Page 247 of 249 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249 LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,410 of 7452

Thread: Your current weather?

One last day of sunny 60's here then the rain hits tonight, after which much cooler temps arrive. Will have to wait for the next warm dry spell to finish painting the remaining 1/3 of the garage.

It is a dark and stormy night, well morning actually. Windy and rainy, the lights have flicked a couple of times already and the internet went out for a few minute. Now just getting some podcasts and putting them on my phone incase the power or internet goes out.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

It's been very nice all day. Until this evening when it started to cloud up just as I went to look for Jupiter and Saturn. Saturn was obstructed by the time I could get the telescope pointed.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Frost on the ground this morning. That's not good. Cold outside, too. Dang.
    Do good work. óVirgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom

O C and clear, brought in wood, helping with action tomorrow.

Cloudy and above 0 C, rain tomorrow. Done with auction company until the new year, they're training another individual tomorrow.

Rainy, rainy day, just saw a neighbor jogging up the road, he does the block which is about 8 km.

Record warm December day - about 73F (~23C) this afternoon. I’ve been outside, and have had windows and screen door open the first time in December that I can remember. Previous record was 69F a good number of years ago. I had the windows open once in January but not previously in December. It still gets pretty cold at night though.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Today was our first really hot day this summer with the temperature, so far at 14:21, topping out at a little over 39C. We still went for our morning bike ride but made sure that we were home by around 0830 when it was only around 28C.

I was trying to finish off cleaning up an old cane bookshelf today and have been applying some varnish. The trouble is that even in the shade the varnish is drying too quickly. I will have to wait till this evening before trying another coat.

We got our first snow of the season yesterday, just 1 inch. Temp dropped to 27F overnite with a cold day ahead. So far 2020 ranks as the 5th wettest year on record here, 2018 is the 2nd wettest on record. Wish we could send some our wetness to the west coast.

Overcast, about 0 C and took a walk around the property.
    A few pics.

Yesterday it was overcast and eventually rain at night and today foggy. Went and got my Christmas hopping done incase some kind of extreme lockdown, some super storm comes and buries everybody or some super lizard wakes up on the bottom of the ocean to wipe out all life. Looks like cold and a some kind of snow storm coming.

We had 2 very pleasant days of 70F and dry conditions, tomorrow and Weds we will get 1-2 inches of rain each day, and a cold 40's rain at that. Glad it's not snow, not just yet.

Iím getting rain today, also had some Friday evening, but it was dry and sunny yesterday. Very much needed, as there was only one other rainstorm since last May. This looks like it may be a very dry year, but it can turn around in January and into the spring (it has in other years). Cooler in the day, but warmer at night - typical rain weather.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I'm waiting for the beautifully clear night of the conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter. 2020 owes it to us!

-15 C and clear skies. The power went off for about 15 minutes but before it came back on I was half way starting the kitchen fire so no it is going, looks like we will miss out on the snow storm that is going to Nova Scotia. It was windy yesterday and scallop fishing crew in Nova Scotia and now people are looking for them.

A Cold rain here today (enough with the rains already!), but glad it's not snow which just missed us to the west this go round. A Cold dry week ahead once it clears out, but at least it'll be dry. It's a good chilly day to whip up 5 gallons of chili, just finished tweaking it for dinner tonite and for several meals during the winter.

I hear that Jupiter and Saturn are close in the sky, but I wouldn't know anything about that. Buffalo is experiencing one of it's typical winters where the sky is so cloudy that observing stars like the sun becomes difficult. On the upside, it snowed a bit and it now looks like winter.

I am just trying to hold on until February, so I can go camping. Usually the skies are very clear that time of year.
    Solfe

Another rain is coming tonight, and it is getting cooler so becoming a more typical winter for this area. On good days, I try to spend time outside usually doing a bit of yard work. Things donít grow that much this time of year, but I am still seeing green stuff in spots I donít want it now that the rain has started. So I use a combo of roundup and a weed eater to keep things in shape. I let things get a bit ahead of me last year, and I donít want to deal with that in the spring again.

Now that I am mostly at home I find the outside time in the yard even in winter really helps. A few days ago there was the first real fog this year after the rain. I went out front before dawn and it was beautiful. It was lighter than I would expect, and the house lights and Christmas lights from various houses lit it up wonderfully. Usually fog is just annoying but this felt magical.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

- 10 C and some light snow, got the wood in, garbage can back in and got the mail while listening to the geologic podcast and a Skeptics with a K, which I already listened part of but forgot where I left off.

Saw this on my commute and had to circle back and take a pic. Let's just say the signs of heavy rain have become increasingly difficult to ignore.

Heh! That is so close to 45 degrees Iíd almost think it is deliberate. Itís like a half covered ďSubject to FloodingĒ sign.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Last night got some rain which melted some snow then some snow came down to replace what lost, it actually looks like rain on Christmas day.
    https://twitter.com/DavidLPFairweat/status/1341385201830797321?s=20

Utterly dismal yesterday. Started out with wind and rain then progressed through the day to wind and snow. We get very little snow here. Great conjunction? Heck, I could barely see across the street. Oh, and the power was out for a couple of hours.
    This morning it's brilliantly clear and not a cloud in the sky. I am hoping it might stay that way for about 10 hours, the planets can't have moved THAT far apart!

Stuff that makes me happy: When we were planning our new house I insisted on an automatic propane powered generator system. It not only keeps us lit, but provides us with TV and internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Utterly dismal yesterday. Started out with wind and rain then progressed through the day to wind and snow. We get very little snow here. Great conjunction? Heck, I could barely see across the street. Oh, and the power was out for a couple of hours.
    This morning it's brilliantly clear and not a cloud in the sky. I am hoping it might stay that way for about 10 hours, the planets can't have moved THAT far apart!

Stuff that makes me happy: When we were planning our new house I insisted on an automatic propane powered generator system. It not only keeps us lit, but provides us with TV and internet!
    I know that you don't really like Hot Weather either so you wouldn't enjoy being in Perth today or tomorrow as we are heading towards 39 C today (Currently 37C just before midday) and 40 C tomorrow. However it did mean that we got a good look at the conjunction when we went down to the river last night. It was about 30 C at 19:30 when we went down and some people were out catching crabs. We got a pretty good view of the conjunction and could clearly see the the two different planets with the naked eye. My camera, no tripod and relying on digital zoom, was never going to going to take great photos of the event but I did get one which at least shows that they are planets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Planet5.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	25759

Name:	Planet1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	298.3 KB 
ID:	25760

Quote Originally Posted by ozduck View Post
    I know that you don't really like Hot Weather either so you wouldn't enjoy being in Perth today or tomorrow as we are heading towards 39 C today (Currently 37C just before midday) and 40 C tomorrow. However it did mean that we got a good look at the conjunction when we went down to the river last night. It was about 30 C at 19:30 when we went down and some people were out catching crabs. We got a pretty good view of the conjunction and could clearly see the the two different planets with the naked eye. My camera, no tripod and relying on digital zoom, was never going to going to take great photos of the event but I did get one which at least shows that they are planets.
    Is that the Swan river? It sure looks nice there although those daytime temps would certainly wilt me.

I'd probably prefer 40F to 40C!
    I went out too late to look for Jupiturn and discovered they'd set. But it had clouded up and I wouldn't have seen much anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenite View Post
    Is that the Swan river? It sure looks nice there although those daytime temps would certainly wilt me.
    You have to adapt to the weather - and have air-con. We did our normal bike ride this morning but were home by 08:30 when it was still in the mid 20's.

It certainly was the Swan River, specifically the Como Jetty in South Perth. This photo shows central Perth from there. The three guys are walking with scoop nets to catch Blue Manna (Blue Swimmer) crabs. The guy on the left is wearing a head lamp. The second photo shows one they caught close to the jetty - it was actually undersized so they put it back.

Name:	Planet4A.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	425.2 KB 
ID:	25762

Name:	Planet3.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	382.0 KB 
ID:	25761

Trebuchet - yes I didn't think you would appreciate 40 C weather

In this photo Jupiturn, nice word you invented, is the small, barely discernable 'star' to the left of the jetty.

Name:	Planet.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	25763

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I'd probably prefer 40F to 40C!
    40c is 104F (I donít think in C) and yes, thatís on the warm side, but in my view, I need air conditioning for either one (or at least some very impressive insulation for 40F) so I canít say Iíd have much preference. With a pool and air conditioning, 40C probably wins out. Last summer I had quite a number of days at least that warm.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by ozduck View Post
    You have to adapt to the weather - and have air-con. We did our normal bike ride this morning but were home by 08:30 when it was still in the mid 20's.
    Has the Fremantle Doctor, those strong cooling breezes that come off the Indian Ocean, been helping to ward off the heat?