Page 248 of 254 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,440 of 7612

Thread: Your current weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Selenite View Post
    Has the Fremantle Doctor, those strong cooling breezes that come off the Indian Ocean, been helping to ward off the heat?
    It usually does but on 40 degree days like today it just doesn't come in. At 21:30 tonight most of Perth is still getting Easterly (i.e. inland winds). Even Rottnest Island which is 18 km offshore from Fremantle is recording 25 knot Easterlies. They will keep gusting all night and push us to another 40 degree day tomorrow.

Clear and -5 C, time to go out and get the mail and help in the decorating.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Clear and 35F. I've just been out on the upper deck for about an hour watching Jupiter and Saturn, with a bit of bonus moon and Mars! Just wearing thin sweat pants and sweat shirt over my tee and a hat. It's amazing how cold you don't get when your are having a good time!
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

It started to cloud over while I was outside and I checked later and it was pretty cloudy so I missed Saturn and Jupiter.

It topped out at 41.1 C at midday today and has since dropped to 38.2 C at 13:40. The humidity has been hovering around the 13 - 14 % mark which is pretty normal here. Our hot winds usually come off the central deserts so we usually have a low humidity reading. There is a hint of a sea breeze (Fremantle Doctor) this afternoon and Christmas Day is now predicted to be a slightly cooler 37 degrees.

Pouring rain in central Indiana. An Arctic front will be coming in overnight, so an icy day tomorrow. Expected to get even colder Xmas day.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Itís what passes for cold here - a little above freezing now (35F) and may dip down to freezing in the early morning. Expected to reach mid to high 50s tomorrow. However, we may get some much needed rain on Christmas day. Not a white Christmas (unless there is fog in the morning) but a wet one.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

A mixed bag here, a warm Eve with predicted thunderstorms later tonite and possible snow flurries Xmas morning. Hopefully we won't lose power overnight, wind gusts could hit the 50-60 MPH mark :-(

Low 20s today. Expected teens tomorrow. A flurry currently.

Just above freezing as I was checking the mail and dropping off a gift because that family dropped off a present to me today while I was still sleeping. The sky looked like it was clearing up and spent some time in the field wanting for the conjunction and then it clouded over.
    https://twitter.com/DavidLPFairweat/status/1342230033235111937?s=20

Clouds are starting to move in. Looks like rain for Christmas. I took a picture of Mt. Rainier as the sun went down as it will probably be absent from the horizon for a while.

Lovely! No volcano views from my house but you can see Baker, Glacier Peak, and Rainier from town, although Rainier is a bit distant.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Lovely! No volcano views from my house but you can see Baker, Glacier Peak, and Rainier from town, although Rainier is a bit distant.
    Yeah, I've always been fascinated by volcanoes. Personally, I blame Jules Verne. I still have some pictures of Mt. Saint Helens from a few years back when it still had the nasty smoking habit.

Boy. This board is working sloooow today.

Hey, Kilauea has reawakened, maybe MSH can be next!
    And if you think the board is slow on your computer, just try it on Tapatalk!

Finally some snow just after Christmas. Going into sisters for Christmas dinner. Then when I get back I should get back doing stuff, got to clean the hard drive getting warnings that there is not enough space and gotta do some cleaning.

Lightly snowing, about -5C. Although the snow came early this year, there hasn't been much of it and I'd describe this as a pretty lame season so far. The river didn't freeze over until the 23rd, about two weeks later than I can ever recall it happening.

After a 40 C Christmas Day the weather has cooled down to a very pleasant 31 C today - much nicer for bike riding. It is forecast to heat up again to 39 C on Tuesday and Wednesday.

About -5 C and clear skies and a snow storm about to hit tomorrow. Did a quick walk to the mailboxes, knew there wasn't any mail but went to checkout what happened to the house that was on fire last night. The shell is there but looks dark on the inside. Did a couple of things around the house before the snow hits.

I love where I live. Love it, love it, love it. Except the wind. It's been bad several days in a row and is supposed to be seriously bad today.

A lot of new lakes are popping up at the local school-ground. The crows are happily feasting on earthworms driven above ground.

We got an inch of rain yesterday and we'll get another inch tomorrow, but today was a perfect day sunny & 72F. To take breaks from outside chores I had to toss an old blanket over the waterlogged hammock. Just glad that Jan has finally arrived.

Snow, ice, & freezing rain last night, icy this morning, now just wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedude View Post
    Just glad that Jan has finally arrived.
    Did she say "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I love where I live. Love it, love it, love it. Except the wind. It's been bad several days in a row and is supposed to be seriously bad today.
    "Seriously Bad" doesn't seem to have occurred in my vicinity. Any day without the generator running is an ok day. As long as it's not in2020!

Quote Originally Posted by Selenite View Post
    A lot of new lakes are popping up at the local school-ground. The crows are happily feasting on earthworms driven above ground.

You need a cartoon for that!
    The real way to tell when the weather is going to be seriously bad here is when the schoolyard is full of seagulls sitting on the ground. They know!

We got about 15 cm snow yesterday, I had bit of a head cold for a while and cleared up yesterday, today is going to be sunny probably bring in some wood maybe wonder around the fields and garden and figure what to do.

Overcast and a little snow and again for most of week, Temps staying around the freezing point so not that cold which is good because I might be helping with the auction company this weekend.

It was pretty hot in Perth today. The minimum temperature overnight was 18.7 C (66F) and the maximum was a toasty 42.2 C (108F). At 5 pm it had dropped to 39.6 C. Tomorrow the maximum will drop to 36C before we have 5 or 6 days in the high 20's - mid 30's.

The weather bureau has just announced that 2020 was the second hottest year recorded in W.A with the hottest being 2019.

That sounds like last summer here. The record here, a number of years ago was 113F (45C) but 108F days come up now and then. Last summer there were a surprising number of days over 100F.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I see your 45 C (113F) and raise with a 46.2 C (115 F) back in 1991. At least we don't normally get high humidity - yesterday when the temperature was at its hottest it was only at 9% . I think you have a 'dry heat' climate too?

Yes, the standard joke when someone complains on a hot day is, ďBut at least itís dry heat.Ē And I am happy to leave the record hot weather day to you. If I really want to experience extreme heat, I can just head down to Death Valley in the summer. For some reason, I donít do that.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser