Page 153 of 256 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,590 of 7678

Thread: Your current weather?

Absolutely perfect.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Spring is in the air, the Sun is starting to feel warmer.. Still chilly in the mornings though.. !
    Far away is close at hand in images of elsewhere...

Very windy and warm here today, pine tree pollen is thick in the air and we could use a good rain to wash it out.

Spring is good !! Got 66F , hazy skies with a stiff breeze with 30 knt gusts . It'll be nicer when the town has swept up the road sand. Gets in yer eyes...sort of . Tough on contact lenses ( Wife ) .

The forecast was for rain but not much came. After hauling some pine bows to the field I decided to check on the maple taps since yesterday. On was knocked of the tree. And of course on the way back it started to shower,
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Absolutely perfect.
    And again yesterday. I went out in the evening and watched the ISS go over twice! The second time I was sorry we'd been watching TV and I didn't take the telescope out to look at the glorious stars. I could see the Pleiades with the naked eye, which is unusual for the local climate and my eyes!

Trivial things that bug me: The neighbors' porch lights!

Socked in grey, 62F, lt breeze.

After a series of gorgeous days, it has clouded up today. That's a shame, because there's what looks like a really nice space station pass tonight. Oh well, I've seen it three times in two days along with a gazillion stars!

Thunder, wind, rain, snow.

Hunh?
    Information about American English usage here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

How do things fly? This explains it all.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

Broken clouds after a quick snow squall. Got a couple inches. The driveway has melted the snow already
    43F with a gentle breeze.

Spring is sprung,
    The grass is cutt.
    I now shall sit,
    upon my nether regions.

It was supposed to rain today. Instead it's sunny and 74F. That's at least six degrees to warm for my liking.

Summer like weather here already....
    "Back off man, I'm a Scientist!"- Peter Venkman, PhD in Psychology and Parapsychology

We used to dream about 74 ! Been snowing steadily , about 4 inches now, got 25 , wind near calm.
    But we have power. Lost power yesterday for a couple of hours. Winter's last insult

Bright, clear skies , great viewing, 40 F with a light breeze. Some melting going on.

Quote Originally Posted by danscope View Post
    Bright, clear skies , great viewing, 40 F with a light breeze. Some melting going on.
    Melting, to what do you refer?

It's a bit cooler here to today with overcast but it's going into the mid 70s F for the rest of the week. It's nice but then I think about why it gets so much warmer so much earlier now. All those little CO2 molecules at work in the atmosphere...
    "Back off man, I'm a Scientist!"- Peter Venkman, PhD in Psychology and Parapsychology

We received a little spring surprise snow...3 to 5 inches . I took the plow off my Yukon. What did I expect ?
    Getting rain next couple of days....maybe an inch or so . Wind at 8 mph , 39 F . No snow . Maybe some thunder tomorrow , if you like that sort of thing .

We received a little spring surprise snow...3 to 5 inches . I took the plow off my Yukon. What did I expect ?
    Getting rain next couple of days....maybe an inch or so . Wind at 8 mph , 39 F . No snow . Maybe some thunder tomorrow , if you like that sort of thing .
    When I lived in Montana, the heaviest snows of the year always seemed to happen in April. Four feet in Billings one year in the mid '50's. And during spring break, so I didn't even miss a day of school.
    Here in The Great Northwet, it's pretty much been high summer for a couple of weeks. I might hook up the bedroom A/C tomorrow.

We had a semi-hard freeze here yesterday morning, temp dropped to 27F long enough to destroy the new foliage on our hydrangia and pomergrante bushes. The fruit trees appear ok but another freeze is expected by Sunday morning. Still working on my spelling lol.

Quote Originally Posted by starcanuck64 View Post
    All those little CO2 molecules at work in the atmosphere...
    The El Nino on top of the CO2-induced warming trend made for a very mild winter here:
    - Open water in the river at the end of January, ice completely out well before the end of March.
    - Francois Lake did not freeze over this winter.
    - Record warm temperature at the end of March. I actually went two days without having the furnace on. That normally doesn't happen until May up here.
    - Snow in my yard was melted before the end of March.
    - And, as last year, I was able to start bicycling before the end of February.

All pleasant at one level (e.g., if you don't have to count on frost in the ground to do your work), but I fear this year's fire season. Last year was a disaster.

I haven't been out that way since the late 1970s. We used to live in Prince George when I was young, my dad was a forester with PG Pulp and we had access to their lodge and boats on Stewart Lake. One summer with my godparents we took a river and lake trip from Stewart all the way up to Takla Landing. That is amazing country around there.

It got very cold there, winters in PG could get close to -50 F at times.

Here in Penticton this year people were golfing in February the weather was so nice.

Hi Trebuchet , My cousin in Seatac said it was 74 . Nice for you.
    Been a good rain event today. Helps out the reservoirs.
    Temp 49 , wind 12 kts. The cat's still drying off

Hi Trebuchet , My cousin in Seatac said it was 74 . Nice for you.
    Been a good rain event today. Helps out the reservoirs.
    Temp 49 , wind 12 kts. The cat's still drying off
    Too warm for me, actually. I saw 76 on the car display. And fired up the A/C, as well as hooking up the bedroom A/C in the house. This is NOT a Puget Sound Spring!

Recent storms along the Gulf Coast. http://wfla.com/2016/04/07/video-2-p...inellas-pasco/

Severe weather wet up for tornado alley--then parts east.
    https://weather.com/storms/severe/ne...ril-10-12-2016

I've recently relocated to North Texas. (Dallas Fort Worth areas)

I never used to have allergy issues as a kid, but have in the past 5 years or so before I moved here. Pretty bad here too, though the Nettie pot is a godsend. (Sorry, religion rule exemption? )

Today though, I got a flare up in my eye, with swelling in one eye. I'm not sure if this was just a particularly bad eyelash (I have awful girly eyelashes that girls often get jealous of) or if there may have been an allergic component.

Has anyone else in the North Texas and near region had this? I know this region is known for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    ...though the Nettie pot is a godsend.
    Pouring water directly into my sinuses through my nose? That makes me cringe worse than fingernails on the chalkboard. I've never tried it but am very sure I couldn't do it.

I never thought I could either, til it became too much to bear (rarr!) and I had to try it. Turns out it is easy to handle and gives an hour to 3 of benefit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

After a day of heavy rain the sun is out and it was warm with some wind, also a little bonus to the day I got a call to test for a temp job for statistics Canada.

Delivered from the rain, sunshine next 6 days , temperatures warming Got 57 winds light. Baro 30.35 "

Another sunny day, helped wit putting together a sawmill with the brother in law, pulled the taps out of the trees.