooth process to a warmer world, I'm a little afraid of what the future without a stable polar vortex holds for us.
    "Back off man, I'm a Scientist!"- Peter Venkman, PhD in Psychology and Parapsychology

Clouds have rolled in. Chances for rain!! Otherwise probably 68 F, calm. Nice to have a change in weather FINALLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Clouds have rolled in. Chances for rain!! Otherwise probably 68 F, calm. Nice to have a change in weather FINALLY.
    Sounds nice, here on Hoth we're having a tough time keeping our Tauntauns from keeling over.

Sounds nice, here on Hoth we're having a tough time keeping our Tauntauns from keeling over.
    Ship them here to Coruscant; there's a huge petting zoo near to where I live. I'll handle the details on this end.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Ship them here to Coruscant; there's a huge petting zoo near to where I live. I'll handle the details on this end.
    That could be a problem, it's never wise to allow a tauntaun to thaw(the smell issue) so they're usually only found on the colder planets. You'll need a very dependable refrigeration unit.

That could be a problem, it's never wise to allow a tauntaun to thaw(the smell issue) so they're usually only found on the colder planets. You'll need a very dependable refrigeration unit.
    Oh. Hmmmm. Well, I'll go to the Jedi Temple and ask if they can help. R2, come along...

(beep-WEEE-beep-RRRRppp!)

R2's in a bad mood. Oh well, off we go!

On this second day of spring as we count it, it's still foggy and the day temperature is still fluctuating around 5C as it's been doing for two months now.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

Thirteen below (F), Wind chill unknown but felt significant, spent almost an hour shoveling my driveway.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Still below zero here. We are officially at the second snowiest winter on record with a long way to go to eclipse the snowiest. Great Lakes show over 90% ice cover. Only 5% to go! Frozen over lakes typically shuts off the lake effect so i don't think we'll hit that snow record. Ice cover seems reachable based on the ten day forecast.

I wonder if this is how ice ages start? A permanent shift in the jet stream and my house will be under a glacier in a few years.

We are having another wild swing in the weather here. Yesterday the high was 55 around noon, and still over 40 and raining at midnight. About 3 AM the rain changed to sleet, with a change to snow between 5 and 6. As of 10 AM the temperature is down to 19, with about 3.5 inches of powdery snow over freezing slush. Snow could reach as much as 8 inches in some places, and overnight low is expected to reach single digits.

Still raining here in northern California.
    So many bugs, so little time.

Wild 24 hour swing here in central Virginia too. Yesterday I was in shorts doing yard work at 77F, woke up to 32F this morning with sleet. Almost noon here now and getting hammered with snow, temp to drop to mid teens by sundown and 9F by morning. Still, it's a heatwave some some of your standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedude View Post
    Wild 24 hour swing here in central Virginia too. Yesterday I was in shorts doing yard work at 77F, woke up to 32F this morning with sleet. Almost noon here now and getting hammered with snow, temp to drop to mid teens by sundown and 9F by morning. Still, it's a heatwave some some of your standards.
    77F to a hard freeze with snow and ice in 24 hours! I had no idea it was that warm so close to here. That may explain why the News 4 team was finding only wet roads in Stafford County going south toward Fredericksburg while everything was icy farther north despite salting and plowing.

We ended up with 5 or 6 inches of snow, and the temperature is about 18 and dropping fast. The plows took a swipe at my street but left a lot of slush, and now it is glare ice on a steep hill. If they don't get some sand on it overnight, it will be really nasty tomorrow morning.

Heavy rain, mid 50's F in the lowlands around Puget Sound. Even heavier rain up in the mountains. The higher temps and resulting snowmelt, combined with the heavy rain, means local flooding and landslides are starting to occur.

-16C with light snow; supposed to drop to -23 with flurries tonight, then rise to 0C by tomorrow afternoon and +12 by Saturday afternoon. Gotta love them Chinooks!

Still cold today but heading for double digits above zero next week.

http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-50_metric_e.html

Quote Originally Posted by redshifter View Post
    Heavy rain, mid 50's F in the lowlands around Puget Sound. Even heavier rain up in the mountains. The higher temps and resulting snowmelt, combined with the heavy rain, means local flooding and landslides are starting to occur.
    Oh my yes. I just got soaked running into the take-out pizza place. Expect to see salmon swimming across the highway near Shelton very soon.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

We are enjoying a tropical heatwave today. 47F , can you believe it ??! A little easier on the oil burner. Had to buy 235gallons of heating oil yesterday. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by danscope View Post
    We are enjoying a tropical heatwave today. 47F , can you believe it ??!..

Beautiful day here; mostly cloudy, maybe 60 F, sprinkles and light rain (yay!), calm. Hope for more rain.

It feels strange walking outside without gloves, toque, long johns etc...I was beginning to think this winter would never end. +10 C today, the snow is going to disappear fast here.

Hi Buttercup, So nice to hear that you got a little rain for your prayers.... and your almond tree.

14C and sun today, spring's definitely here.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

Spring is late here in central Virginia, very late. Tough it is nice here today at 60F none of my fruit trees have bloomed yet. Usually most (cherry, pears, plums, peaches) are at peak bloom right now but only 2 plums show any sign of bud swell. Not even the daffodils are blooming, that's late for us. Long range forecast hints at a chilly Mar/Apr here.

More snow, really we needed more.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Absolutely beautiful here! Sunny and low 50's F. Supposed to be in the low 60's tomorrow, a nice preview of spring. Time to get caught up on yardwork...

Obviously, the weather here must be bad.
    I went to one of our local news web sites, and out of 27 stories, 25 are weather related.

Reporters must be lemmings. They all follow each other to the same basic story.

One story even was a reporter walking to work 3 whole blocks and showing the start of the snow. Really?

Chilly (well, by SA standards), and very breezy.