Page 132 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 6992

Thread: Your current weather?

Some rain for your trees would be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by danscope View Post
    Some rain for your trees would be a good thing.
    We did have a rather brisk rainy season July through early October; did get needed rain amounts. And just in time (by late June the trees were suffering; yellow falling leaves already).

An early christmas for you !!!!!
    All the best,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by danscope View Post
    An early christmas for you !!!!!
    All the best,
    Dan
    Yes! And hopefully it means "snow" here in the valley, at least once (during our winter rainy season). Usually disappears within 12 hours and zero shoveling.

Warm, high 50's (about 8 - 10 degrees above normal) with heavy rain on the way. With the warm temps and heavy rain, some local rivers might be on flood watch. Not unusual for this time of year, esp. when the freezing level jumps up so high (7000') and any lower elevation snow melts off along with the rainfall.

Hi Buttercup! Cold here but not too cold, 40's day, 30+/- nites. No deep freeze and good enough temps and rain lately to keep the fall crops going (carrots, collards, spinach). I need to do some painting in the garage but it's too darn cold out there! Thankfully no polar vortex on the horizon. I want it to snow over the holidays and then turn into Sring right after New Years

Cold, dry, lt breeze, temp 30 F and falling. Rain tomorrow ...in a big way.

Windy, rainy, and cold.
    Information about American English usage here and here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

How do things fly? This explains it all.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    Windy, rainy, and cold.
    An excellent description of this morning here in the GNW. It got better.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Slushy in the prairies this afternoon. If it doesn't refreeze and turn the town into an ice rink we'll need to invest in bugwash.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    An excellent description of this morning here in the GNW. It got better.
    I expect it to be much better by March.
    Information about American English usage here and here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

How do things fly? This explains it all.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

I spoke too soon. Another windstorm has come through. Power has been out for about two hours now.

Beautiful day. Clear blue sky mostly. Bright sunshine .No wind. Powdering of fresh snow from overnight. -7C. Barometer 30.30 mmHg.
    Last edited by walker1001; 2014-Dec-10 at 05:54 PM.

Wind. Rain. Very warm. Tomorrow's forecast: Very windy (75mph gusts forecast), very rainy, warm. Tomorrow's storm is expected to cause significant power outages, potential mudslides and localized flooding, both on rivers and coastal areas. If the storm comes in at high tide, there could be significant flooding because of storm surge. Sounds like Treb's gotten an early start on the power outages...hope it's not out for too long!
    Last edited by redshifter; 2014-Dec-10 at 07:08 PM.

Usually, in Sacramento, summer is the dry season and winter is the wet season. In winter, there's lots of rain or fog, and sunny days tend to be rare (and cold, at least by local standards).

Last winter, Sacramento had wonderful weather (dry and unseasonably warm much of the time), but I couldn't help but feel worried, since if it went another year I knew I'd have to start letting the yard die.

This winter, so far, it's looking like it may be making up for lost time. We just recently had a rare storm with heavy flooding (my own drive to and from work were worrisome, for instance, when I hit a huge amount of water at one point on the freeway, which I didn't see because of limited visibility - good thing I'd kept my distance from other cars), and now we're constantly being told that the storm coming tomorrow is supposed to make that look *mild.*

Right now, it's calm and dry, but we too are expected to get 70+ mph gusts, and may get a third or more of average annual rainfall in this one storm.

So we're waiting here to see what happens tomorrow. It will be interesting.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Usually, in Sacramento, summer is the dry season and winter is the wet season. In winter, there's lots of rain or fog, and sunny days tend to be rare (and cold, at least by local standards).

Last winter, Sacramento had wonderful weather (dry and unseasonably warm much of the time), but I couldn't help but feel worried, since if it went another year I knew I'd have to start letting the yard die.

This winter, so far, it's looking like it may be making up for lost time. We just recently had a rare storm with heavy flooding (my own drive to and from work were worrisome, for instance, when I hit a huge amount of water at one point on the freeway, which I didn't see because of limited visibility - good thing I'd kept my distance from other cars), and now we're constantly being told that the storm coming tomorrow is supposed to make that look *mild.*

Right now, it's calm and dry, but we too are expected to get 70+ mph gusts, and may get a third or more of average annual rainfall in this one storm.

So we're waiting here to see what happens tomorrow. It will be interesting.
    Interesting indeed! Apparently the storm we're getting tomorrow (3rd storm of 3 this week...and the biggest) is starting down your way and working its way up the coast. We had 66 degrees recorded at SeaTac airport, the warmest Dec. temp ever recorded there. The skiers can't be very happy in my neck of the woods with the warmth, but I imagine they're ecstatic down in CA.
    Last edited by redshifter; 2014-Dec-11 at 12:25 AM.

Windy last night. Now 10 cm snow on ground & 15 to 20 cm coming today, thanks to New England's Nor'easter. -8C. Wind N 18km/hr

Tuesday p.m.: Lightning, thunder, and rain. *Rare* for this area. Very nice!

Yesterday: Mostly clear, and unusually warm - same for today. Current temperature (8:30 a.m.) is 52 F (feels warmer). Sunny, calm.

Quite overcast, temp 38F , wind calm , and a steady slight dusting of very fine snow flacks, nothing much to write about,
    and nothing sticking. Good

Southern Florida, cold as can be. Miserable. It's like 46 degrees F

Chicago, IL
    Thursday 10:00 PM
    Clear
    30F
    Feels Like 21
    Wind
    W 9 mph
    Humidity
    74%

I love the temp ... 30F but feels like 21

Major windstorm overnight in the GNW. I haven't really heard many details but there've been a couple of deaths from falling trees. With the wind from the south as it was, we were pretty sheltered by tall trees on a hill in that direction. Power, for the most part, stayed on at my location but blinked a couple of times -- right near the end of the last episode of Gracepoint causing us to miss a couple of minutes while the TV and cable box rebooted.

Spoiler: They did tweak the ending, just a little.

Unseasonably warm. I'm going golfing! Snow expected for tomorrow.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Major windstorm overnight in the GNW. I haven't really heard many details but there've been a couple of deaths from falling trees. With the wind from the south as it was, we were pretty sheltered by tall trees on a hill in that direction. Power, for the most part, stayed on at my location but blinked a couple of times -- right near the end of the last episode of Gracepoint causing us to miss a couple of minutes while the TV and cable box rebooted.

Spoiler: They did tweak the ending, just a little.
    Calm today, which seems weird after all the wild weather of the last few days...heck it's not even raining! Luckily we did not lose power either, though the wind didn't seem as bad as what was forecast, at least where I live.

For clarity: For Monday's outage, we were at the alternate location near Port Townsend, WA. Yesterday we were in Everett. Now we're back to the other place. Just as well we were in Everett as the power was out here for several hours last night, according to the neighbor. She also said it was the most wind she's seen here in four or five years, and this is a particularly windy location.

Snowing!!

Began about 15 minutes ago (3:40 p.m. CST). They're currently *huge* and briskly falling.

Had a little snow earlier ... 5 PM , coming back from Boston. High moisture , a little greasy to drive in. Glad to be home.
    30 F , light breeze , maybe some rain later as it warms up. Tomorrow... 50F !!!!!

Cold, with a chance of coughing. Oh wait, that's me.

Warm - mid 50's F and raining heavily. Flood watches issued and avalanche warnings in the mountains - rising freezing levels combined with heavy rain make avalanches likely.

Got 25 F and falling. Am to be 0 F . We're getting punished for all the good weather we,ve had And there's a wind behind it. Yes, the fun never stops.